Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I'd love see what they are looking at to cause them to stick the this hard anti-lock buff stance for so long.

Quote Originally Posted by minimoonkin View Post

Rogue damage is adressed and got buffed. Our community is completely ignored.
    Ignored? I wish. We got worked over.

Yeah don't think that 1-3% increases for rogues totally fixed their problem.

I'm so done with these idiots.

I wish the hell they would say something, I can't help but feel I am wasting gear when I can do more damage on my under-geared feral druid.

There's a lot of large scale issues to tackle across quite a few classes, especially regarding the talents, but Blizzard seems to be hesitant to do more than hotfix damage buffs after getting burned by the Rain of Fire change.

Warlocks, Shadow, Rogues, and Hunters need pretty large changes to their 100 talents which would give them performance boosts, especially in their struggling areas as those weak areas were intended to be augmented by talents that currently are not even remotely tuned or working as intended. This likely won't come until 6.1 though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    I've never seen warlocks doing low DPS in 20+ normals
    rofl. /10char

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...lty=4&sample=7

Look at where Rogues are compared to us over all fights in Highmaul. Then look through individual fights and compare our specs to theirs.

Then look at the buffs (which are certainly deserved for them). I just don't really understand.
    Last edited by PickleballAce; 2014-12-16 at 05:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    we have a couple fights where our absolute highest dps specs can perform middle pack at most, we must look totally balanced

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Just give me back RoF embers so my AoE works again

Make it so RoF only generates embers if it hits 3 or more targets, sheesh.
    That is exactly what they plan to do, they talked about it in a Q&A. The reason they cant do it until a content patch is because the tooltip needs to be fixed, and they felt it would be confusing otherwise.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shiekyerbooty View Post
    I'm so done with these idiots.

I wish the hell they would say something, I can't help but feel I am wasting gear when I can do more damage on my under-geared feral druid.
    Do you not know how to play a warlock then? At similar gear levels, sure feral will win by a bit on SINGLE TARGET. If you are doing more dmg on your feral and it is 5+ ilvls below your lock, you are just doing something wrong...or you are just better at feral, plain and simple.
    Graviity

Yep time to throw in the towel until 6.1.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravityx View Post
    That is exactly what they plan to do, they talked about it in a Q&A. The reason they cant do it until a content patch is because the tooltip needs to be fixed, and they felt it would be confusing otherwise.
    Don't get your hopes up for that. They just said that was on of the possibilities discussed, not that they were going to do it. In addition, there are plenty of tool tips that are wrong that people have asked if they're going to be fixed, and blizz has taken the "it has to be done in a patch, so eventually, but don't stress about it for now" attitude.

Fixing AoE is not a high priority for them. They heard a lot of bitching from their community about how OP locks were last expac, and this is their response.

Time to reroll or unsub.

This didn't stop them from recently nerfing Mortal Coil in raids even though the tooltip explicitly states that we gain health when the talent is used, regardless of its effect on the target.

Deleted
    Can't say I was surprised to see us left out of the last tuning patch, slightly surprised we're STILL not in one.

I'm not even THAT bothered by how mediocre we statistically are since I'm in a guild where playing better than everyone else is still an option, albeit not an easy one, but it wasn't that long ago that I was told a friend of a friend in a top 10 guild had ended up rerolling, which was kinda sad to hear since from what little I'd talked to him he seemed to like the class plenty.

I'm more bothered by the general message it broadcasts, that we're that far off the radar / down the priority list that nothing's being touched (bar the needless gutting of ROF). My gripes are more with general class design and feel than numerical output, but if they aren't even willing to tweak any numbers then there's a snowball in hell's chance of us actually getting our dodgy talents, rotation or resource systems looked at.

Over the past week in Heroic at 90th Percentile -- Highest spec:

KARGATH
    Affliction: 24.2k
    Subtlety: 23.9k

BUTCHER
    Subtlety: 24.2k
    Affliction: 24.2k

TECTUS
    Combat: 28.6k
    (Subtlety: 26.9k)
    Demonology: 26.8k

BRACKENSPORE
    Combat: 27.2k
    Destruction: 26.1k

TWIN OGRON
    Affliction: 26.1k
    Assassination: 25.9k

KO'RAGH
    Destruction: 24.0k
    Subtlety: 23.9k

IMPREGNATOR
    Combat: 27.3k
    Destruction: 27.1k
    Last edited by PickleballAce; 2014-12-16 at 06:35 AM.

