Poll: Do you think girls have it easy in games?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Do you think,generally speaking, girls have it made in games?

If so is this fair? Is it a good or a bad thing? And does it affect your game play? Or perhaps it has affected your game play in the past. If so can you share your views?

For me as a noob in this game back in WoTLK (yeah I'm a not an oldie ) is when I realised that being a girl in WoW means you hold all the power, at least at that casual not serious level which many of us experience early on and a few even fail to break out of.

Not even slightly.

being a girl in WoW means you hold all the power
    Healers are important, but tanks even more so.

Deleted
    What are you even talking about?

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on how you define easy. Its definitely easier to get free stuff from people in an MMO if pretending to be a female but having it easier in general in terms of gameplay and social climate, id say no.

15+ Year Old Account
    There's a three legged stool, and each leg is arguing that it's more important than the other two.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Healers are important, but tanks even more so.

I see what you did there. But the girl that I was referring to in my OP was a tank. She was hogging all the gear and refusing to let the other tank get aggro/veng (when that was a thing).

Deleted
    Had trouble understanding what you mean, at first, but yeah, there is definitely something about wanting to help girls in games that makes a lot of things easy for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Seja Victrix View Post
    What are you even talking about?
    I'm talking about the female favouritism in the casual circles that is rampant in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    I see what you did there. But the girl that I was referring to in my OP was a tank. She was hogging all the gear and refusing to let the other tank get aggro/veng (when that was a thing).
    I don't think that's anything to do with being male or female. Many tanks are like that, especially in LFR and other pug scenarios. A lot of people roll tank because they like to feel important and they always want to be the MAIN tank

Deleted
    A topic about females on MMO-Champ? Jeez, this is gonna end well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    A topic about females on MMO-Champ? Jeez, this is gonna end well.
    This is not an attack on girls in WoW but rather a discussion on female favouritism in the gaming world as a whole. Girls are not at fault, usually, most of the time it's the guys that enable this diva-esque behaviour.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you are lying. There are no female tanks. Everyone knows how it goes: Tank -> male, Healer -> female.

No, I don't think they have it easier however I did meet one girl who scammed the hell out of this 1 (apparently British war vet with psych problems, I don't know who it was).
    Basically acting super sweet and all that because she knew he would give her stuff. Bought her a lot of gold, spectral tiger and a bunch of other mounts. And she swore that she told him every time that she didn't need a gift but when he offers it anyways "oh well, thats great, thanks sweety".
    This is the worst case but there are plenty more ladies in WoW that find it perfectly okay to flirt their way to favours. And let's be honest, there are a lot of gullible young men in WoW.
    However, that surely is not all women and guys can also manipulate in their own way. Maybe they can't get away with it like that 1 lady but guys can be sneaky bastards as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Girls are not at fault, usually, most of the time it's the guys that enable this diva-esque behaviour.
    A bit of both I would say.

Deleted
    So she was cloth's whoring, angry and thought she was in the right all the time ?
    thats called a woman with PMS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolson13 View Post
    No, I don't think they have it easier however I did meet one girl who scammed the hell out of this 1 (apparently British war vet with psych problems, I don't know who it was).
    Basically acting super sweet and all that because she knew he would give her stuff. Bought her a lot of gold, spectral tiger and a bunch of other mounts. And she swore that she told him every time that she didn't need a gift but when he offers it anyways "oh well, thats great, thanks sweety".
    This is the worst case but there are plenty more ladies in WoW that find it perfectly okay to flirt their way to favours. And let's be honest, there are a lot of gullible young men in WoW.
    However, that surely is not all women and guys can also manipulate in their own way. Maybe they can't get away with it like that 1 lady but guys can be sneaky bastards as well.
    Sounds like normal behaviour of a part of the female population even outside video games.

- - - Updated - - -

That's really extreme if your story is true. She's a succubus from the depth of hell.

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

So let me get this straight; The girl acts sweet to him. He gives her things. She says no thanks, but when he insists she says okay. What's the problem?

In terms of what? Everything? In which case, no...

What even...

- - - Updated - - -

That's really extreme if your story is true. She's a succubus from the depth of hell.
    Clearly. Not asking for stuff but just acting like a very nice person is EVIL! She didn't hold a gun to his head...

Deleted
    Having played games as both a guy and a girl, girls don't have it easier. You occasionally get people sucking up to you or giving you stuff that you maybe wouldn't have otherwise had. The flipside of this though is that people quite often treat you like shit and assume you are bad at games or can't do your job as well as a guy. Also many guilds, particularly higher end ones have "no girls" rules, because they feel (rightly or wrongly) that having girls in the guild leads to drama which they want to avoid.