Thread: Ko'Ragh help

Ko'Ragh help

Okay i'm new to him, so i'm probably just doing something incorrect by default, but i'm having serious trouble doing anything on this fight. specifically in regards to the opening, i usually do tp, rsk, chibrew, bok, chibrew, bok, teb, serenity, spam spam, fof, normal stuff again. But the boss does the field all the time so i'm unsure what to do, do i wait to do fof after he does a field? do i follow him when he does it? do i follow him mid but stay out of the very center? I found i was barely ever even hitting the boss cause he was all over the place i felt like, where as i normally do like 22k at the end of a fight, i was doing like 12k at the start of this one, just wasn't able to do anything

Your meter doesn't work properly on this fight because of the absorb shield. Your DPS is actually fine and is not half as low as you think it is. Notice that the rest of your non-caster DPS is just as low.

He does leap around a bit and there's some dodging involved. However he's within melee range when he's in the mid so you shouldn't have any problems DPSing him then, just don't slip over the edge and get the buff or peeps will be maaaaad!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Vashal View Post
    Okay i'm new to him, so i'm probably just doing something incorrect by default, but i'm having serious trouble doing anything on this fight. specifically in regards to the opening, i usually do tp, rsk, chibrew, bok, chibrew, bok, teb, serenity, spam spam, fof, normal stuff again. But the boss does the field all the time so i'm unsure what to do, do i wait to do fof after he does a field? do i follow him when he does it? do i follow him mid but stay out of the very center? I found i was barely ever even hitting the boss cause he was all over the place i felt like, where as i normally do like 22k at the end of a fight, i was doing like 12k at the start of this one, just wasn't able to do anything
    You have to wait for the Suppression field cast to FoF. You can roll or Tiger's Lust to keep up to him and FoF as he's running back to the tank. Also, stay on him the whole time if he doesn't run through bad stuff, you shouldn't wait for him to come back as you need as much uptime as possible. With 2 rolls, a sprint, FSK and Transcendence you should have very high uptime, the only major annoyance being you have to hold onto FoF so he doesn't run out of range during it. If his shield is not about to run out you can be in the middle while running after him, it's just when the shield is low you need to run around/use Transcendence.

We also don't switch to adds as melee, just stay on the boss and hope your trinkets proc while he's in the phase intermission so you can actually get some uninterrupted damage. Careful not to FoF him as adds spawn to avoid getting aggro on them before the tank does.

Also you should FoF->Jab->Serenity in your opener. FoF'ing after or during Serenity is not good.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixxis View Post
    You have to wait for the Suppression field cast to FoF. You can roll or Tiger's Lust to keep up to him and FoF as he's running back to the tank. Also, stay on him the whole time if he doesn't run through bad stuff, you shouldn't wait for him to come back as you need as much uptime as possible. With 2 rolls, a sprint, FSK and Transcendence you should have very high uptime, the only major annoyance being you have to hold onto FoF so he doesn't run out of range during it. If his shield is not about to run out you can be in the middle while running after him, it's just when the shield is low you need to run around/use Transcendence.

We also don't switch to adds as melee, just stay on the boss and hope your trinkets proc while he's in the phase intermission so you can actually get some uninterrupted damage. Careful not to FoF him as adds spawn to avoid getting aggro on them before the tank does.

Also you should FoF->Jab->Serenity in your opener. FoF'ing after or during Serenity is not good.
    If possible, use Glyph of the Floating Butterfly so you can follow him if he moves while you FoF, to have Fists on cooldown as often as possible. All your damage is loaded into Fists, so you want to use it on CD every CD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Brolibear!
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    Ladies know and love his caaaaaause! It is the Panda with the Chainsaw claaaaaws!

Quote Originally Posted by Volibear View Post
    If possible, use Glyph of the Floating Butterfly so you can follow him if he moves while you FoF, to have Fists on cooldown as often as possible. All your damage is loaded into Fists, so you want to use it on CD every CD.
    I assumed anyone would be running that Glyph since it's basically mandatory. However, if he charges away from you while FoF'ing he moves too quickly to get all your hits in, so it's better to wait a second and FoF him when his charge is done. You could run ahead of him while FoF'ing but getting parried is the same as not being in range so I typically just roll into his charge line and then hit FoF to avoid missing any hits.

7+ Year Old Account
    Charging is a different story, but if he's just being moved somewhere, it shouldn't be an issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Brolibear!
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    Ladies know and love his caaaaaause! It is the Panda with the Chainsaw claaaaaws!