After buffs, soloing old raids question

I know the reasons mages aren't ideal for soloing old content. But mages are fun! At this point, do any of the specs bring major advantages, or is it a "what you like" time?

Deleted
    Yeah mages aren't that great for soloing mainly because of their lack of healing, Which is where classes like paladins, druids, and specifically blood DK's come in handy. If you look up Mionelol, a blood DK, they managed to solo garrosh at level 90. The extra damage mitigation on top of the healing, of course due to being a tank makes them, at least in my opinion the best class for soloing.

As for soloing as mage I recommend fire or frost for the ability to move often, and icy floes as a talent. It'd all be about kiting. Also, get some leech gear (Forgot to add all that considering a different class lel)
    I'd also add rapid displacement as a glyph for double blink unless the fight demands otherwise, coldsnap is real nice cause of the heal it has now and you can't really use cauterize or invis for soloing.
    Generally just not arcane, I'm not sure about fire but I've seen plenty of mages soloing in it. I just play frost and know its pretty good for it.
    Last edited by mmoc72d89a7147; 2014-12-15 at 01:50 PM.

Deleted
    Now that I've gotten a bit of gear soloing old content is pretty easy. Did 25FL last night REALLY easily(as Fire) as I'm working on the Legendary staff. Once I get some Mythic gear I figure I'll be able to solo it on Heroic.

Thanks, both of you!

You'll pretty much one shot every boss up until Cata, and even once you hit Cata raids, things will fall still fall over.

I been able to solo all raids up to spine with ease but 25 dw heroic is easy as warrior I almost had first boss of mop dead but I lack self healing so I died after 40% (edit I just noticed it was for mage and not a general question my mistake)
    Last edited by Captain Unbreakable; 2014-12-15 at 10:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    I want to look you in the eyes as your morals fly out the window. I want to watch the righteousness leave your eyes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Currently, even with average gear, anything up to spine is one shotted. Once you get to MoP though, you can forget soloing anything, you do WoD damage to bosses that have 11 million health, so clearly Blizzard did not switch them to Legacy type raids, unfortunately for mount farmers. Prior though, there is no possibility to fail. Spec into arcane, blazing speed and blink glyph, and just run around as fast as possible while spamming arcane explosion. Have fun.