Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Me thinks the OP is confused between actual AddOns and third-party executables (like auto-interrupt bots).

Easily one of the dumbest posts of all time, how can you complain about people using addons when you have free access to all of the EXACT SAME stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by beastdboy1 View Post
    All you selfish, cheating, horrible eSport represents that use addons are actually very pathetic. Addons need to be removed when you enter a bg, arena, or even rbg. This is an RP game, but in order to make the eSport better, and allow players to actually compete at an equal level, then they need to remove addons in PvP area's. Blizzard tries to balance pvp day by day. They do a horrible job at it in all honesty. If they removed addons from certain areas in this game, then it would be a whole of a lot more balanced to play and compete in. People use the most pathetic addons to win. Some people use addons to keep track of EVERY spell! Some use addons just to keep track of trinkets. Like really? How is a player going to compete with a huge addon use, when he probably doesn't even know what half the addons are?

For the competitive scene, I think WoW is a horrible eSport in general, and people that are trying to compete in it are wasting their time. People take the ladders for everything because there is rarely any tournaments played in WoW anymore. At Blizzcon they do not allow you to use addons, but all you are doing is using the best ones just to win the games in the ladders, then everyone thinks you are the best pro ever. There is no "Pro" in WoW anymore.

Addons are horrible in the competitive scene , and I think anyone that uses them are people that cannot compete in the game properly. You have Gladiatorlosa, an addon that your team cannot tell you what is going on so you have to have a voice to tell you lol? Trinket trackers, you cannot tell 2 minutes in your head so you have to look at an addon in the game lol? Ability cds, you cannot tell what a clock is, so you have to have numbers tell you?

Addons ruin the eSport, removing them in PvP areas would be a great step to balancing PvP in general. I feel players that over use addons should be banned, I think it is straight up cheating.

I understand that you all use addons to keep up with the game in general since everyone uses them, but if you are going to overuse then you are considered pathetic, and please go against addon users.
    I would have to argue. If someone is running addons to track, buffs, debuffs, trinkets, cooldowns, focus, spell used, diminishing returns, on top of your buffs, your health, team mates health and cc...shit they deserve to win if they can keep track of everything.

In fact, in pvp, you shouldnt have an interface, or any sound or even have the monitor switched on.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

10+ Year Old Account
    What Addons is the OP talking about? The only ones i can think of are vocal addons like the one that goes "Trinketed" Or other offensive callouts like gladious. I can see that being annoying but if blizzard made there UI more reasonable then these addons wouldn't matter. You can cleary see when someone pops a major cooldown visually so why strain the eyes and just listen. I like addons i'm not sure how others might feel but i think there helpful reading buffs off characters is way to much in a PVP setting. I have 2k experience only been playing for about 2 years now and don't really see a problem with them? Could the OP elaborate please