10+ Year Old Account

Hows Guild Wars 2 doing? Looking to get back into a MMO.

I'm 100% done with WoW, tried it again, but it's not happening anymore. Rift is a great game but it feels a bit too much like WoW and it feels like you sort of need to pay the 15 bucks a month to fully benefit from it. So i'm wondering how Guild Wars 2 is doing right now. Can someone who hasn't played since launch (I think I have a 20ish nord hunter?) get back in the game without feeling horribly behind? That's my main problem trying to get back into a MMO. I remember how single player focused the leveling was and how brutal the dungeons were.

Deleted
    Nothing has changed since you left.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here you go:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/w...turningplayers

Most dungeons aren't nearly as brutal now that we know how to run them, although there are still a few exceptions. Still, most players prefer to wait until they are 80 to run explorable modes. Still, there's guides for everything now.

http://gw2dungeons.net/

http://metabattle.com/wiki/MetaBattle_Wiki

As for leveling in the open world, you don't have to join with others but good luck trying to avoid people since there are players everywhere. Some players looking for a speed leveling large group experience go to Edge of the Mists - it's a new WvW map that's been deemed WvW-lite, it's great for speed leveling with a large group of players.

You won't feel behind, they've only added 1 tier of gear since the game launched. At level 20 you won't be behind other level 20s, that's a non-issue, there's no heirloom gear or anything like that.
    Valar morghulis

Getting back in should be fine, do you plan on starting a new character or playing your old one? The leveling will be a little different if you start a new character than if you continue with an old one.

You aren't really going to be behind on anything except for the story. That is the good thing about gw2 is that you never get really far behind like in other games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cool thanks guys! See you in game!

I'm just now coming back into GW2 to give me a short break from WoW.

I prefer PvP, is there any one class that just destroys others or is it fairly balanced?

I wouldn't play GW2 if the only thing you're into is PvP, I've mentioned some of my concerns here.

I'm not a "pro" (then again nobody is in GW2) but I'm usually at the top of the ladder.

If you're looking to win nearly every 1v1 there's many classes that can do it in theory, in practice it depends on what you're facing.
    S/D (professions get identified by the weaponset so in this case it's sword/dagger) thief beats nearly everything however they are countered by burst classes such as D/P (dagger/pistol)thief which in turn gets destroyed by conditions etc...

Some of the stronger 1v1 builds are thief, s/f ele, d/d ele, condition mesmer, turret engi, condi engi.

It's important to note that 1v1s are quit insignificant though. Winning every 1v1 isn't important if you're winning them in the middle of nowhere while the enemy team has a double cap. Additionally you winning every 1v1 doesn't mean anything if the other team has someone who's doing the same thing.
    All in all individual skill is really low on the list of "things that are important in PvP" map awareness is nr1 and everything else comes from that, rotating, stealing, backing off etc.
    (You can argue that map awareness is a skill, but when people talk about "skill" they usually mean execution and not an actual skill).
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).