Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

What do you guys think of the hunter buffs? Think we can play surv/BM now?

Those hotfixes.
    Hunter
    Beast Mastery
    Improved Focus Fire now grants a 5% increase (up from 2%) to attack power for every stack of Frenzy that had been consumed.
    Survival
    Serpent Sting's damage has increased by 60%.

Think we can move away from MM? Maybe not BM because of Lone Wolf but maybe Surv? Would be amazing. I'm sure we'll get sims up and stuff.

EDIT: Just wanted to clarify as someone said it in another thread. This is not me asking for permission to play another spec. I'm just curious what people think. I like to follow FOTM and play whatever is strongest but if SV and BM were to move closer to MM and be in like a couple 100 dps of each other I would definitely choose the most fun spec or even mess around in both BM and SV
    Last edited by Argotar; 2014-12-16 at 05:17 PM.

They're already up. Changes are in. It's about a 5% buff to survival single target, which still leaves is behind MM by a pretty wide margin. It's aoe dmg is obviously quite a bit stronger.

Where does this wide margin come from? Simcraft only spots MM about 5-6% pre-buff. Warcraftlogs doesn't have a significant number of SV parses to truly validate it but 90th percentile H Butcher has SV about 5% behind as well - and that's a low movement fight.

SV is actually somewhat capable of multi-dotting now, as SrS is about 15% of overall damage, giving it an area it can shine.

MM will still dominate dungeons due to the fight length/KS burst on trash, but on a sustained fight they should be pretty close now - maybe even favoring SV in high mobility.

When did these changes went live on the EU servers? Didn't do a whole raid as survival yet (will do next reset) but i couldn't stand MM so went back to SV anyway (and didn't do to bad).

Keep in mind that the default SV profile in simc has an atrocious talent setup. With the correct talents, SV is simming fairly well compared to the default MM profile. I'm not saying SV is good now, but it's not as bad as it seems.

Deleted
    Going to do some DPS tests tonight. Totally rocking SV if it's close to my MM dps. Getting pretty sick and tired of Aimed Shot.

Oh my god... This blue post killed me:
    Why on earth would you nerf BM when it was already terrible? Or is it an oversight that it got collateral nerfed by MM?
    .That Kill Shot change has an extremely trivial (<1%) impact on Beast Mastery. With MM nerfed, BM should get some play now. (Celestalon)
    Problem is BM was already low.
    .It's difficult to say anything conclusive (UP or not) about a spec that only 1-3% of hunters play in raids. (Celestalon)
    I mean, come on! Maybe, just maybe, the fact that you only see around 2% BM hunters in raids is a slight indicator that something is a little bit off. Just a notch. Double facepalm is simply nowhere near to what I felt when I saw this post.
    Good that BM and SV are getting a 5% buffs in ST (SV got an AoE buff as well with these changes). Are they going to be used more now? Definitely. Will they be equal performance wise to MM? Not a chance.
    Last edited by Gaaz; 2014-12-16 at 08:07 AM.

Deleted
    I'm not into simcrafting. I just tested it myself in random raids and with my gear (640) and skill lvl MM after the 4,5% nerf was only very slightly ahead of SV like 1-2k DPS. With that buff to SV it will definitely be on par with MM maybe even surpass it, at least for myself. I played SV anyways.

The blue post is ridiculous indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoogens View Post
    Getting pretty sick and tired of Aimed Shot.
    You and me both.

Appreciate the buffs (gief trispec Blizz!!), but those comments are just ridiculous imo.

Also slightly off topic. Did they just pull a reverse Aspect of the Hawk on monks?

Quote Originally Posted by Xaath View Post
    Appreciate the buffs (gief trispec Blizz!!), but those comments are just ridiculous imo.

Also slightly off topic. Did they just pull a reverse Aspect of the Hawk on monks?
    Damage reduction =/= AP reduction.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaaz View Post
    Oh my god... This blue post killed me:
    I mean, come on! Maybe, just maybe, the fact that you only see around 2% BM hunters in raids is a slight indicator that something is a little bit off. Just a notch. Double facepalm is simply nowhere near to what I felt when I saw this post.
    It really feels like the devs making morons of themselves on social media becomes an integral part of balancing process nowadays. First "adjusting to the combo points" then this.

On-topic, need to try SV/BM for myself now. I mean, playing MM was a dream but the frustrating combination of TotH rng, the new mastery and AS cast time does tire one after awhile
    Last edited by Ellerain; 2014-12-16 at 09:04 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellerain View Post
    It really feels like the devs making morons of themselves on social media becomes an integral part of balancing process nowadays. First "adjusting to the combo points" then this.
    Absolutely, the reasoning is insane.
    "Wow, rollerblades sure are slow as a choice of transportation when travelling to work. Compared to the alternative, Car, it's very slow."
    "It's difficult to say anything conclusive (slow or not) about a choice of transportation that only 1-3% of men use as transportation to work."

always could play sv and now that they buffed sv to be amazing at aoe, ima fight for all those good "add duties". Another thing to note that im actually not pleased is that they buffed a passive damage source (that really didnt need to be buffed) instead of buffing the shots which add more to the competitive element.

If SV is close I'll be playing it.

Cannot stand the play style of MM. Sit at my computer groaning as I press Aimed Shot.

It boggles my mind how people can stand SV yet loathe MM, where SV is even more boring, to each their own though.

Now if they would only adjust Survival's toolkit to make the spec fun to play in pve I would be truly excited.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkPhoenix View Post
    If SV is close I'll be playing it.

Cannot stand the play style of MM. Sit at my computer groaning as I press Aimed Shot.
    For all u guys wanting to play surv, I also do, but realistically it's simply not a more fun and engaging spec than mm, rather, it's even more dull.

I used to love Survival but yall are kidding yourselves if you think Survival's going to be fun without Rapid Fire and Kill Shot. Literally no change, no big burst, nothing. You can't even properly multi-dot anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Markurius View Post
    Now if they would only adjust Survival's toolkit to make the spec fun to play in pve I would be truly excited.

For all u guys wanting to play surv, I also do, but realistically it's simply not a more fun and engaging spec than mm, rather, it's even more dull.
    No cooldowns, no opener mechanic, no execute mechanic and you don't even get to take different talents or have your pet back.

Sounds great!
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

I would like to change from BM to SV, but I remember that it has no KS and no Burst aside from talents, and then i just stay with BM/MM