Melee classes & cheesing mechanics

So after raiding since TBC on a warrior and prior to that a rogue in vanilla. For the start of WOD i have been maining a paladin. All i can say is with all the cooldowns and healing/damage reduction abilities it feels really easy. I guess I just dont see how the heck that is balanced... warriors get one damage reducing ability on a longer cooldown....

Paladins get a total immunity to damage, A complete heal (lay on hands), a 40% magic reduction that is on a super short CD.... anyone else think thats not really fair? Its just crazy how Blizz thinks thats balance...

Anyone else agree with this?

Again classes aren't balanced 1v1. On the other hand warrior can sit in D stance (20% dmg reduction) all the time if they which. They have leap, charge, intervene, spell reflect etc. Fury has bloodthirst and more hp than most other classes.

We also get to give someone else immunity to physical damage, and can free players from movement impairing effects in cases of emergency.

To be fair though, a lot of the mechanics in Highmaul bypass bubble and Blessing of Protection.

Warriors have their own tools, too, though. We don't get charge or heroic leap. And remember, for years Warriors gained rage from taking ambient raid damage. We never got that.

Rogues are pretty good cheesers themselves with cloak of shadows and cheat death. You could argue that rogues should have a bit more utility due to the fact that they are a leather wearing melee.

For warriors vs pallies though, ret does seem to have a huge edge when it comes to group benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by Makh View Post
    Warriors have their own tools, too, though. We don't get charge or heroic leap. And remember, for years Warriors gained rage from taking ambient raid damage. We never got that.
    For years warriors have also been significantly stronger in terms of dps except for like... 1 patch pre-wod. Oh and the offensive raid cd in mop.

Rets usually seemed to pay for their amazing utility with having mediocre dps (variable) whereas warriors were nearly always a strong dps. Right now rets are quite... crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Rets dont have a middle ground. They're either OP or useless. Guess which way the scales are tipping at the moment.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Guess we shall see... just a few fights in Highmail like Ogrons/Imperator.... divine shield/magic cooldown alone makes it a lot easier to stay alive for the healers.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think just about any melee class could frame this in the same way for their own class utility. I certainly could on my rogue with cloak and evasion and smoke bomb and evasion and feint and cheat death.

Obviously, some classes are better than others at it but all melee has good survival abilities, I think in part because they are in melee which can be a dangerous place.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

All melee have a few survival/mobility cooldowns, its intended as a way to fight the shitstorm that melee have to deal with.

Ranged generally have less, although they have had some creep over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I think just about any melee class could frame this in the same way for their own class utility. I certainly could on my rogue with cloak and evasion and smoke bomb and evasion and feint and cheat death.
    Heh, yeah, monk with zenmed, damp/diffuse, fort brew and roll/fsk is an entirely new world for me after 10 years as a warlock :P. Used to be all I could do was sit there, take it, and get healed up. Of course, as a warlock I wouldn't die by screwing up either, I do miss soul-link :-(
    Last edited by rijn dael; 2014-12-15 at 09:47 PM.

You also don't have charge/heroic leap/Berserker's Rage etc.

Quote Originally Posted by JJmiller86 View Post
    So after raiding since TBC on a warrior
    Should be used to have shitty defenses.
    Quote Originally Posted by kaldeera View Post
    Fury has bloodthirst
    Laughed hard.