Deleted

Question Question´s about Shaman Restoration spec with HealBot Addon/Mod.

Hi!

i have 2 Question about HealBot and Shaman Restoration spec.

1. Is there anywhere within the HealBot config/setup that i can make the player groups to appear ONLY then i activate my Restoration spec?`
    I dont want it to show then iam in Elemental spec for Question and solo gaming, without have to turn off the Addon in Addon list. Can be solved with a Macro that turns HealBot ON and Off?

2. Is HealBot the right addon for me as a Restoration healer? i have not tryed any other Healing Addon, due to i usuly play DPS or Tank classes. But now i want to try out 5 to 25man healing with my Shaman. Why i use HealBot is that i had a Alt Priest that was healing in WoTLK on Alt Raid´s in our Casual Guild at the time. So is there a better Addon for my needs as Shaman Restoration Healer?

No matter which addon you recommend, what are your experiences and tips regarding Addon Setup for the easiest and most effective healing from 5 man caves to 25 man raiding groups?

This Macro i use due to some UI bugs with WoD patch and some Addon´s after WoD Release.
    Reload UI Macro
    /reload ui

Misdirection Macro: This for my Misdirection as hunter to fast put Misdirection on MainTank
    /cast [target=MainTankName] Misdirection

Arrow / Bullet Switch Maco: The Hunters had to buy Arrow´s or Bullets to boot there dmg i had a "Ammor Switching" macro, but that one is gone due to i dont need it anymore sens they removed Arrows and Bullets from the game. But ususly i never delete a macro, so i can remeber how i did macros before and so on.

Distance bug Macro: Old Distance bug Macro to unlock realy long scrol out zoom, havent used it sens WoTLK.
    /script SetCVar("cameraDistanceMax", 25)
    /script SetCVar("cameraDistanceMaxFactor", 2)

and last but not the least Macro i have made is this one to swap spec´s without opening Talents Window
    Spec-Swap
    /usetalents [spec:1] 2; 1

as you see, i can only do very simple macro´s there for i need some help to make new macro´s if its able to Turn Addons on and off as my example down below.

How can i make this typ of On/Off macro work properly and infuse them with Spec Swapping Macro above?
    or do i need to have One Macro for HealBot ON and One Macro for HealBot OFF ??

1. Macro Turn off Healbot
    /run DisableAddOn("Healbot"); ReloadUI()
    2. Macro Turn on Healbot
    /run EnableAddOn("Healbot"); ReloadUI()

Best Regards
    WDac

Shaman Toon: Yager at Burning Blade EU.
    Cant put in URL due to this Forum msg: You are not allowed to post any kinds of links, images or videos until you post a few times.
    Last edited by mmoce04ee01f62; 2014-12-15 at 11:34 PM.

1. Disable when solo automatically
    •Open the General tab
    •To the right of the Disable option, Select “only when solo”
    •Turn on the Disable option

There is no Option which disables/enables HealBot automatially, once you switch spec.
    However you can use " /hb t " (Toggle Healbot between disabled and enabled)

SOURCE: (http://healbot.darktech.org/index.ph...38-autodisable)
    and (http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/heal-bot-continued) in the description part

2. Whatever fits your playing style. I have been using healbot ever since, so I am used to it and I love it.
    Just customize your healbot the way u prefer it to look. I do love the way you see aggro, incoming dmg, incoming heal, out of range, decursive, etc.
    Last edited by Wild; 2014-12-16 at 02:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wdac View Post
    2. Is HealBot the right addon for me as a Restoration healer? i have not tryed any other Healing Addon, due to i usuly play DPS or Tank classes. But now i want to try out 5 to 25man healing with my Shaman. Why i use HealBot is that i had a Alt Priest that was healing in WoTLK on Alt Raid´s in our Casual Guild at the time. So is there a better Addon for my needs as Shaman Restoration Healer?
    If you can be bothered to configure it, Vuhdo is (a little) better. It can basically do anything that any other addon can do and then some extra things on top that you didn't even know you wanted. The learning curve for starting to configure your raid frames feels a bit like being catapulted into a brick wall, though. The options window is overwhelming to say the least. It all depends on how serious you are about your raid healing, really.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Deleted
    As people are throwing in their addon suggestions, I personal stopped using Healbot back in Wrath. I've been using Clique ever since. It basically gives all the functionality of Healbot (easy mouseover macros) without the bloat, and allowing you to use your own raidframes (ie ElvUI, what I use) or even default Raid Frames (what I used in Cata, they are actually pretty good now imo).