Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

thoughts of highmaul so far

Basically what it says

If you can't be bothered to post a single full sentence in your OP what makes you think people will be willing to respond to it?

inb4 you just responded

good

I put in as much effort into my answer as you put into your question

I think of highmaul

Deleted
    I'm enjoying it. I think they've done well in terms of design with 1 loot pinata, 1 gear check, and 5 bosses with interesting mechanics with the penultimate and last boss each being a step up in difficulty.

I'd be lying if I didn't admit that part of the reason I'm liking it is that our team is the strongest it's ever been, so we're killing bosses a fair bit quicker than I expected, but it does seem like a pretty decent starter raid.

for me personally ...disspointing - have much more fun lvling up alts via questing then raiding highmaul. 6/7 Hc atm and completly lack motivation to progress mythic.

It's alright. None of the bosses/fights really stand out except for Imperator. I remember enjoying MSV alot more then highmaul as a tank.

Super easy! I don't know why people make such a fuss over Paragon and Mythic! Can't wait for the other wings to open on LFR!
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    Super easy! I don't know why people make such a fuss over Paragon and Mythic! Can't wait for the other wings to open on LFR!
    gr8 b8 m8 i r8 8/8

OT, I like it. Not too difficult but not complete faceroll, good introduction to WoD I'd say and I'm looking forward to BRF.

Deleted
    Nothing special. The interior and the art of the raid do not really stand out in any way. It is not as immersive as for example Heart of Fear was, but then again we still have Blackrock Foundry. In conclusion I think it can be compared to MSV.

Art design and level design are pretty meh but the boss fights have been really enjoyable. Except for butcher, I've enjoyed the mechanics.

Stood in the Fire n7stormreaver's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I like it. Twin Ogron are fun as hell and instance overall is pretty solid, but not Ulduar-T11-ToT level of course. Just solid.

I also love Arcane themed raids and we didn't have those in quite a while (iirc since Eye of Eternity save for some bosses)
    Space magic.

I remember enjoying MSV alot more then highmaul as a tank.
    Last edited by ustzhenya; 2014-12-16 at 08:32 AM.

Deleted
    It's a good starter raid, it's nice that it's somewhat open and you can pick which order to do several of the bosses. The Butcher gets old quickly, Kargath is FAR too simple (but probably quite a fun boss in Mythic), but I like the bosses otherwise, especially Twin Ogrons and Imperator (though the first 50% of Imperator should honestly be removed, it's no challenge once you know the tactics and just drags the fight out). The area is not super interesting (I personally care little for Ogres) and I don't even know the story behind why we are there, the lore is kind of removed I feel.

Overall, it's an enjoyable raid but I can see why a lot of people aren't impressed.

Multiple difficulty model is making me burn out really fast. I am on 6/7 N and I am already losing will to progress at a thought of killing the same stuff over and over again
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    Multiple difficulty model is making me burn out really fast. I am on 6/7 N and I am already losing will to progress at a thought of killing the same stuff over and over again
    So how did you ever deal with having bosses on farm mode? You haven't even beaten normal yet, how long do you expect raid tiers to last? 2 weeks?

I really like it. Each boss room has its own unique feel. Bosses have a wide range of abilities and are unique feeling between each other.

Good raid. A bit unfavorable for melee on several fights, but I suppose that's the nature of things at times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Outside raid is nice (I am enjoying the fact that lately we are not just getting stuck in some cave/maze/keep), also the fact that some of the bosses are optional is a nice touch.

Bosses overall are good too, even Butcher, since it reminds people of Patchwerk and DPS can race there to their hearts content. Tectus has a nice unique mechanics, but it's a major pain to your camera. Imperator could honestly drop one phase, too dragged out, especially since the actual challenge comes after 3rd phase.

Warlord Kargath dying like a noob as a first boss is a bit disappointing, but at least he got a nice intro and ambience there, while Butcher, Tectus and Ko'ragh are really just standing there doing nothing, which is a bit boring, at least Brackenspore does something.

Overall it's nice plus.

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    This. I was 7/7 normal and 6/7 heroic, and I just had to tell my guild that I can't bring myself to give the effort they want for Mythic because it feels like driving in circles (the same thing with a slight difference doesn't make it any better), so I asked to be moved off the active raiding roster to take a break from raiding, and maybe the game itself.

I get that Blizzard wants to cater to as much people as possible, but three difficulties feels even worse than when we just had Normal/Heroic. I had thought that it was just Mists that had bored me, but it looks to be the game itself because it really is the same thing over and over and over in slight variations.

As far as the raid itself goes, I liked it. Challenging without being frustrating (on Normal/Heroic), relatively good balance for bosses, and IMHO the perfect size for a raid.
    Last edited by Nobleshield; 2014-12-16 at 03:18 PM.