Shaman and rogue for 2s?

So my mate has a rogue and i have a shaman, we do 2s 90% of the time and 3s 10% of the time... So mainly 2s...

The question is should i enh or resto???

If it's a question, why not put a question mark in the thread title so people know that you are here for help and not to deliver some profound knowledge unto them?

As for enh vs resto, one is dps, one is healer, do you feel like playing 2 dps or dps + heal? If the former, are you comfortable outplaying disc priests? If the latter, are you comfortable outplaying disc priests?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shaithis View Post
    If it's a question, why not put a question mark in the thread title so people know that you are here for help and not to deliver some profound knowledge unto them?

As for enh vs resto, one is dps, one is healer, do you feel like playing 2 dps or dps + heal? If the former, are you comfortable outplaying disc priests? If the latter, are you comfortable outplaying disc priests?
    Since it's bothering you so much I added a question mark to the thread title.

In regards to OP... it depends on whether you'd like to deal damage or heal. You'd probably achieve a higher rating if you played Restoration/Rogue because you'd be able to heal yourself and survive instead of dying at the drop of a hat as soon as a melee cleave enters the arena. Either way, you're basically just a purge bot anyway.

Play what you enjoy but for the lack of shaman viability overall I'd honestly rather play three's so I don't have to deal with pesky Druid's who like to prolong games with their infinite shape-shifting-out-of-roots abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Blithe View Post
    Since it's bothering you so much I added a question mark to the thread title.

In regards to OP... it depends on whether you'd like to deal damage or heal. You'd probably achieve a higher rating if you played Restoration/Rogue because you'd be able to heal yourself and survive instead of dying at the drop of a hat as soon as a melee cleave enters the arena. Either way, you're basically just a purge bot anyway.

Play what you enjoy but for the lack of shaman viability overall I'd honestly rather play three's so I don't have to deal with pesky Druid's who like to prolong games with their infinite shape-shifting-out-of-roots abilities.
    I been playing wow for a while but wanted to try something different, i have every class a lvl 90, was missing shaman and got one with the exp, since then i leveled him as enh and switched to resto to do 2s... But im not having that much fun honestly (but then only been playing arenas with this comp for 2 days), so i tought about enh, but reading the forums says that enh sucks big time, and i dont like elemental at all.. So not sure..

btw the rogue im with is playing assassination, should he change to combat???

You can play either and do about the same. At 1800+ teams will destroy either comps, Rogues don't do enough damage to kill anything alone so Resto/Rogue won't work that well and Enh/Rogue will do a lot of damage but the Rogue will die fast so odds are good you still won't beat Healer/DPS teams.

I think your best bet is Resto/Rogue and hoping you just line everything up perfectly. But yes, your Rogue needs to be Combat to have any chance of that comp working.

Go what you enjoy most...

I managed to hit 2.4k in this comp (yeah that was in Wotlk)
    We were the only Team going Enh+Rogue over 2k.. everyone else was Resto+ Rogue.
    What you require from this comp is perfect CC, stuns, and interupts of every god damn spell, and tunneling one target.. however with current state of PVP.. no idea whether it's going to work

10+ Year Old Account
    I've faced a few enha/rogue comps and quite honestly it's rather difficult to face even as WW monk/disc. Spec combat and you'll be able to survive rather long. Versus a dps/healer team you'll be most in your advantage due to enha shamans still being able to last quite long.

I'd stay enha/rogue for quicker games and becoming better playing as double DPS. While DPS/Healer can also be an important part of 3s, in the end being able to communicate well with your DPS is the most important thing for 3s. Something I myself am actually not quite experienced in :P

Also in general I have more respect for double DPS teams than DPS/Healer teams. Although it depends on the comp. I have 0 respect for ret/dps teams haha
    Last edited by Terahertz; 2014-12-16 at 11:32 AM.

i guess ill try getting my shaman enh gear and go from there... see what i like best

Deleted
    I would go resto. I play resto with a combat rogue, and we have 2187 cr.

