How to relearn a totally new keybind setup?

For the past 6 years I have used the exact same keybinds for every character. In a few days my new mouse will be here pushing me from 2 to 12 programable buttons. So I have to really change how I have everything setup.

Any tips?

From my experience i eliminated any alternative ways to cast the spell so that i couldn't get lazy.
    As an example when i went from clicking Time Warp to using a hotkey i made the bar it was on click through on BT4 so that the only way i could cast it was using the new hotkey.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheridanjohn View Post
    From my experience i eliminated any alternative ways to cast the spell so that i couldn't get lazy.
    As an example when i went from clicking Time Warp to using a hotkey i made the bar it was on click through on BT4 so that the only way i could cast it was using the new hotkey.
    I was thinking of doing this as well. Was also thinking of doing a total reset of keybinds and playing for a day like that so i can get used to not hitting any of my keybinds but I need to do this on a day when I don't care if I suck

Quote Originally Posted by HollerTH View Post
    Was also thinking of doing a total reset of keybinds and playing for a day like that so i can get used to not hitting any of my keybinds but I need to do this on a day when I don't care if I suck
    I recommend this. I've changed my keybinds a couple of times and this works the best for me. It'll be frustrating, depending of course how drastically you change the binds but you should get used to the new binds quickly.

Some binds you use rarely will take more time to get used to, naturally.

Just time, but it's definitely worth it when you get keybinds that suit you the best.

Proving Grounds is good for keybind practice, or 40-player BGs.

I find it's better to make a total transition all at once, rather than trying to change incrementally. Then once you decide what the new key binding is going to be, stick with it; don't keep changing.