Deleted

Low FPS on Medium PC

Hi everyone.

What happened
    My pc just went downhill after the latest driver update. Something weird happened, while the driver was being updated, my screen was flickering and turned off. I believe this is normal, but suddenly after the update, the resolution got messed over, everything became bigger, something like running windows in safe mode but with windows 7 fonts. Note that I still hadn't installed the new driver then (i needed to restart for the uninstall to work). When the pc booted, I reinstalled the new driver and the resolution still remained the same, nothing could fix it. After a couple of hours I got tired of it and decided to roll back my pc. I rolled it back to 1 day before the problem. The resolution was fixed and everything seemed fine.

The problem at the moment
    I logged on wow and my FPS was just utter crap. In areas (Garrison) where I normally have 100+ fps, I had 35-40. The biggest problem is when I turn my mouse and view the larger landscapes or when I fly over to another place. This just completely destroys my frames per second and even my audio starts lagging. I managed to tweak it a little and it's much better than 3 days ago, but still, the landscape issue remains. I never had fps drops when viewing the landscape before, but after the mess-up its just unbearable.

My pc specs and OS
    AMD FX 8350 (OC'd to 4.4Ghz)
    HD Radeon 6850
    8 GB Ram
    Windows 7 Home Premium
    Sony Bravia HDTV (not sure if this is important, I'm using a HDMI cable straight from the HDTV to my GPU)
    (Can add more if needed.)

I could easily keep up 50-80 fps in world while looking around with my camera, now every time I do it, my pc is just becoming choppy and stutters. If anyone could help me out, or give me any advice, I would greatly appreciate it.

EDIT: screenshot of me standing in Warspear : http://imgur.com/7WoUwjm,2agjmI2
    screenshot of me having a view : http://imgur.com/7WoUwjm,2agjmI2#1
    EDIT 2 : My brother has a nearly identical PC, he has an FX 6300 and 7870 but he's running everything on high including shadows etc. While I can barely keep it up on good. (With shadows and all the others disabled)
    Notice the difference in FPS
    Last edited by mmoc6768e793f8; 2014-12-16 at 10:38 AM. Reason: Added pics

Deleted
    Me and my friend have also experienced trouble with performance, after installing a new driver.
    We also had HD Radeon´s..

We found out that installing the newest drivers, is not always the best option.. We went back to an older version of the driver, and that solved our problem.

Be sure the driver you install was compatible with your HD Radeon 6850.. And be sure you didnt download a beta version of the driver - That can cause problems aswell.

Deleted
    I am doing the above just to be safe, reinstalling the drivers again.

Ive heard of some issues with the new AMD omega drivers as well. Reverting would be the best option for a couple of weeks,
    Personal Rig: AMD FX-8350 / Gigabyte Windforce G1-GAMING GTX 980 / 8-GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1600Mhz / EVGA SuperNOVA 750w PSU / Corsair Carbide Air 540 / NZXT Kraken x60

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezrow View Post
    Ive heard of some issues with the new AMD omega drivers as well. Reverting would be the best option for a couple of weeks,
    To which one would you suggest? I have reverted it to the one before the current Omega drivers but the problem persists. Should I revert to an earlier driver than the one before Omega?

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dahakka View Post
    To which one would you suggest? I have reverted it to the one before the current Omega drivers but the problem persists. Should I revert to an earlier driver than the one before Omega?
    Read the notes and if any of the changes don't effect you then yes try going back one more version.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

Deleted
    Fixed! Got older drivers and CCleaned everything off my pc. Then just took out and reinserted everything, everything is smooth as hell again. Tyvm

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Fixed! Got older drivers and CCleaned everything off my pc. Then just took out and reinserted everything, everything is smooth as hell again. Tyvm
    I would keep an eye out for stable drivers so that you can update them later for compatibilities and such, but glad to hear you're back to normal.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

There is an option somewhere in AMD/Nvidia settings to opt out of beta drivers - do dat.
    Beta drivers no good 80% of the time :'(
    i7-6700k @ 4.4ghz \ EVGA GTX 1080 FTW \ MSI z170a Carbon \ corsair hx 850 mod \ 16gb savage 2666 \ 4tb raid 1 wd black \ 256gb 600p m.2pcie
    HakudoshiFarsaj

Quote Originally Posted by Vampz View Post
    There is an option somewhere in AMD/Nvidia settings to opt out of beta drivers - do dat.
    Beta drivers no good 80% of the time :'(
    Problem is with the new AMD omega driver BS thats been floating around. AMD states that their "omega drivers" are the most tested drivers they offer but for some reason they are causing more issues than they are fixing. The latest update was the Omega Driver....
    Personal Rig: AMD FX-8350 / Gigabyte Windforce G1-GAMING GTX 980 / 8-GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1600Mhz / EVGA SuperNOVA 750w PSU / Corsair Carbide Air 540 / NZXT Kraken x60