15+ Year Old Account

Colbert Interviews Smaug

And apparently Smaug is a conservative!

Couldn't be a better guy to take Letterman's spot.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Fitting because Colbert is a massive LotR fan (nerd).

10+ Year Old Account
    His voice sounds really funny. I haven't seen any of the hobbit movies yet, does it always sound like that? (The dragon, not colbert)
    You're a towel.

Its weird, I always thought it was pronounced SMOW.
    Do they actually say it as Smog in the movies?
    Last edited by Hey There Guys its Metro; 2014-12-15 at 06:30 AM.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Its weird, I always thought it was pronounced SMOW.
    Do they actually say it as Smog in the movies?

Here is Bilbo and Smaug talking, you will hear how he says his name.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I have a question, probably a very stupid one. Is that thing some sort of animatronic dohicky, or is it all CG? I'm on sleeping meds atm and my brain is all fuzzyfied, things aren't making a lot of sense to me atm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    So I have a question, probably a very stupid one. Is that thing some sort of animatronic dohicky, or is it all CG? I'm on sleeping meds atm and my brain is all fuzzyfied, things aren't making a lot of sense to me atm.
    Probably all CGI.

I thought it was all CG but the sparks in the background made me question it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Algathor View Post
    I thought it was all CG but the sparks in the background made me question it.
    That was my thinking too. The main thing that makes me think CG is the one hand/claw he has out. And the fact that his head moves up and down and back and forth so much and so quickly, I don't think if it was mounted on something it could move that fast. But what do I know.
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

That was my thinking too. The main thing that makes me think CG is the one hand/claw he has out. And the fact that his head moves up and down and back and forth so much and so quickly, I don't think if it was mounted on something it could move that fast. But what do I know.
    Actually, it was prob just all CG. The sparks were meant to be like wires in the wall or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Algathor View Post
    Actually, it was prob just all CG. The sparks were meant to be like wires in the wall or something.
    Yerr, I got that, just wasn't sure how real or fake it was lol.

Yerr, I got that, just wasn't sure how real or fake it was lol.
    Oh, I thought the sparks were the mechanical parts giving them off for the entire interview and up until just now. >.>

love his voice

I'm not even on any meds and I'm having trouble figuring it out.

Pretty sure it's all CG though, that claw on his wing he has out kind of gives it away. It only shows in some shots.

Why the debate over whether it's GGI? It's obvious comon.

...can we just give Smaug his own talkshow? I'd watch the shit out of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Benedict Cumberbatch's voice is so hot.
    /quotedforthegoddamntruth

Signature by Shyama!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Benedict Cumberbatch's voice is so hot.
    Subjective. I can't stand British accents. I find them highly annoying to listen to. My favorite part is when a person with a British accent is trying to sound angry, lol they still sound like a scared punk. Won't watch the Harry Potter movies because of the accents even though I enjoyed the books. I also don't use Fat Boss guides even though I think they are more helpful then others. The worst is the DBM addon guys added their own voice which sadly is a British accent. I realize there are a lot on MMO Champion so don't come back at me too hard. It's just an opinion and I don't think any less of you.

With that being said however, this is a really cool video of Smaugs voice before computer sounds.
    I support a cash shop in WoW!