Elemental stronger than Enhanc?

Hi guys,

In Noxxus shows that Elemental is better in DPS than Enhanc.. But in actual Raids is needed a bigger movements, (since elemental is a "fixed" spec) but in forums i see the players saying that actually Enhanc is better to raid (Bigger DPS).

I would like to read some opinions about this =)

Ps.: I love to play with Enhanc, but im considering to play with Elemental.

(Sorry for my english)

1- Don't use Noxxic

2- All simcraft will show elemental as higher because it calculates fights as if you don't move and execute everything perfectly. In some situations or fights enhancement will obviously pass elemental due to high movement or aoe

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by juanbp View Post
    Hi guys,

In Noxxus shows that Elemental is better in DPS than Enhanc.. But in actual Raids is needed a bigger movements, (since elemental is a "fixed" spec) but in forums i see the players saying that actually Enhanc is better to raid (Bigger DPS).

I would like to read some opinions about this =)

Ps.: I love to play with Enhanc, but im considering to play with Elemental.

(Sorry for my english)
    Ench >>> ele

Elemental is in a very bad place right now. They have a slight edge on a simcraft of standing in one place casting but that's not how raids work. Movement makes their dps tank horribly. I had a huge jump in dps from switching over to enhancement and I'm still pretty shaky with keeping up a solid rotation.
    Is this where the header goes?

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I swapped over to Enhance while still using most of the gear I had for Elemental but through my limited testing, Enhance better covered more fight mechanics in spite of having its own performance issues. The biggest downside is that I am in pretty 'meh' tastic gear and have far too many moments of doing nothing even with hardcasting LB at 3/4 stacks with EotE. I don't find the priority system hard though as it's definitely more engaging than Elemental when you're not auto attacking for a few seconds.

However, I do understand that bad gear + not playing Enhance since TBC will = more testing required. Unbuffed at 622 I do a measly 11k ST with this guy.

One thing I will say is that the 50% Haste Icy Veins tells you to strive for seems incredibly steep for those who are not in Heroic Highmaul yet in order to be on the path of optimal play. I mean, is there a general idea of what the item level is to get 50% when I'm sitting on 12%?
    Last edited by Triggered Fridgekin; 2014-12-15 at 07:52 PM.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Elemental PvE wise us in a great place...why would some say otherwise? The spec is fun and great utility and strong defensive CD's...

Well after raiding with my elemental i would say that PvE wise elemental is as strong as any other caster, specially if you use the Glyph that cut the duration and CD of Spiritwalker.

I woudnt say that elemental is as strong as mages buttt we can compete and i dont think enhance can.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elios View Post
    Well after raiding with my elemental i would say that PvE wise elemental is as strong as any other caster, specially if you use the Glyph that cut the duration and CD of Spiritwalker.

I woudnt say that elemental is as strong as mages buttt we can compete and i dont think enhance can.
    Enhance is very very bad without fire nova and gets stronger with every bit of additional fire damage, up to toally op on massive sustained aoe.

It's just totally crappy balanced + bad scaling on top.

enhance is the most unbalanced class. Bottom or top, nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    Enhance is very very bad without fire nova and gets stronger with every bit of additional fire damage, up to toally op on massive sustained aoe.

It's just totally crappy balanced + bad scaling on top.

enhance is the most unbalanced class. Bottom or top, nothing else.
    Well, i don't know why you quote me but ... yeah enhance is in a bad place... Except Paragon's enhance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elios View Post
    Well, i don't know why you quote me but ... yeah enhance is in a bad place... Except Paragon's enhance.
    I dont think that those 30k dps on single target were actually good. I suspect the enhancer simply had more uptime for some reason, as my retris and monks pulled already 31k dps@ ilvl 660 on that boss on heroic.

I suspect an enhancer pulling 30k is the same as a feral pulling 36k dps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    Elemental PvE wise us in a great place...why would some say otherwise? The spec is fun and great utility and strong defensive CD's...
    QFT! Oh, wait.. you said Elemental and not Balance Druid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orcbert View Post
    Elemental is in a very bad place right now. They have a slight edge on a simcraft of standing in one place casting but that's not how raids work. Movement makes their dps tank horribly. I had a huge jump in dps from switching over to enhancement and I'm still pretty shaky with keeping up a solid rotation.
    No they aren't. They are in a great place. People massively exaggerate how much movement is needed in fights. And just like melee there are disadvantages for when you need to do things. Melee suffer when they have to move to a different add/boss and switch targets. Or move out of a boss ability. Casters when they need to move. But people act like in raids you're constantly moving. ANd you aren't. And we do have tools for when we need to move. Stop putting all of this focus on mobility. Because it's overused. And all casters got hit.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    They would say otherwise, because what you say simply isn't true. The damage isn't strong, the utility isn't strong and the survivability of the spec isn't strong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    No they aren't. They are in a great place ...Melee suffer when they have to move to a different add/boss and switch targets. Or move out of a boss ability.
    Nothing from logs suggest that Elemental is in a great spot. Is it viable? Sure, but it's average at best. Also nothing suggest that melee actually suffer DPS any meaningful DPS losses in HM, all the top performers are melee specs.
    Last edited by Menubrea; 2014-12-16 at 02:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frika View Post
    Ench >>> ele
    Ench? Theres an Enchantment spec shaman?!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Help ol Gil Out View Post
    I swapped over to Enhance while still using most of the gear I had for Elemental but through my limited testing, Enhance better covered more fight mechanics in spite of having its own performance issues. The biggest downside is that I am in pretty 'meh' tastic gear and have far too many moments of doing nothing even with hardcasting LB at 3/4 stacks with EotE. I don't find the priority system hard though as it's definitely more engaging than Elemental when you're not auto attacking for a few seconds.

However, I do understand that bad gear + not playing Enhance since TBC will = more testing required. Unbuffed at 622 I do a measly 11k ST with this guy.

One thing I will say is that the 50% Haste Icy Veins tells you to strive for seems incredibly steep for those who are not in Heroic Highmaul yet in order to be on the path of optimal play. I mean, is there a general idea of what the item level is to get 50% when I'm sitting on 12%?
    Well, first off, Icy Veins is HORRIBLE for guides for Ele sham, possibly even Enhancement Shaman. If you want to follow a guide, go by what Binkenstein says.

www.totemspot.com

or his guide on wowhead:

http://www.wowhead.com/guide=346/ele...emental-shaman

I main Ele and at a 640 ilvl i put out around 15-20k DPS on a 4/7 clear run in 1 night. If you are lower, you're playing the class completely wrong. Be smart, move preemptively and use your CDs smartly and you will be ahead in DPS above other classes ie. mage, warlock, sometimes hunters, rogues. I even end up even with some warriors.
    Last edited by TheTieThatBinds; 2014-12-16 at 09:19 PM.
    Shaman PvP Theory
    - "that all sounds nice but i prefer the hide behind a rock and dps method, and if they target you, ghost wolf, and if they start attacking you, bend over and prepare yourself psychologically."
    -Thunderspike