Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sundrah View Post
    As I said... Even with that gear I wouldn't be able to do that much.
    Blatty is not doing 40k, nobody in that raid is. He finished at 29k.

Quote Originally Posted by Invrlose View Post
    Didn't say he was bad. I said he wasn't necessarily good.
    Man it's too early for shit like this!

Does he consistently do this? This is after like 100 pulls on a boss :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Invrlose View Post
    Didn't say he was bad. I said he wasn't necessarily good.
    He's one of the 2-3 best caster DPS players in all of WoW (mage or warlock).

Quote Originally Posted by vadya View Post
    And you are one of the best fanbois in all of wow!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandacally View Post
    And you are one of the best fanbois in all of wow!
    Not much a fanboi of anything wow related, lol - just pointing if that there's something "odd" he's doing in his rotation, it's probably worth looking into.

Quote Originally Posted by vadya View Post
    This kind of statement is so bogus.

There are plenty of better players than the ones in Method/Paragon/Blood Legion/etc., it's just that not everyone can make that hardcore playtime commitment that is required.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post

There are plenty of better players than the ones in Method/Paragon/Blood Legion/etc., it's just that not everyone can make that hardcore playtime commitment that is required.
    This.
    Our warlock consistently ranks #1 on world of logs but hes been busy IRL and cant raid with us anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by provaporous View Post
    This.
    Our warlock consistently ranks #1 on world of logs but hes been busy IRL and cant raid with us anymore.
    Real life sucks T_T

Deleted
    Are you all blind or what, he's not chaining bolts (notice how the cast bar disapears for a GCD?), he's dumping 1 FoF IL at a time only he's not prioritizing dumping all of his Ice Lances on the crystal bc he probably wants to fish for 2 BF FFB, as said earlier, BFFFB imputs more damage than IL+Cleave by a whole 100% SP, and he utilizes both (as well as both INs) on the last 4 seconds of the crystal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vynka View Post
    Are you all blind or what, he's not chaining bolts (notice how the cast bar disapears for a GCD?), he's dumping 1 FoF IL at a time only he's not prioritizing dumping all of his Ice Lances on the crystal bc he probably wants to fish for 2 BF FFB, as said earlier, BFFFB imputs more damage than IL+Cleave by a whole 100% SP, and he utilizes both (as well as both INs) on the last 4 seconds of the crystal.
    Ice Lance loses 60% (+ 10% amplified) of its value once crystal is down. FFB will only lose the amount of amplified crystal damage which is just 10%. So why not dump the lances and then the bolts? It would result in a net gain.

Deleted
    This reminds me the video of Blood Legion world first Protector of the endless where the PoV dps attacked the wrong target for a whole minute. World first guys.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sundrah View Post
    Ice Lance loses 60% (+ 10% amplified) of its value once crystal is down. FFB will only lose the amount of amplified crystal damage which is just 10%. So why not dump the lances and then the bolts? It would result in a net gain.
    Quote Originally Posted by nickseng View Post
    Some basic math:

FoF Ice Lance damage = 40% of SP * 4 * 2 = 320% SP
    Splitting Ice adds another 50% of that, so 320 * 1.5 = 480 SP

Brain Freeze Frost Fire Bolt = 158.6% of SP * 1.85 * 2 = 586.82 SP

This is all taken from the tooltip, so unless they're not accurate, it does look like FFB > IL, even with 2 targets and glyphed.
    There you go.

Wait, so i should prio FFB procs on prismatic crystal in opener? FFB > IL > IN to dump procs?

Deleted
    40k butcher? They are more like 30-33k

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vynka View Post
    There you go.
    I actually countered that math with that post. Look at the post order...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slykz View Post
    Wait, so i should prio FFB procs on prismatic crystal in opener? FFB > IL > IN to dump procs?
    I believe IN even comes before IL, although don't quote me on that.

No, the real answer is much more complicated.
    At the end of PC you should FoF-IL>BF-FFB.
    At the beginning of PC you should just minimize proc munching (which might mean prioritizing IL over FFB).

FoF-IL > BF-FFB at the end (when only the first spell will hit PC) can be easily verified by checking total damage done.
    I'd also argue to prio this a little earlier to allow all stored icicles to cleave.

Either way the general question is very difficult to answer entirely as there are many sub cases. I also didn't check where IN fits into this (certainly higher than BF-FFB, but not sure about FoF-IL because of stored icicles), but again it depends where you are in the duration of PC, how much stored damage you have, and how many charges of IN you have.

Quote Originally Posted by maizensh View Post
    No, the real answer is much more complicated.
    At the end of PC you should FoF-IL>BF-FFB.
    At the beginning of PC you should just minimize proc munching (which might mean prioritizing IL over FFB).

FoF-IL > BF-FFB at the end (when only the first spell will hit PC) can be easily verified by checking total damage done.
    I'd also argue to prio this a little earlier to allow all stored icicles to cleave.

Either way the general question is very difficult to answer entirely as there are many sub cases. I also didn't check where IN fits into this (certainly higher than BF-FFB, but not sure about FoF-IL because of stored icicles), but again it depends where you are in the duration of PC, how much stored damage you have, and how many charges of IN you have.
    So spam IL to avoid overlapping procs, and when they stay to get fewer towards the end and i know i wont get too many procs, i'll prio FB over IL.

Deleted
    IL > IN > FFB > frostbolt.

But if you can weave in frostbolts/ffb's WITHOUT LOSING ICE LANCES, then that's good, since you'll get more icicles.

Quote Originally Posted by provaporous View Post
    This.
    No one ranks #1 consistently on anything relevant without having it handed to them or playing a spec no one plays. #1 is either RNG or maximum padding with some RNG to top it off too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post

That would imply that they are not able to practice that much either and since I doubt there are 'plenty' of players out there that could just waltz into these guilds and perform out of nowhere that makes this statement bogus.