Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    A couple of things.
    1. RBG bonus still exists you still have to do RBG's for the bonus chance on gear for your first 3 wins. Not sure where the idea of it being removed to make it less required came from. It was more about making the caps simpler to understand.
    2. The ashran bonus is very minimal and adds up to being what 2 week later for a full set? if you don't do ashran assuming you dont increase your caps with rating.
    3. The queue times are to achieve some sort of balance inside while I do hate sitting in queue I do understand why it is there. If they were to remove this can you imagine the mess it would be?

The things I really hate and hope get fixed are:
    1. The pathing and ability of players to bug out the NPC's. The horde side on my server has about 30+ champions bugged out at our base.
    2. If you join with a bodyguard there are some bugs when interacting with the chests. You cant release your NPC because they are disabled in ashran so you have to leave causing you to drop out and have to requeue.
    3. Sitting in queue for 3 hours then spending 10 minutes afk to put my kids in bed to find that I have been removed.
    4. durability loss should be disabled in ashran.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fuck holinka, the guy's an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Ula View Post
    And this is exactly why Holinka is doing a terrible job.
    That he is often just wrong.

There was the question about Random BGs provideing boxes... Well his answer is just plain wrong, several times I've gotten no box even on the winning side. But he refuses to admit there is a bug with it. Just like he refuses to admit assran is the shittiest excuse for world pvp since tol barad.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    hell it sounds like if only half of you got hired at blizz all of the world's problems would go away. Why the hell aren't you applying then?
    They aren't applying because the game would be 10X worse with them at the helm and it's easier to point fingers on a forum.
    Ideally no one has ever hit the level cap of the last expansion, looked at their dungeon blues, and thought "I win."

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...all/chuckabear

Ashran is like Holinka's big idea, of course he is going to want to push it on the players until they love it.

I actually don't mind having to do Ashran for the 200 conq. My problem is that you can never get in there. Took me 5-6 hours to get in last week and missed it completely on my other toon. Slightly frustrating.

Deleted
    Why bother changing/fixing ashran when it will be forgotten when next expansion hits?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    I feel Ashran is fun if it's equal teams on both sides. They need to always have a queue for Ashran to keep it equal and they need a way to kick people out of Ashran when it starts to get uneven, specifically when one side starts to leave and no new people join again. Then when someone comes after that it is ridiculously uneven for them. I was in one earlier where it was like 10v4. Maybe have a queue system when it goes below a number so that you can't even join until both sides have the minimum number.
    Thing is, people found a way to bypass the queues entirely and get instant invites. We had people actually going through all the linked servers and show that the whole place had nearly 2 vs 1 across some of Europe most populated servers which makes the whole thing a complete and utter joke. Alongside some stuff like Fangraal.

Holinka is bad, really bad. He outright told people stuff was fine when we now on live can see that it's very much not fine. Nearly all the problems were brought up during beta and they went on to ignore them almost entirely.

Deleted
    I expected Ashran to run on multiple servers, so it could be a persistant battleground. I can't even complete my Ashran intro quest because I have to Queue up for that, so no pvp for me this season either... Also another island I'll only enter because there happens to be our main city on it. At least the pve content is reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    They need to always have a queue for Ashran to keep it equal and they need a way to kick people out of Ashran when it starts to get uneven, specifically when one side starts to leave and no new people join again.
    As someone on a high-pop server who didn't know that Ashran wasn't going to be a lot of different instances but instead just one that I wait on for one to (apparently) six hours in queue for... yes and no. I'd love for it to be balanced but this is like sharing a single pop-controlled instance of Alteract Valley with a few servers and being told "this is the highlight of PVP this expansion!" Hell, at least AV has objectives beyond "fight on the road" that most people will see before the expansion's over.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    Fuck holinka, the guy's an idiot.
    Couldn't have said it any better.

Quote Originally Posted by Deepfreeze View Post
    I notice they often go on the defencive straight up, but long after the whole thing becomes irrelevant they admt it wasn't as good as they hoped.

Ashran will be no different. Just give them time. To bad Ashran is no longer a part of the game.
    I spent several hours in Ashran this evening on two characters.

There's a trick for getting in.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    hell it sounds like if only half of you got hired at blizz all of the world's problems would go away. Why the hell aren't you applying then?
    Blizzard doesn't hire logical thinking people unfortunately

That tweet made me frustrated so much especially because it completely contradicts the RBG conquest cap change. I'm OK with making conquest gear more available and what not to people, I really am, however I'm not OK with mandatory things that I, as an arena player, need to do in order to cap my conquest points as well as need to do in order to actually stay competitive gear-wise. It's ludicrous how RBGs and Ashran both have a chance of awarding conquest gear outside of the vendor.

Ashran granting conquest points? That's fine. Ashran being required to do to cap my conquest points? That is not.

Then there's also the glaring issue for Horde players who CAN'T even win Ashran and are thus even further behind the gearing curve due to daily Ashran lockbox chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdine View Post
    Sitting in ashran queue for 5 hours just to have a chance at getting 200 conq points is exciting and innovative gameplay.

Yes. Again blizz forcing you in a way to grind rep to get gear. Ok. Now you have to sit X amount of hours in que. You have done a great job Blizz!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ermahgerd View Post
    Blizzard doesn't hire logical thinking people unfortunately

That tweet made me frustrated so much especially because it completely contradicts the RBG conquest cap change. I'm OK with making conquest gear more available and what not to people, I really am, however I'm not OK with mandatory things that I, as an arena player, need to do in order to cap my conquest points as well as need to do in order to actually stay competitive gear-wise. It's ludicrous how RBGs and Ashran both have a chance of awarding conquest gear outside of the vendor.

Ashran granting conquest points? That's fine. Ashran being required to do to cap my conquest points? That is not.

Then there's also the glaring issue for Horde players who CAN'T even win Ashran and are thus even further behind the gearing curve due to daily Ashran lockbox chance.
    You don't NEED to do ashran. Sure it would be beneficial to get 1, maybe 2 pieces faster by getting the extra 200 points every single week. With the RBGs having 3 chances a week for 1 piece of loot, that throws more RNG to it and the playing field isn't even anyway. By 1/2 way to 2/3 of the way through the season, you should be fully geared and none of that will matter. That gives you over a month to compete for rating where everyone is on an even playing ground. Blizz throws in more options to get gear and all people do is complain. People are too worried about "getting screwed over" to realize that they aren't.

Isn't fun?! Go into Ashran, do a couple of quests. Bam! 200 cp. There is no combat involved.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Word View Post
    Isn't fun?! Go into Ashran, do a couple of quests. Bam! 200 cp. There is no combat involved.
    Good joke
    Maybe if I queue today I'll get in by next week

It can be fun, when you in the mind for mindless zerging. You can rack up a lot of HKs, and work on those achievements/titles as well. I don't care for the chance of conquest gear in the general's chest though. Even if the chance is really low it feels like something you HAVE to do to keep up. Wouldn't be so bad if it was once a week or so, but trying to kill the general everyday can take way, way too much time.

But the biggest problem with Ashran is the queue. Really inexcusable to have a 1-2hr queue when it is something that many will considered "required" content.

Deleted
    it's funny how everybody seems to agree that he sucks

that tells you a lot, because on this forum 90% of the people disagree for the sake of it

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    What's ashran? Like srsly. Still 3+ hour q time when I get back from work. Piss break and you miss it, hoping it won't be like this forever.
    Pretty sure they are going against what the orginally set out to provide.