Page 27 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Help my Heals please <3

Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ddess/advanced

Alternate Specs/Glyphs: I usually keep the same for most fights, I have recently gone from being a SS gal to a EF gal with a huge learning curve =_=

Worldoflogs Link: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/QqCbjXm2zJGxY6pM

Questions, concerns, expectations: After the logs posted, I JUST got my 2 piece (finally). So for the logs, keep in mind I didn't have that yet. I find it hard to keep my hps up healing with a disc priest. We have a disc priest, a resto druid, and a resto shammy, and then me. I guess my concerns would be am I using EF optimally and how is my HL to FoL ratio? I've recently switched to EF and I'm finding it really hard to quickly get the Holy Power to cast a 3 point EF. I've always been trying my best to only spam HL, but I still find that I'm tempted to cast FoL at times. What are you thoughts on using a procced HR to gain a Holy Power? I've seen a lot of back and forth of NEVER using it, and I find that it really helps to get that HP.

Description of Playstyle:I beacon both tanks and usually focus on them, with spot healing the raid. I was always a SS fan, but do to some research, I've seen EF perform better so I have been using that.

We are currently pulling heroics and also working on Archimonde =D

Any and all help would be great! My main concern is how to get optimal heals with a disc priest... tho our resto druid is my boyfriend, so it would be nice to out heal him as well! <3 Thank you guys!
    Last edited by MrsGrimm; 2015-08-29 at 09:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsGrimm View Post
    Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ddess/advanced

Alternate Specs/Glyphs: I usually keep the same for most fights, I have recently gone from being a SS gal to a EF gal with a huge learning curve =_=

Worldoflogs Link: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/QqCbjXm2zJGxY6pM

Questions, concerns, expectations: After the logs posted, I JUST got my 2 piece (finally). So for the logs, keep in mind I didn't have that yet. I find it hard to keep my hps up healing with a disc priest. We have a disc priest, a resto druid, and a resto shammy, and then me. I guess my concerns would be am I using EF optimally and how is my HL to FoL ratio? I've recently switched to EF and I'm finding it really hard to quickly get the Holy Power to cast a 3 point EF. I've always been trying my best to only spam HL, but I still find that I'm tempted to cast FoL at times. What are you thoughts on using a procced HR to gain a Holy Power? I've seen a lot of back and forth of NEVER using it, and I find that it really helps to get that HP.

Description of Playstyle:I beacon both tanks and usually focus on them, with spot healing the raid. I was always a SS fan, but do to some research, I've seen EF perform better so I have been using that.

We are currently pulling heroics and also working on Archimonde =D

Any and all help would be great! My main concern is how to get optimal heals with a disc priest... tho our resto druid is my boyfriend, so it would be nice to out heal him as well! <3 Thank you guys!
    Don't hold back your holy prism cd, try to time it with incoming damage, but don't wait 1.5 minutes before your first holy prism cast. Surely there are healing targets available in between. Also you cast it twice on yourself, make sure you're casting on not allies.

You're missing on holy shock casts. Basically use holy shock on cool down. Try to maintain a rotation of HS-FoL-HL or EF or Prism-HS.

You have mark of the shadowmoon for your enchant, you seem to not have much trouble in terms of mana. Should consider swapping this out for mark o the thunderlord.

You want to eternal flame both tanks. And keep the eternal flames up on them. It's fine to cast FoL (so long as your mana allows), but the HS cooldown allows you to cast a FoL-HL in between. So no reason to cast 2 FoL, unless someone desperately needs a slightly faster heal. During periods of low damage, you can go HS-HL-HL-HS to conserve your mana a bit.

I'm good with using HR on gorefiend. If your mana allows it, use it. There's a lot of dislike of LoD. I'm okay with it during gorefiends p2. The damage will eat up the shield... going by tooltip I think I'm getting the same amount of healing as EF except faster, which I'd prefer when trying to go for big numbers.

Also, your leech trinket is probably doing a lot of heals, you just don't see it in the logs under you (I'm pretty sure, could be wrong here).
    You are everything, I never knew, I always wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by tclphz View Post
    Don't hold back your holy prism cd, try to time it with incoming damage, but don't wait 1.5 minutes before your first holy prism cast. Surely there are healing targets available in between. Also you cast it twice on yourself, make sure you're casting on not allies.