Do you not know how to play a warlock then? At similar gear levels, sure feral will win by a bit on SINGLE TARGET. If you are doing more dmg on your feral and it is 5+ ilvls below your lock, you are just doing something wrong...or you are just better at feral, plain and simple.
    While I am certainly not one of the elite warlocks out there, I do rank in the top 10 % on almost every normal encounter for destro, and I can still do better DPS on my feral druid who is 12 ilvls below

http://www.wowprogress.com/character...rond/Taobender

http://www.wowprogress.com/character...akrond/Nidalia

Of course I could be wrong, but I don't think it's an l2p issue, it's simply an issue of horrible DPS balancing

EDIT : I just got the Copeland's today.....so the lock probably has pulled ahead....but it shouldn't take 12 ilvls and a rare trinket to barely pull ahead of another class
    Last edited by Shiekyerbooty; 2014-12-16 at 07:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozmondo View Post
    Yeah don't think that 1-3% increases for rogues totally fixed their problem.
    Tell that to Methods rogue that was wrecking the meters on some of the later Mythic fights (pre-buff).

--

Warlocks definitely need a bit of a buff considering that they keep buffing other classes by double-digits but at the same time I think our specs are designed in a poor way that just buffing our damage means nothing in my eyes.

Affliction: Yes, buffing the damage of Aff is probably fair but the problem with Aff is that if you don't get lucky with Multistrike Corruption Soul Shards or just nice RNG you have a very decent chance of running out of Soul Shards if you don't have like 10-15% haste unbuffed which can be hard to get based off RNG and the fact that Highmaul is clearly not itemized well, armor-wise, for Aff. Don't tell me about trinkets, weapons, etc...I know..I'm simply stating for ARMOR where there are only I believe 3 pieces with Haste (Legs/Boots/Bracers I think).

Destruction: We all know the issue here so let's not beat that dead horse any further.

Demonology: I don't really have an issue with Demo at the moment playstyle-wise as Demonbolt and Cataclysm are both very much viable talent choices.

If you play the specs properly you can do great things as a warlock currently (Destro on Margok & Brackenspore, Demo on Twin Ogrons, etc) but we definitely have issues that need to be addressed and they just aren't. They had a fucking dev Q&A where the guys said "We dislike making huge changes in hotfixes" 2 days after they nerfed rain of fire in a HUGE way via hotfix...what do they do the next day? Nerf the candle (the item they specifically said they WOULDN'T nerf via hotfix) in a hotfix. They have no idea what they are doing and the worst part is that every time they attempt to communicate with the community they cock it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Novx View Post
    They had a fucking dev Q&A where the guys said "We dislike making huge changes in hotfixes" 2 days after they nerfed rain of fire in a HUGE way via hotfix...what do they do the next day? Nerf the candle (the item they specifically said they WOULDN'T nerf via hotfix) in a hotfix. They have no idea what they are doing and the worst part is that every time they attempt to communicate with the community they cock it up.
    This. So much this.

And now we have gone from "Rogues are balanced." to Rogue hot fixes the next day.

I am honestly curious wtf is going on at Blizzard. There must be something, no one can be this two-faced / grossly incompetent.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I mean I agree warlocks do need a little bit of help, but while its a small percentage of the playerbase doing mythic this week, you guys have to be mindful on WCL that a lot of the higher parsing warlocks were private logged. After how I felt I did on the bosses we did this week (killed 4, attempted 6) relative to the other classes, while destro feels absolutely awful aoe wise, we're not THAT bad in highmaul right now.

I would really consider looking at some of the mythic parses as they become more readily available to the public via warcraftlogs as guilds finish their progression and secure their ranks before placing judgment on the state of the class (even though it feels like poop in a few cases), but I didn't feel like it was doom and gloom for the class as a whole after this first lockout, just a resounding bleh. That's just my take though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    This. So much this.

And now we have gone from "Rogues are balanced." to Rogue hot fixes the next day.

I am honestly curious wtf is going on at Blizzard. There must be something, no one can be this two-faced / grossly incompetent.
    I'd have thought a better example would be the "ROF nerf is targeted at AOE", then radio silence for a while until an interview, where suddenly the story is "oh we didn't want it in the single target rotation".

Like, is that terrible communication internally, bald faced lies, or terrible communication with the community?

Quote Originally Posted by Vathral2 View Post
    I mean I agree warlocks do need a little bit of help, but while its a small percentage of the playerbase doing mythic this week, you guys have to be mindful on WCL that a lot of the higher parsing warlocks were private logged.
    Wouldn't that apply to the other dps classes too? And besides that, should blizzard really be balancing around the absolute top percent of players that feel the need to have private logs?
    Last edited by mmoc1571eb5575; 2014-12-16 at 09:37 AM.