Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alroxas View Post
    Ah but a raider could have alts working on making burnished leather because the final items are still BoEs. We've seen this already with inscription so I don't see why it wouldn't work for other professions aside from raw mat gathering. However, alt army aside, there's also the pathway of buying the gear (as seen already with the selling of BoEs both on the AH and BMAH).

If there was no limit, then basically you would have alt armies making items to send to mains (or selling to mains) for every gear slot that could have an item. Your only real limit might be the savage blood necessary for all the upgrade tokens.
    I suppose. But, well... so what? I mean, I can buy those (and have always been able to buy those) from the AH. The fact that people could have alts crafting them isn't a real problem unless there's a economy impact I suppose.

The reason for this, and I dont know if this has been mentioned in the thread yet, is because by limiting the amount of crafted items you can wear, they allowed players to make more varied pieces and allowed them to be much more powerful that in expansions past. Blizzard said this a little over a year ago when the question was brought up on Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Annarion View Post
    Pay to win only applies to real currency. Sorry, but if you grind up a ton of gold in game, how is that different than grinding up a ton of apexis crystals or boss kills? Sure, you can simply play the AH, but you're still playing the game. Pay to win is where you make a transaction outside of the game world, that results in a direct improvement to player power.
    Pay2Win does not apply to whether or not people do pay to win, but purely on the fact that you can pay2win.