You're missing on holy shock casts. Basically use holy shock on cool down. Try to maintain a rotation of HS-FoL-HL or EF or Prism-HS.

You have mark of the shadowmoon for your enchant, you seem to not have much trouble in terms of mana. Should consider swapping this out for mark o the thunderlord.

You want to eternal flame both tanks. And keep the eternal flames up on them. It's fine to cast FoL (so long as your mana allows), but the HS cooldown allows you to cast a FoL-HL in between. So no reason to cast 2 FoL, unless someone desperately needs a slightly faster heal. During periods of low damage, you can go HS-HL-HL-HS to conserve your mana a bit.

I'm good with using HR on gorefiend. If your mana allows it, use it. There's a lot of dislike of LoD. I'm okay with it during gorefiends p2. The damage will eat up the shield... going by tooltip I think I'm getting the same amount of healing as EF except faster, which I'd prefer when trying to go for big numbers.

Also, your leech trinket is probably doing a lot of heals, you just don't see it in the logs under you (I'm pretty sure, could be wrong here).
    Great advice! Thank you so much. I've noticed that my usage of HS is a bit low... I definitely need to make a weak aura or something for it to make it bigger on my screen and more in my face so I can keep it up. I agree on the use of LoD and HR for Gorefiend for the Feast phase, I guess I won't take it off my bars just yet! Thank you again!

Hello, I am hoping a little guidance so I can be a little more efficient on Arch kill, I know it is only normal but I really think I can do better, ( I know I can with help)

here are the logs
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...3&type=healing

I think one of my problems is keeping EF on the tanks. I am trying to configure my UI so I can monitor better. Thank you in advance

Deleted
    Hi there i am a novice healer (totally noob) i just got the archimonde trinket and my 4-set but i seem to be very low on HPS i am thinking on going back on my DPS DK (everything was so simple :P)

here are the logs from archimonde fight (didnt have trinket or 4set):
    www warcraftlogs com/reports/Xh9zZk6qyMtAFJcm

armory:
    eu battle net/wow/en/character/twisting-nether/Paolad%C3%AEn/simple

plz help i am hopeless

Quote Originally Posted by petgrill View Post
    Hi there i am a novice healer (totally noob) i just got the archimonde trinket and my 4-set but i seem to be very low on HPS i am thinking on going back on my DPS DK (everything was so simple :P)

here are the logs from archimonde fight (didnt have trinket or 4set):
    www warcraftlogs com/reports/Xh9zZk6qyMtAFJcm

armory:

plz help i am hopeless
    Just a pet peeve, can people who post logs please enable advanced combat logging? The more information that is on the log, the better people can help you out.

General stuff...

Somehow you don't cast enough, 31.5 per minute is very low for EF.

Don't beacon yourself, beacon the two tanks. Generally for beacon, beacon the people that you know will take damage.

Keep eternal flame on the tanks.

I assume you have enough mana to cast holy radiance, but if you're going to cast it, make sure you cast it at melee as generally they're stack up tightly. Don't cast light of dawn, it's inferior with EF.

I don't know how you're rotating your spells but it should be HS->FoL->HL->HS and put int prism and eternal flames where needed.

Your Holy Shock counts a bit low, that's probably part of your not casting that much. The easiest way to get more healing is to cast more.

Deleted
    Just a pet peeve, can people who post logs please enable advanced combat logging? The more information that is on the log, the better people can help you out.

General stuff...

Somehow you don't cast enough, 31.5 per minute is very low for EF.

Don't beacon yourself, beacon the two tanks. Generally for beacon, beacon the people that you know will take damage.

Keep eternal flame on the tanks.

I assume you have enough mana to cast holy radiance, but if you're going to cast it, make sure you cast it at melee as generally they're stack up tightly. Don't cast light of dawn, it's inferior with EF.

I don't know how you're rotating your spells but it should be HS->FoL->HL->HS and put int prism and eternal flames where needed.

