Resto Druid Healing Help

I am new to druid healing and I've been trying to work on increasing my HPS. I raided a lot in Vanilla and Burning Crusade. After Sunwell released I stopped playing the game until WoD was released.

Today my guild was working on Imperator Mar'gok on normal. I noticed on world of logs the top players are pulling 40k-50k hps during that fight on normal. I am currently at 20-25 hps. My gear score is 647 atm and believe I have decent itemization. For my gear score, is my HPS where it should be?

For the fight I was trying to keep rejuvs and germ up on the two tanks along with Lifebloom. I wouldn't use wild growth unless people were under 50% hp. I would keep my shroom down when needed. I use my healing touch as a filler.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Wow Armory
    us(dot)battle(dot)net/wow/en/character/kelthuzad/Playdooh/simple

World of Logs
    www(dot)worldoflogs(dot)com/reports/diy2vnbv8l70f62t/

Haven't used WoL in a long time, someone else can look at the logs.

Firstly, you won't do log topping healing in a small group, or will find it very difficult to. Secondly, you don't have a candle, the vast majority of top logs (if not all) were made with candle and a lot before nerf. Thirdly, topping healing logs is often a matter of how much healing your allies will LET you do, and not necessarily of how much was necessary or actually helpful. F.E - I've seen healers put out >30k HPS before first adds phase... completely wasted mana when the raid heals to full over time from mushroom etc. But if you wanted to top logs... Also use lots of tranquility, and ask for a most favourable spot if any rotation is assigned. Also ask for less healers in the raid on fights you want to do better on logs in (assuming you can heal it).

So here's what I'm saying, and this is is especially important on Imperator. Stop looking at top HPS logs. Enter first mage spawn phase on full mana (this is easy). Continue to conserve mana by healing efficiently. Have lots of mana later for when people mess up and kill the boss. Easy. Don't whore your meter, this is one fight where it largely means nothing. I generally remain lower on the meter on this fight until the reaver / last minutes of the fight where healing is needed and I have mana left because I didn't waste it on unneeded healing earlier.

If you want to top logs try this: Aka spam rejuv from the start where it isn't needed and hope nobody messes up later because you lost half your mana. Also use tranq.

www(.)warcraftlogs(.)com/reports/FX8kWVpGntdNvTyD#fight=16&type=healing&pins=0%24Separate%24%23244F4B%24resources%240%240.0 .0.Any%240.0.0.Any%24true%240.0.0.Any%24false%240%24100%5E0%24Separate%24%23909049%24resou rces%240%24109599191.0.0.Druid%240.0.0.Any%24true%240.0.0.Any%24false%240%24100%5E0%24Sepa rate%24%23a04D8A%24healing%240%240.0.0.Any%24109599191.0.0.Druid%24true%240.0.0.Any%24fals e%240

Mana/HPS Meters from my last HC imperator kill - Nobody low toward the end, nobody dieing either. 651 ilevel at the time.

gyazo(.)com/69476ace856ba20c54eaf640e5e25108

You have 3 healers in a 10 player group, you cannot possibly get high healing numbers like that. Looking at your 11:12 attempt, the raid took about 80k dps over the whole fight, that leaves less than 25k HPS for each healer. Doing more would mean sniping heals from the other healers (which would be stupid).

I haven't done a raid with that small number of players yet so I'm not sure if that's directly comparable. I seem to be relying on Wild Growth much more, but that's only good if you can consistently hit 6 players (in which case WG is much more efficient than other spells). You still might want to boost your haste to 900. Other than that, your overhealing looks fine. If you have trouble keeping people up against spike damage (like Arcane Wrath), you can try Glyph of Regrowth (I would recommend it personally).

Oh, and don't compare your HPS to healers in groups with more players. Or, at least remove the Tranquility healing from the comparison, because in a 20 man group it does 2x as much healing as in a 10 man group. So don't just look at the numbers, they are inflated by Tranq.

First, like Thalur said, dont bother with logs. You are comparing your HPS in a 10m group (or 11, 12... same thing) with HPS in up to 30m groups. Just shrooms and tranquility make it pointless to compare, they would heal for WAY MUCH in 30m setup.
    Second : 3 healers for a group of 10 is too much. I did last night a clear with 11 players and only 2 healers, myself (druid) and pala. It's doable, try it ! Ended up at 30k HPS, exactly like the paladin. Try to stack as much spirit as you can. Phase 1, 2 and transition 1 are really easy. Entering p3 you should be around 60/70% mana. Use your channeled mana pot during p3 after the mine and let your Spirit do the job. Druid suck at mana regen for this fight but you have to manage it. Save Tranq at the end of transition phases, when small adds are dying

Good luck
    Last edited by Alianthos; 2014-12-16 at 02:29 PM.

i checked out your armory. And i am also @ ilvl 647Resto Druid. Doing about 28+K on Imperator. Only up to pahse 3. The 2 cents i can provide are the following:

900 Haste rating for extra tick on WG minimum - you are currently @ 664 haste rating

IMO Heart of the Wilde > Nature's Vigil (HotW gives 35% healing increase for 45seconds - OP)

I also have a 630 weapon. But i would recommend farm Shadowmoon Burial Ground for the haste/multistrike staff.

And enchant it with Mark of the Shadowmoon. It only cost 3 Crystals and give you 500 spirit for 12 secs (40sec ICD).

With a bit more haste, the enchant on a decent 630 weapon and a good Healing Cooldown rotation your HPS should go up dramatically.

If you start running HotW you would have 3 Healing CDs. 2 @3min CD and 1 @6 min. Imperator is a really long fight time your CDs accordingly with other healers, specially intermissions and phase 3-4.

You'll be able to use HotW 2ice (45secs 35% extra healing)x2!

Deleted
    You should plan using your cds like tranq/ incarnation