Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Mythic Brackenspore Tips

This fight seems to be won (or lost) by the healers. Do you have any tips? From logs it seems 4-healing it is more popular, but a few guilds have 5-healed it as well.

How do you split healers between raid/tanks/mushrooms?
    Do you always prioritise blue over green?
    How long do you try to keep blue/green mushrooms up for?

Please use this thread for helpful comments, suggestions, tips etc.

Deleted
    Most of the guildes with 4 healers are also the guilds which ran several raids to gear the main roster. Their ilvl (and skill) is higher than "normal" guilds.

We tried with 4 healeres yesterday and we failed, we couldn't go further than 70%. We don't know if the tanks failed to do something important or if the healers didn't do their job correctly.

Here is what I know (might be wrong).

1) Mushrooms
    Try to move as fast as possible on the green mushrooms because the blue mushrooms appear on the raid so if your raid is on the green when the blue shrooms appear, it is good.
    The blue mushroom is healed by the green mushroom so try to use that to have a high uptime for the blue mushroom.
    AFAIK, the healers cannot heal the aoe (Infested Spores I think) without the green mushroom so it is really important.

You don't need many raid CDs for the first AoE but you need strong ones for the others.

We did the following yesterday :

a) Barrier + Vampiric Embrace (was enough)
    b) Smoke Bomb + Tranquility
    c) Smoke Bomb + Divine Hymn

we couldn't go further than that so no idea for the rest.

2) Your tanks need to have full HP bar before the healing debuff hits them because they will be hit with melee while the debuff is applied to them

3) The fungs in melee range has to be destroyed as fast as possible

4) the Spores have to be destroyed/interrupt as fast and as much as possible

5) Use Aspect of the Fox when you have to move because of the waves

6) I don't know if it is the boss or the big adds but you need to interrupt everything it casts and it shouldn't reach too many stacks of its self buff (we try to kill it with 7 stacks maximum)

-----

I am looking for advices for this :

Our problems, yesterday, was that our tanks get destroyed. We couldn't keep them alive when they have the healing debuff and the boss melee them for 150k.

Do you guys have advices about when to use the damage reduction CD on the tanks ? Do you use one or two ?

We have an average of 658 ilvl (healers having 655-) and we will try to 5 heal it tonight (Disc, holy priest, holy pal, druid, shaman).

Started progression today... not an easy fight at our ilvl. Our tank is routinely getting assraped by the big add. It has to die before it gets to 6 or 7 stacks and if you don't have a lot of naturally cleaving melee, you're going to have a bad time.

It's also advisable to have people stay away from the green shrooms before they become active. You have a chance to spawn a Mind Fungus nearby which will fuck your healers in the hardest phase of the fight. Mind Fungus is pretty low on the priority list of things for DPS to kill, so the further away from the green shrooms, the better.

The main thing about this fight seems to be staying alive (not dying to shrooms or waves) and moving between the shrooms cohesively as a group while still prioritizing add damage (for ranged Spore Shooters -> Big add -> Mind Fungus (but not really) -> Boss), not missing interrupts (wipe mechanic, I don't think you can recover a Decay going off) and keeping your tanks alive. All in all, it's not ~that~ bad, but it's definitely a lot more difficult at shit ilvl.

edit: Oh. And moss. Ragnaros' favorite shitty mechanic returns... we have 2 Hunters and a Boomkin on it. Our Boomie still does absolutely retarded damage while still using the flamethrower, so they're good picks. Here's a good video from a Boomie POV using the flamethrower if you're interested:

Last edited by Relapses; 2014-12-15 at 12:42 PM.

Deleted
    How do you deal with the tank switch ?

I can see in our logs that sometimes, they take melee from the boss and the big add after a taunt. Do you separate them when you have to do a tank switch or do they stay stacked together all the time ?
    Last edited by mmocceca20d1fe; 2014-12-15 at 03:37 PM.

We killed it today, lowest iLvl kill as recorded by warcraft logs (658).

As a Disc I completely solo'd the Green mushrooms. Keep it at ~90% with shields (clarity of will) and then top it right before infesting spores. You do this because if you top it early it starts taking too much damage. If you do it like this the mushroom won't even die before infesting spores is over, and then you don't even need it anymore. This lets you're other healers take care of tanks and blue mushrooms.

Quote Originally Posted by gillai View Post
    How do you deal with the tank switch ?

I can see in our logs that sometimes, they take melee from the boss and the big add after a taunt. Do you separate them when you have to do a tank switch or do they stay stacked together all the time ?
    We tanked them together (for the extra cleave).

Deleted
    Does devo mitigate infesting spores?

The macro from this guy probably deserves to be here.

Code:
    /click ExtraActionButton1
    /stopcasting
    /stopcasting
    Main - Spirál - Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Smackback View Post
    Does devo mitigate infesting spores?
    Yes, it is nature damage.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiralphoenix View Post
    The macro from this guy probably deserves to be here.