Your Holy Shock counts a bit low, that's probably part of your not casting that much. The easiest way to get more healing is to cast more.
    OK I enabled advanced combat logging and i will try your suggestions and post results

thank you very very much

OK I enabled advanced combat logging and i will try your suggestions and post results

thank you very very much
    Also, forgot this on prior post, you might want to consider thunderlord enchant instead of shadowmoon if your mana is fine.

Hoping someone can shed some light (haha) on the performance of our new holy pally.

He isn't a holy pally by trade and his numbers seem low, which is causing issues from time to time. I'm hoping that someone can offer some pointers as to what he is doing wrong so we can help him fix it.

Here are a couple of logs (pally is Garfadin):

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/mH28WTg4L1GyXp73/
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Wyk9TM6R8w4rBdFz/

Deleted
    Also, forgot this on prior post, you might want to consider thunderlord enchant instead of shadowmoon if your mana is fine.
    i think i am getting better advanced combat logging doesn't work though

www warcraftlogs com/reports/vgXYVAzZjnPMKR1T/#fight=22

i have alot work in front of me

i am still having mana probs though...

i think i am getting better advanced combat logging doesn't work though

www warcraftlogs com/reports/vgXYVAzZjnPMKR1T/#fight=22

i have alot work in front of me

i am still having mana probs though...
    Looks like the advanced logging did work. In terms of performance overall, seems pretty good, big improvement, good job.

Mana problems. Let's start with gearing, you have a back without spirit, having one with could help. You have a chew toy, if you can get your hands on a demonic phylactery that could help. What surprises me is, you also have mark of the shadowmoon, hence I'm a bit surprised on your mana issues. The couple suggestions I have...
    1) don't cast holy radiance, it's expensive
    2) if you can't rotate HS->FoL->HL->HS due to mana, replace FoL with HL. During periods of low damage, I just go HL->HL on tanks.
    3) I'm just looking at your first page of casts for an idea. You cast FoL an awful lot. Especially from 3.08 to 3.43. This is where and why you burned out of mana. Keep true to the rotation. The reason you go FoL->HL is because it fits in between your HS cooldown. Hence if you cast a FoL a second time, you have to wait an entire gcd in order for your HS to be back up. Hence casting FoL-HL. I noticed sometimes you go HL->FoL. If you do not have an IoL proc, nothing happens, but if you do, you get a faster HL, FoL, wait one gcd for HS to cd. IoL does much better with FoL as it'll give you higher healing.

Now it's important to note that I advocated for HL-HL above, the downside of this is it clips your HS. I don't mind this too much when there isn't much damage and you're working on building up mastery shields over healing damage.

4) Holy Power management. HoPo, not great, but shouldn't be wasted. Part of the reason it shouldn't is it's a gcd you're using up on a free spell.

Raw Gain Wasted Gain

Holy Shock 66 18 48

(sorry for bad table). You wasted 18 holy powers. That's 6 casts, suppose you'd replace 6 FoL with EF, that's 36k mana you'd have saved.
    Get a weakaura or use TMW to help you manage your HoPo.

Last, you have an opportunity to cast holy prism a few more times. Try to avoid holding onto the casts for long periods of time. If you know damage is coming, hold and wait.

hey guys

I've posted on pally threads before on here but can't remember my login info so this is my new account. my guild is progressing on mythic council and while in general throughout heroic hfc I've been top or 2nd top most of the time, I really feel like I'm lagging on this fight for whatever reason. I'm on there from pull 1-6 because I had to leave early

www warcraftlogs com/reports/vRJw4M7Ktn6DW9PY#type=healing&fight=5

and in these logs I'm there for all pulls

www warcraftlogs com/reports/LRc4h1vKjDgJNAZC

armory

us.battle net/wow/en/character/Korgath/Randwynn/advanced

Horde

Hello!

I've recently switched specs from Ret to Holy. Ret was fine for soling, but I find melee DPS to be relatively boring in raid encounters, and as I progress I wanted a little more utility/usefulness to raid groups.

I'm a newer healer so I'm obviously making large mistakes here and there. After the 3rd straight group kicked me at Council for 'not enuff HPS, sorry' I started looking around and wanting to get a little better, turned on logs, etc.

