Missions, let us assist those good-for-nothing-fail-lowlife-followers!

Basically what the title says - I'd like to be able to fill one of the slots on tougher missions to assist my worthless followers and increase (or decrease in case I'm the worthless one) the chances of success. Most of all making the missions actual content. They'd play out as scenarios, pitting you and your followers against trash mobs and the bosses mentioned in the oh-so-brief mission descriptions. Would be a good way to use the scenario tech too.

That would cost way too many raid tiers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I'd be fine with that.

Didn't see that one coming...

+1

This /10char

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably won't happen with garrisons but it would be a natural next-step if they do something like garrisons next expansion. I would enjoy this as well on selected missions of less than an hour's duration. It's a good idea to use the framework for solo scenarios (+NPC's) as a starting place for development.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2014-12-14 at 09:06 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted
    I like the idea but development time for that must be absurd.

That sounds incredibly cool, but my character would fill in for so many counters. Dangerous minions, powerful spell, Timed battle, Magic debuff, ground aoe. On the other hand, that would be fair, considering that you spend your own time doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tirilka View Post
    That sounds incredibly cool, but my character would fill in for so many counters. Dangerous minions, powerful spell, Timed battle, Magic debuff, ground aoe. On the other hand, that would be fair, considering that you spend your own time doing this.
    Aye, and we're also supposed to be the all-mighty Commanders. No more than right that we can step in and show the rabble how stuff should be done...

Instead of sending followers on missions I'd really like to go for a mission myself with another two followers to fill tank/healer/dps (whatever is mission in a 3-man grp) role.

It would be a 3 charge daily on top of regular missions offered in an inn, instead of current inn dailies. Much less drama with tanks pulling instance and leaving after getting quest item (I know, it was "fixed" with recent hotfix), less queues for DPS to get into instance. Ofc difficulty would be lowered and no instance loot awards. Inn missions would award gold only and some follower related items/xp.

Quote Originally Posted by trozhaiha View Post
    I would enjoy this as well on selected missions of less than an hour's duration.
    I imagine the scenario should take 15-30 minutes tops regardless of the mission's normal duration. Could be handled with an internal cooldown so you wouldn't be able to get more long duration missions completed than usual due to repeated assist missions.

Here's my 2c:

Should be like a pet battle like scenario with special ability buttons for your and your folowers:

You + follower(s) vs Enemy(ies)

Followers have their standard randomized and abilities based on their quality plus the usual melee/spell auto attack which can be used on each turn.

in addition, each follower gives you random 1 bonus trait specific to you. For example , you have an Epic Blook. He ha 3 traits, Combat experience, brew afficionado, and furyslayer. He gives a bonus of ogreslayer if you assist him in a mission (this was randomly generated but is fixed and cannot be rerolled unless you use some item that allows you to change that)

You get 1 ability based on your class before going into the battle. This is randomized and may or may not be a counter. Plus, you also get the standard autoattack filler move so you need to watch your ability cooldowns.

The battle starts as a standard combat encounter in a single room/location, and you have to cycle between each follower and yourself by clicking abilities when available. Should last at most 5-10 minutes (standard pet battle time) Each threat is a casted ability and you have to counter it by pressing your ability button or your follower ability button depending upon who is targeted or active in the combat cycle. The cast would be a short cast, so reflexes should be key over here.

If you win, you get your loots.

BONUS IDEA: If the follower has a profession (eg herbalism), you have a chance to win a small amount of profession mats. (eg 2-3 herbs).
    (related: there should be followers in secondary proffesion bonuses : archeology, fishing, cooking)

BONUS IDEA 2: In some mission, you get to use your... wait for it... BATTLE PETS!
    (related: battle pets get a usable ability that could counter the mob type, or just give a bonus trait for the encounter; would need some integration with how that system works and overall pet abilities / Also some followers could have a bonus that could be used with battle pets (eg Pet lover: increase success chance with battle pet companions in a mission), but the battle pet slot would have to be in place of another follower)
    Last edited by ttak82; 2014-12-15 at 10:34 AM.

I wonder how difficulty would be tuned though. Would seem odd that a '10% success rate mission is always 100% with a player', that or you walk in and get hit for 900k by the first tick of AoE that happens.

The idea does sound pretty cool though :P