Deleted

Armour Sets Question (Druid Restro / Feral)

Hey guys

I wanted to have 2 sets of gear to play either feral or restro in arena.

Last time i did pvp there was mooncloth and dragonhide? (healer vs dps)

Now there only seems to be 1 set with a set bonus and 1 identical set without a set bonus?

So how do i get the best gear for each spec?

Sorry if ive missed something I just assumed I would need to grind 2 different sets of gear!

Gear switches stats/bonuses when you switch specs. With the exception of a few pieces (rings, neck, for example) they'll switch from Intellect to Agility and also switch the set bonus.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Gear switches stats/bonuses when you switch specs. With the exception of a few pieces (rings, neck, for example) they'll switch from Intellect to Agility and also switch the set bonus.
    oh awesome so i only need to grind the non set items? thatll save time

Also how come theres 1 set that has no set bonus and 1 set that has a bonus? i see some top players using a mix of both sets and not even getting the 4 piece bonus due to mixing?

Yeah you'll basically need weapons, trinkets, rings and maybe a couple other pieces, but not the main set and at least bracers, I know that much haha.

As for why there are two sets, I don't really know. I guess so you can mix and match to get the best stats possible. If your class favors Mastery/Crit and you don't want pieces with Haste on them you can do that. For some classes the set bonuses are really bad (Frost Mage set, for example) so it's worth it to just get the ideal stats and give up set bonuses, though I'd say almost all specs want their 4 piece. The fifth piece is usually swapped out.

Deleted
    Yeah you'll basically need weapons, trinkets, rings and maybe a couple other pieces, but not the main set and at least bracers, I know that much haha.

As for why there are two sets, I don't really know. I guess so you can mix and match to get the best stats possible. If your class favors Mastery/Crit and you don't want pieces with Haste on them you can do that. For some classes the set bonuses are really bad (Frost Mage set, for example) so it's worth it to just get the ideal stats and give up set bonuses, though I'd say almost all specs want their 4 piece. The fifth piece is usually swapped out.
    im confused as the set and non set pieces seem to be the same stats, im sure im missing something for example druids have 'dragonhide' and then just a plain version with no set bonus.

Ill have to find a good player whos setup i can copy!

They have the same values and they'll have Int/Stam and then two secondary stats.

For example the shoulders for Druids, the ones that have the set bonus give Int/Stam and Haste/Multistrike while the ones that don't have the set bonus give Int/Stam and Crit/Multistrike. The helm with the set bonus gives Mastery/Multistrike while the other helm gives Crit/Haste.

Deleted
    They have the same values and they'll have Int/Stam and then two secondary stats.

For example the shoulders for Druids, the ones that have the set bonus give Int/Stam and Haste/Multistrike while the ones that don't have the set bonus give Int/Stam and Crit/Multistrike. The helm with the set bonus gives Mastery/Multistrike while the other helm gives Crit/Haste.
    Ah ok, i read around and it seems its best to have the off set chest and rest for the 4/5 bonus!

Thanks for the help i didnt realist gear changed with spec now!