Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by onedirection View Post
    if it is fun you're looking for then you're not missing anything
    Lots of fun in the garrison.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    Which is all RNG based on the abilities/traits you actually get. Preparing for these missions require a lot of work too. It will get easier sure since you'll level up more epic followers but it's hard for people who haven't had the time/didn't understand to get salvage yard level 3 and war mill early as well as spam missions. Maybe it was easy for you but you were probably also prepared for all of this (or just very lucky).
    Didn't even read about the expansion before it launched, other than the occasional glance at mmo-c to see that there was this thing called "garrisons" in wod, or whatever, and something about how they were working on its interface.

I got a barracks because to me it made sense that 25 followers > 20 followers, and salvage yard because it was free items and small buildings for tradeskills I don't have seemed pointless. Didn't even use war mill until I had lvl 3 of all buildings, only building it because I thought the free seal would be a big deal (which it sadly isn't).

I'm sure the guys who knew what hey were doing had 25 epic followers within the first 2-3 weeks, with several of them ready to do the highers ilvl missions. It has been a lot more than that by now. If you don't also, it's not because the system is complicated, or you're unlucky, it's because you're not gaming it, which isn't RNG, it's just you not playing the game well enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post
    I'm sure the guys who knew what hey were doing had 25 epic followers within the first 2-3 weeks
    This proves how ignorant you are . I got _one_ follower upgraded to epic on my main. The rest I had to level up. I'm not even close to 25 epic followers. I might get there next week. And I've been spamming missions every day since release.

This proves how ignorant you are . I got _one_ follower upgraded to epic on my main. The rest I had to level up. I'm not even close to 25 epic followers. I might get there next week. And I've been spamming missions every day since release.
    There is some luck involved. I have one toon where I have around 20 epic followers. I have a couple more that could have had that many, but don't. If you don't get a few upgrades at the start then it will be kind of a slog to get them all purple and level 100, but at most it will take 2-4 weeks.

There are also ensured epic followers that everyone can obtain, croman, leeroy, meatball and millhouse. I really wasnt that lucky with my amount of epic followers, I got 1 while lvling and another 1 while gathering them at lvl 100. However lvling a follower to epic really doesnt take that long if you use all lvl 100, lvl 100 (615 ilvl) and lvl 100 (630 ilvl) xp missions. Get a few fast learners/group xp followers in here and there and you can lvl multiple followers to epic every week.

I didn't read shit about garrisons/WoD because I wanted a bit of discovery for myself and it was rather nice even though a lot slower than my alts. Some silly to get to treasures and it was amazing without wowhead. I got no epic followers from leveling on my main. I got the Epic Buddy achiev from Leeroy. I'm at 16 epic followers, 5 x645 and 1x 651 (cause achievements are nice).

These are the upgrade items I have (and shameless trinket whoring because you can never have enough space):

I have no idea what most people are doing that they are struggling with follower items because I'm not on 6 chars.

Deleted
    I got no epic followers other than the ones that are epic by default, I leveled all of them and quite a bunch even startet out level 90 an green (the ones i got from the inn).
    I have about 30 epic followers by now (i deactivate one about every 3 days and level another from 90 to 100 and epic), about 15 are ilvl 645+, the rest is ilvl 630 and i have about 150 ilvl worth of upgrades for both armor and weapons in my inventory waiting to be spent on any follower that rolls good traits and is needed for a mission that pops up.

The guy you quotet isn't ignorant, he said you need to know what you are doing, which you obviously are not.

There are more than enough level 100 exp missions which can be boosted by bonus exp and epic mounts to carry one or two followers, depending on the amount of counter-abilities needed.
    If you know what you are doing you also have constant resource cap (10k) by now and have no problem keeping your war mill busy producing ilvl upgrades. Followers produce TONS of garrison resources.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyand1337 View Post
    I got no epic followers other than the ones that are epic by default, I leveled all of them and quite a bunch even startet out level 90 an green (the ones i got from the inn).
    I have about 30 epic followers by now (i deactivate one about every 3 days and level another from 90 to 100 and epic), about 15 are ilvl 645+, the rest is ilvl 630 and i have about 150 ilvl worth of upgrades for both armor and weapons in my inventory waiting to be spent on any follower that rolls good traits and is needed for a mission that pops up.

The guy you quotet isn't ignorant, he said you need to know what you are doing, which you obviously are not.

There are more than enough level 100 exp missions which can be boosted by bonus exp and epic mounts to carry one or two followers, depending on the amount of counter-abilities needed.
    If you know what you are doing you also have constant resource cap (10k) by now and have no problem keeping your war mill busy producing ilvl upgrades. Followers produce TONS of garrison resources.
    I believe you 100%.

Deleted
    Which part do you not believe? That I didn't get any epic followers in the beginning? That leveling from 90 to 100 takes about a day and green to epic about two days?
    The constant 10k resource cap from follower missions alone? Gotta admit, I drop to about 9.7k a couple of times per day when I put new work orders to my war mill and send my followers out on new missions, but luckily there's at least 5 missions per day that award 120-150 GR when done by the correct followers and every now and then theres one of the big missions that award up to 1225 GR

Deleted
    To be fair most people were clueless about the follower system and it's benefits early on. It's true that everyone could have 25 epic followers by now and enough gear upgrades to upgrade enough of them to 645. That is if you spammed missions, had the right buildings early on, knew to have followers in the right level brackets for missions and knew which abilities and traits to look for in followers.

Not everyone knew how powerful the racial traits are either, and they can easily fill in for a missing ability counter if you somehow got so unlucky that 25 epic followers can't do the missions on their own. How many people checked which counters were rare as default abilities in followers and which ones were common?

A lot of people assumed garrisons wouldn't give anything with a huge impact. I was prepared personally but a lot of people in my raid team weren't or just couldn't bother. It's a bit silly how big of an impact they make for Mythic gearing, especially for guilds that are only starting out in Mythic now.
    Last edited by mmoc7960b93d6c; 2014-12-20 at 12:13 AM.