Code:
    /click ExtraActionButton1
    /stopcasting
    /stopcasting
    Just want to post in here just in case people miss it from other forum, this has been hotfixed as of today and will cause you to generate 10 heat right away if you spam it, just use a normal /click ExtraActionButton1 macro

Deleted
    U need logs for blue mushrooms. Plan cds on infesting spores and keep your raid group near green mushroom bc blue one will spawn near your raid members

Are guilds holding their dps cds for the big adds or using them at will to beat the hard and soft enrage on the fight?

Quote Originally Posted by gillai View Post
    I am looking for advices for this :
    Our problems, yesterday, was that our tanks get destroyed. We couldn't keep them alive when they have the healing debuff and the boss melee them for 150k.
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Started progression today... not an easy fight at our ilvl. Our tank is routinely getting assraped by the big add. It has to die before it gets to 6 or 7 stacks and if you don't have a lot of naturally cleaving melee, you're going to have a bad time.
    This looks to be the first main issue we hit during a few pulls at the end of last raid night. We were missing two dps and just doing some pulls to get a feel for the new mechanics so the big adds were up longer than normal. Are the tanks getting Smooshed as part of a DPS check on the big add, or is it a matter of better CD usage?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulzar View Post
    This looks to be the first main issue we hit during a few pulls at the end of last raid night. We were missing two dps and just doing some pulls to get a feel for the new mechanics so the big adds were up longer than normal. Are the tanks getting Smooshed as part of a DPS check on the big add, or is it a matter of better CD usage?
    We ended up just using a third tank since the DPS check isn't super relevant and you're essentially only sacrificing 8-10kish DPS to do it. We probably could have done it fine with two, but I think it saved us some time to use three.
    Jellogtwo - Druid - Royal Militia [A10] - Main - 14/14H
    Jellog - Monk - Royal Militia [A10] - Alt - 14/14H

<Royal Militia> - 14/14H x2, US 27th (22nd for 10s only), is now recruiting all classes for WoD!

Quote Originally Posted by Jellog View Post
    We ended up just using a third tank since the DPS check isn't super relevant and you're essentially only sacrificing 8-10kish DPS to do it. We probably could have done it fine with two, but I think it saved us some time to use three.
    What do you do with the 3rd tank exactly?

Make sure you stack blue on top of green (for every green shroom you move everyone into melee range of it). If you do it right, roughly every even # green shroom will eventually be accompanied by a blue shroom and mana / dps will get a huge boost. Just be sure to step out of it until the shooters die and that melee destroy the mind fungus asap or the benefits are lost.

Remember that green shroom spawns randomly in the room. Blue does not. No one knows exactly how blue picks its spot but it is DEFINITELY in relation to where a raid member is and so you can force spawn it to be on top of green. What I mean is that if you have your raid stacked all at one spot, the blue might not necessarily spawn RIGHT on top of a member but it is very damn close (like within 5-10 yards). If you have slow people, it will screw it all up. Sometimes you cannot stack if a wave happens and the green spawns on a crazy far side with blue following soon but you should always aim to stack them. Even if green / blue does not overlap you can lust to increase the radius of the shrooms and also consider the fact that the blue one's buff radius is bigger than the shroom itself. Look for it yourself and you will see what I mean.

One dedicated healer to greens is adequate (that was me - a resto shaman). I called out if I had trouble on one or two shrooms and people helped it up. Then when the aoe phase comes, just light healing on the green shroom is all that is really needed (or bounce aoe heals off the green shroom).

For blues we had paladins rotating LoH on them and then another healer or two (not me) dedicated to keeping it up. The last healer was generally on the tanks (clarity of will spam for necrotic with shields as needed on shrooms, tanks, or other people).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorfie View Post
    We killed it today, lowest iLvl kill as recorded by warcraft logs (658).

As a Disc I completely solo'd the Green mushrooms. Keep it at ~90% with shields (clarity of will) and then top it right before infesting spores. You do this because if you top it early it starts taking too much damage. If you do it like this the mushroom won't even die before infesting spores is over, and then you don't even need it anymore. This lets you're other healers take care of tanks and blue mushrooms.
    Care to show us your logs for analysis?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by artem123 View Post
    What do you do with the 3rd tank exactly?
    Probably tanks the add without any Rot stacks. They don't seem that important, but those ticks do add up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sluggs View Post
    Just want to post in here just in case people miss it from other forum, this has been hotfixed as of today and will cause you to generate 10 heat right away if you spam it, just use a normal /click ExtraActionButton1 macro
    How many stacks do you can get still? And mind to explain, how to? I'm asking cause I'm searching for detailed information about flamethrower duty and can't find a kill video after the bugfix :/ I'm on flamethrower duty in our alt raid and 4-7 Stacks was the highest so far, so I guess I do a terrible job with them >.< On the other hand, some of our mains could use an advise too about high stacks. An explanation would be so awesome <3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiamare View Post
    How many stacks do you can get still? And mind to explain, how to? I'm asking cause I'm searching for detailed information about flamethrower duty and can't find a kill video after the bugfix :/ I'm on flamethrower duty in our alt raid and 4-7 Stacks was the highest so far, so I guess I do a terrible job with them >.< On the other hand, some of our mains could use an advise too about high stacks. An explanation would be so awesome <3
    Some worthwhile discussion is going on over on the hunter forums
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...n-Mythic-Brack
    well worth a read