Guardian Druid Opening Rotation

Hey guys wanted to check guardian druids opening rotation.

1)
    No bloodlust.
    Faerie Fire > Mangle > Trash > Lacerate?

2)
    With bloodlust.
    Faerie Fire > Berserk > Mangle till Berserk over?

Use SD and Tooth n Claw when possible?

Just wanted to check if these rotations are correct.

Thanks

Deleted
    Prepot Rage Potion (if undergeared or to be ready immediately for SD) or Armor Potion
    FFire
    Thrash (the range of the ability not strictly melee)
    MAngle
    Lacex3
    Pulverize
    Berserk

With or Without BL.

Doesnt BL effect our mangle cd? Using berserk during BL could be a bit of a waste (very minor) Incarnation is more usefull due the extra TnC procs during BL and no CD on Maul.

There is no real reason to change the standard rotation during berserk. If you prepot Armor potion the extra dps with berserk and BL is nice but if you prepot Rage it doesnt really matter.

Deleted
    Don't use berserk for DPS anymore, should be considered a defensive cd used to get rage for extra AM whenever needed.
    Last edited by mmocb2358cdeee; 2014-12-15 at 01:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Evory View Post
    Don't use berserk for DPS anymore, should be considered a defensive cd used to get rage for extra AM whenever needed.
    It can be used as both, as tank damage is (still) important. At the very least, I think we can all agree to use Berserk when it'll be most useful... this can be either for maximizing damage or ensuring enough rage for survival.

I've been opening with roughly Mangle->Lacerate->Thrash, prioritizing getting Lacerate to a 3-stack just behind Mangle procs after that. Even while spec'd Pulverize, I don't always use it immediately depending upon the encounter. Keeping it up 100% of the time can actually be overkill or cause major bleed downtime depending upon the fight mechanics (start of encounters is usually pretty light on incoming damage). Then there are fights that wreck your face all the time... then yes, Pulverize is up all the time.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by Evory View Post
    I don't think its a good idea to have an absolute rule like "Don't use berserk for DPS". There are so many uses for it actually. Extra DPS boost, cleaving the shit out of adds, pooling rage for defense, or even pooling rage if your healer died so you can spam regen. It actually has tons of usage for different scenarios and part of the skill of using it is seeing what CDs you have available and deciding if you can afford to burn it on keeping up your AM, use it for heals, use it as a cleave etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I don't think its a good idea to have an absolute rule like "Don't use berserk for DPS". There are so many uses for it actually. Extra DPS boost, cleaving the shit out of adds, pooling rage for defense, or even pooling rage if your healer died so you can spam regen. It actually has tons of usage for different scenarios and part of the skill of using it is seeing what CDs you have available and deciding if you can afford to burn it on keeping up your AM, use it for heals, use it as a cleave etc.
    Yes certainly it has many uses, the reply was more geared towards the assumption that it should be only used to maximize DPS. I'm thinking of it more as a defensive CD now more so than before, but of course there are situations where i use it without being in immediate danger of dying, i just don't pop it ONLY as a DPS CD any longer, and certainly rarely at the same time as BL.