Deleted

Mythic Twin Orgrons - DPS Priority

Hi there,

making a new thread to not add yet another topic to the hunter guide.

I have two main questions:

1) How do you use barrage in this fight?
    2) Azors summary says "*2+ targets keep Explosive Trap on CD" - Is it worth?

to 1) My main thought is: there are 2 targets which you can hit _most_ of the time with barrage. Are you using it whenever barrage would hit?
    My main problem (after about 60 tries on this boss) is that I waste sooo much Toth Procs and from time to time even delay a CS.
    Wouldn't it be better to play with steady focus? I know the opening burst will not be that high - and I have no idea how to take on the opener with steady (never played with it in a raiding environment).

to 2) First of to clarify my understanding: If there are 2 or more targets to hit with it: use it
    I tried it a few times, but it screws my playstyle over and I dont think it is that big of a damage bonus ... but I dont have any numbers for that, except the logs, but they are not really representative because of inconsistent usage and short fights.

any tipps or insights are appreciated

I'm not on mythic, just heroic. But I use barrage and it is my #1 damaging ability on that fight. I always save it for when I can hit both bosses, which is pretty much always unless the one is shield charging.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulm View Post
    I'm not on mythic, just heroic. But I use barrage and it is my #1 damaging ability on that fight. I always save it for when I can hit both bosses, which is pretty much always unless the one is shield charging.
    even then, you can position yourself to always hit them with barrage, unless your strat involes them being apart for 43 yards. Even when they are charging just line up and it still hits them both for me

Deleted
    Yeah, getting used to barrage and positioning is a keyfactor for the spell, which I tried to master within SoO. But nevertheless it screws up my rotiation or I lose many ToTH-procs.

how do you deal with it? I mean: CS > Barrage > Crows ... in between getting focus for each of these spells ... aaaand CS is off cooldown again. Often there's no time for me to use a ToTH proc (excluding bloodlust and / or RF uptime).

In the beginning of the fight it's not that big of a deal, as we start with Bloodlust and the focus-reg is high enough to keep it smooth. but as soon as BL wears off I run into the aforementioned problems

I'm curious if the new Serpent sting buff makes it viable with multidotting. I would guess no. But maybe.

Nice thread +1

Im using barrage as I would single target (if I have no toth procs), and I don't think it's worth it with explosive trap.
    That's what I'm doing at least.

I know you're asking about Barrage, but one of the keys to parsing well on this one appears to be tank-centric. If your tanks can position the bosses directly underneath each other, you should be able to CS cleave. Our tanks never position them so tightly, so CS cleaves are sporadic if they happen at all. The cleave radius for CS is just so tight and the model for the ogrons so large that this is one of those rare fights where you actually might want to talk to the tanks and ask them (politely) if they wouldn't mind stacking directly on top of each other whenever possible.

Barrage is definitely worth using on this one, and as close to cooldown as possible with the two bosses within the cone.

Deleted
    Thanks Effin,
    I already talked to them and they are trying to do it - the DPS went a little bit up, but there's still room for improvement.

I'll just try to use steady focus tonight and will post my experience.