Thread: Hunter V Feral

Hunter V Feral

Struggling when i end up 1v1 against a Feral, now i know they are currently in a league of there own atm, but any hunters got any tips for me.

Im taking full advantage of
    -Explosive trap (glyphed)
    -Freezing Trap (with 2 set bonus)
    -Binding shot
    -Concussive Shot
    -Disegage ( with narrow escape)
    - Goblin Racial Jump
    - even swiftness potions

Im full pvp with a few warforged and 2 conquest pieces, but i also run lone wolf, something which i know most hunters would advise against, as you lose masters call, but even MC and RoS i still cant beat em.

Cheers For any advice

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Terena/simple (bracers are now 660)

Use Posthaste instead of Narrow Escape. It'll change your life.

Edit: Just read you use Lone Wolf - this is as you said a terrible idea. Not only do you lose RoS and MC (which are huge) but you also lose Spirit Bond which is INSANELY strong borderline overpowered right now if you pick up the stam trinkets. The only time I beat a Feral is if I play the long game and focus on lowing my damage taken and wear him down over time. I've got no idea what you would do with Lone Wolf.
    Last edited by Aurlon; 2014-12-15 at 06:22 PM.

I came up on a hunter using exotic munitions and posthaste and the root from traps, and it was insanely hard for me to catch him. If not for my healer he would havewon hands down. Idk if it was an L2play on my part or what, but it seemed the combination of slows and roots and speed he had was a huge counter for me.

i know most hunters are against it, but in the larger battleground Lone wolf is awesome, as long as im not focused, ill normally end up #1 dmg and Kbs ect,, the fact that id only be changing away from it because i have to l2p against ferals makes me wanna keep to it i enjoy that play style, sure concussive would have the exact same effect no ? the slow is the same as frost ammo but you just dont have to use a gcd on it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyninja View Post
    i know most hunters are against it, but in the larger battleground Lone wolf is awesome, as long as im not focused, ill normally end up #1 dmg and Kbs ect,, the fact that id only be changing away from it because i have to l2p against ferals makes me wanna keep to it i enjoy that play style, sure concussive would have the exact same effect no ? the slow is the same as frost ammo but you just dont have to use a gcd on it ?
    None of that is exclusive to Lone Wolf. Several times I've topped damage done as BM and I earned Wrecking Ball the other day as BM. Assessing your performance by damage done/KB's is a pointless exercise.

Frost Ammo means Ferals have to powershift more often and is extremely useful vs Rets. Sometimes you don't have a GCD to spare.

10+ Year Old Account
    Frozen Ammo is a no-brainer. You can kite anything with that excuse for a talent, even Ferals who are almost impossible to crowd control with snares and roots.

aight ill just have to adjust, cheers for the pointers people

Quote Originally Posted by tbm13 View Post
    I came up on a hunter using exotic munitions and posthaste and the root from traps, and it was insanely hard for me to catch him. If not for my healer he would havewon hands down. Idk if it was an L2play on my part or what, but it seemed the combination of slows and roots and speed he had was a huge counter for me.
    That was a surv hunter and you should have stopped and healed yourself cause he has really low damage. Surv is a support spec, not a damage one. In arena it's even easier, just hump a pillar and win.

Deleted
    Frozen Ammunition. Feral p.o.v. here, and if feral mobility is OP, then frozen ammu is outright broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Erzengel View Post
    Frozen Ammunition. Feral p.o.v. here, and if feral mobility is OP, then frozen ammu is outright broken.
    Feral mobility isn't OP, rogue's fucking burst of speed is, at least ferals don't get a speed boost everytime they shift.

Deleted
    as long as im not focused, ill normally end up #1 dmg and Kbs ect,
    now i know [ferals] are currently in a league of there own atm
    Seems legit. Can't remember the last time I saw a feral top on dmg and Kbs. Not compared to Boomkins and Hunters. Nerf feral.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Word View Post
    Feral mobility isn't OP, rogue's fucking burst of speed is, at least ferals don't get a speed boost everytime they shift.
    Feral mobility is kind of annoying and almost as stupid as Burst of Speed and it's not even a talent. Immune to polymorph and other similar effects, as well as being pretty much immune to snares and roots.

Cuz ferals have BoS passively.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blithe View Post
    Feral mobility is kind of annoying and almost as stupid as Burst of Speed and it's not even a talent. Immune to polymorph and other similar effects, as well as being pretty much immune to snares and roots.
    Not arguing any of those points (right now), I'm just saying that if feral mobility is considered OP, then how do you call the talent that shits all over THAT.

Not comparable, Burst of Speed uses energy whereas shifting is essentially free.

Quote Originally Posted by Emophia View Post
    Cuz ferals have BoS passively.
    204 = 130.

Quote Originally Posted by gingerlemon View Post
    Not comparable, Burst of Speed uses energy whereas shifting is essentially free.
    Shifting costs a GCD, BoS does not. Rogues also have vastly superior Energy regeneration.
    Last edited by Feranor; 2014-12-18 at 02:52 PM.