Ya i tried enh and i sucked, i didnt like it at all, so went back to resto, and the rogue changed to combat, we still having issues with comps like ret/feral or ret/frostdk, they normally open very very strong on me.. and i have to blow most of my cds, then they swap to the rogue, and he takes toons of dmg, if they happen to stun me for 6sec, rogue is dead, so if i do save the rogue, they swap on me, and by this time im out of cds, and its just a matter of time for me to drop....

Also another thing is the amount of healing this classes are able to do... it sucks when the battle ends and the me (healer) have 1.2m heals and the frost dk or ret have 1.1m

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by miguelv06 View Post
    Ya i tried enh and i sucked, i didnt like it at all, so went back to resto, and the rogue changed to combat, we still having issues with comps like ret/feral or ret/frostdk, they normally open very very strong on me.. and i have to blow most of my cds, then they swap to the rogue, and he takes toons of dmg, if they happen to stun me for 6sec, rogue is dead, so if i do save the rogue, they swap on me, and by this time im out of cds, and its just a matter of time for me to drop....

Also another thing is the amount of healing this classes are able to do... it sucks when the battle ends and the me (healer) have 1.2m heals and the frost dk or ret have 1.1m
    Ret/FrostDK is just dirty in 2s right now. The damage output from both of them is very high, and although their cc DRs, they have pretty good mobility and damage counter with Hand of Freedom and Blessing of Protection, among the myriad of other defensive cooldowns they can't cast on each other.

Play as enhance, Resto sham is terrible and brings nothing in 2s. You gonna get ran over by every single disc/hunter team. Which is basically every other team. It's incredibly frustrating.

Deleted
    Well you must be doing something wrong as resto, cause i always pop more healing than any other healing class win or loss.
    We just reached 2230 today, and we generally only meet disc/hunter now. But what talents are you going with? What rating are you at? When do you pop which cooldowns? It's all something that needs to be considered.

Klorum can you post your talents and glyphs? kinda a summary on your strategy?

Quote Originally Posted by Klorum View Post
    Well you must be doing something wrong as resto, cause i always pop more healing than any other healing class win or loss.
    We just reached 2230 today, and we generally only meet disc/hunter now. But what talents are you going with? What rating are you at? When do you pop which cooldowns? It's all something that needs to be considered.
    We're at 2.2 as well. The hunter just trains the rogue the entire game and as soon as he manages to land a trap on me we're basically fked. trap->fear->stun->silience-trap again and trow in an interrupt somewhere etc. While my rogue is taking ridiculous dmg. It definitely the comp we feel like we have no chance against. Against bad players we can manage to kill the priest but you won't be able to against higher rated ones.

Well if u do more healing it means that your team is taking more damage. Resto shamans bring terrible offense compared to other healers. Offensive capabilities are very important in 2s. I'd go with any other healer over resto shaman in 2s.
    Last edited by Bobzor; 2014-12-18 at 05:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobzor View Post
    We're at 2.2 as well. The hunter just trains the rogue the entire game and as soon as he manages to land a trap on me we're basically fked. trap->fear->stun->silience-trap again and trow in an interrupt somewhere etc. While my rogue is taking ridiculous dmg. It definitely the comp we feel like we have no chance against. Against bad players we can manage to kill the priest but you won't be able to against higher rated ones.

Well if u do more healing it means that your team is taking more damage. Resto shamans bring terrible offense compared to other healers. Offensive capabilities are very important in 2s. I'd go with any other healer over resto shaman in 2s.
    have u tried enh at higher ratings?

Quote Originally Posted by miguelv06 View Post
    have u tried enh at higher ratings?
    Never played enhance in this expansion and I have no idea if rogue/enhance is an alright comp. Enhance/feral seems to do alright due to both having ridiculous healing capabilities.

if i wanted to reroll what would be the best match to a rogue? in 2s?