Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Salvage yard level 3 still not giving me follower upgrade items

I read the blue posts about the "fix" to salvage yards, and that blizz is sure that a lvl 3 does not reward less follower items than a level 2 one.

However, i am never getting any follower items from my lvl 3 salvage yard. When it was still level 2 i got plenty of items. From the level 3 yard I always get items between ilvl 10 - 610 but follower upgrade items are extremely rare or nonexistent. There has to be some problem with it still, there is no way im that unlucky.

Does anyone else experience the same thing?

15+ Year Old Account
    Getting ZERO follower upgrades for several days in a row? Yeah, bug on you.

Getting a small number? RNG. Onyxia deep breaths more, etc.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Blizzard be lying. The problem is the "loot table" on lvl 3 is a lot larger and chances for receiving follower upgrades logically go down. However lvl 3 increases the chances you get crates from missions to begin with but I've still noticed a significant drop on follower upgrades. On lvl 2 i was swimming in them. Now it's a pain to gear up just one follower.

Blizzard isn't lying- check the wow head drop data. The percents, for the sample size, are almost exactly equal between a T2 and T3 crate for follower items.

How many large crates have you opened? Unless it's in the 100+ range, you not getting any isn't statistically significant data.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm? No problem from my end, bad RNG maybe?

On average, I get 2+ ilvl boost items from 6-8 boxes (That is one mission table clearing).
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Blizzard be lying. The problem is the "loot table" on lvl 3 is a lot larger and chances for receiving follower upgrades logically go down. However lvl 3 increases the chances you get crates from missions to begin with but I've still noticed a significant drop on follower upgrades. On lvl 2 i was swimming in them. Now it's a pain to gear up just one follower.
    Blizzard has said countless times that a level 3 crate contains all the drops from a level 2 crate with additional chances at the level 3 only drops.

There's no disadvantage to a tier 3 crate.

Deleted
    inc scrubs who'll tell you salvage 3 is fine cause they got something decent that one time(i think).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fluttershypony View Post
    inc scrubs who'll tell you salvage 3 is fine cause they got something decent that one time(i think).
    Nah all I got was Teebu's Blazing Longsword what a joke .

I must be lucky then because I am swimming in follower upgrades. Mind you most of them are +3 but I have found a few 630 and 645.

Quote Originally Posted by JemiS View Post
    How many large crates have you opened? Unless it's in the 100+ range, you not getting any isn't statistically significant data.
    While that may be true, it's far enough from the median to assume something may be going awry. The same as rolling a dice 50 times and never getting a one gives you very good reason to think the one-side is too light.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

100% crate drop rate from level 100 missions. Lower rate from 95-100 (90-94 drops the sacks instead).

10% drop rate on +3 weapons and 10% drop rate on +3 armour. +6s and 615 pieces are about 2%. +9s are 1-1.5%. 630 and above pieces are 0.5% ish.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=114120/big-crate-of-salvage

RNGesus saves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    While that may be true, it's far enough from the median to assume something may be going awry. The same as rolling a dice 50 times and never getting a one gives you very good reason to think the one-side is too light.
    When I was trying to farm the polar bear mount I got the same daily quests at the hub 10 days in a row. Submitted a ticket, got a boilerplate response, could swear I could hear the laughter behind it. Few days later I got a different quest.

Accept RNGesus into your heart.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah all I got was Teebu's Blazing Longsword what a joke .
    Was that sarcasm, humble brag, or did you not read the comments on that item?
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    Was that sarcasm, humble brag, or did you not read the comments on that item?
    Preeeeeetty sure he's trolling there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been getting them, its straight RNG on your luck, can't say much else atm.

What's really irritating the hell out of me are the countless trash BoE's from level 10 up, i mean come on, you are going to tell me you found an AZEROTHIAN TRAINING SWORD while killing Botani?
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    The odds of not rolling a 1, 50 times in a row, on a six-sided die is 0.010988481%. If 1,000,000 people were playing this game, how many of them would be on dice-champion.com claiming the game was rigged? Bonus points for answering in the form of an Internet meme.

RNG is RNG. Personal anecdotes don't change that. The odds of winning the lottery are awful, and yet people still win. The only way you're going to see trends is with large sets of verifiable, quantifiable data.

I'll trust the devs and the wowhead data that shows things are pretty much the same regardless of crate until there is strong mathematical evidence to convince me otherwise, or the devs go "oh whoops, hey guys, we found a bug that makes things not work the way we said it works."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Preeeeeetty sure he's trolling there.
    Well. I did genuinely get the sword. The problem is that other people are getting it as well and the price has depreciated quite heavily.

Nope, I always get one out of every three boxes maximum. They aren't always amazing, but getting none is not possible for me.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Deleted
    I get plenty of follower items from the boxes, just no 665 player items yet (on 3 chars with level 3 salvage yard)

Deleted
    RNG = Raging Nerd Generator
    Theoretically it could be 10 years before you see a follower upgrade. Your probably just have a bad streak. I'm not exactly swimming in follower items, but they do happen.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you want follower upgrades get the Bunker/War mill