I am unable to post links because this is my 1st post, so here are the URLs for my logs and armory:

us[dot]battle[dot]net/wow/en/character/mugthol/Midsand/advanced

www[dot]warcraftlogs[dot]com/rankings/character/7926392/latest

I appreciate any and all constructive feedback, and plead forgiveness on formatting errors as this is my 1st post here.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by midsandhighs; 2015-09-10 at 05:12 PM. Reason: typos n shit

Less AoE Spell use, like none, go for Crit Gear and Enchants, Spam HS on CD and Use Flash more, was going to post compare log here, but I am same as you in rank. My Btag is SaionVHR#1266. Reach out will gladly help you.

I appreciate the reply; I suspected HS needed to be used more, and I've removed the AoEs from my rotation even situationally.

I'm downloading WeakAuras to help with the Shock/Prism cooldowns, and Hermes to help a little more with what raidwide effects/shields I need to be using

midsandhighs - I'll throw in my 2cents-worth comments I apologise if any of them are incorrect

- Your "legendary" ring have no crit enchant, guess you forgot about it
    - Iron Reaver log:
    1. AW Usage - Maybe can reconsider the timing of your AW, If you use AW at start immediately, you should be able to it up for most of 2nd & 3rd pounding (if not all).
    2. AW window - Typical casting rotation in AW is HS - X - HS, where X = Prism, EF, FoL or HL etc, try to stick to this rotation.
    3. Holy Prism - You should be able to use 2 Holy Prism in each AW, try to make it happen (e.g. use Prism at the start of AW and again after it cooled, you have about 10seconds buffer inbetween)
    4. Holy Power - You are sitting on 5 HoPowers for too long! Try to keep it up on both tanks and anyone else who is going to take constant damage over a period. You wasted 19 HoPowers = 6 EF in total as well, try to use it the moment you reach 3 HoPowers unless you know that a mechanics is coming soon and you can use it before you waste a charge after 5 HoPowers

Boss Mechanics
    - Barrage - You took 4 barrage hit, should aim for 0 barrage hit, try to stay near melee area so that you have lesser distance to run out of barrage's way.
    - Artillery - It's Fire dmg so HoP won't save you from it, just use DS in future if it's to avoid dmg on yourself (applies to all encounter?)

Others
    - No Devo aura are used, maybe you aren't been assigned but you should try to maintain a habit of using cooldown for mechanics (In this case, Pounding)
    - No BoSac are used too, you specced Clemency so same comment as above, keep a habit of using them!
    - No DP used too, same comment as above.

I'm happy to share my weakaura if you like!

- Your "legendary" ring have no crit enchant, guess you forgot about it
    I did! I have been corrected multiple times, thanks!

The AW rotation is great advice.

4. Holy Power - You are sitting on 5 HoPowers for too long! Try to keep it up on both tanks and anyone else who is going to take constant damage over a period. You wasted 19 HoPowers = 6 EF in total as well, try to use it the moment you reach 3 HoPowers unless you know that a mechanics is coming soon and you can use it before you waste a charge after 5 HoPowers
    I get caught up in not wanting to 'waste' a 30 sec EF on someone other than a tank; I've tried to be better about this in recent encounter and I've noticed an increase in my HPS for sure.

As for the Cooldowns, they are there but I am still learning encounters and figuring out exactly where to use what.

I created my own WeakAuras, I really appreciate the help!

Deleted
    dont be afraight of using eternal flame, the hot is minor, use it like a normal heal.
    If the first hit of it will do high overheal on the tanks, just heal any raidmember.

Hey guys, I am posting on behalf of my fellow raider Kanarr. He raided with us for the first time last night. He is a dear friend of mine, so I really want to try to help him. This way he can continue to raid with us, and doesn't get benched. Any help/tips are greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...anarr/advanced

Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/KFbNhmfB47Jx1GXD/

Quote Originally Posted by Destructocon View Post
    Hey guys, I am posting on behalf of my fellow raider Kanarr. He raided with us for the first time last night. He is a dear friend of mine, so I really want to try to help him. This way he can continue to raid with us, and doesn't get benched. Any help/tips are greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...anarr/advanced

Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/KFbNhmfB47Jx1GXD/
    holy crap those are some shockingly bad logs. Someone better than me can get help but that dude is literally actively hampering your raids right now. dude died on like every fight and he's a pally