Do we have garrison mine / garden because of ...bots?

I am sorry if this has been brought up before, it just occurred to me:

Do we have garrison mine / garden plus maybe the profession design where everything is on a cooldown because of bots???

Ie, did Blizzard do this because they wanted to get rid of gathering bots?????

I am starting to think this is the case, and, if so, the fix appears to be worse than the disease. Otherwise, why not make mine / garden small buildings, similarly to other professions, and restrict stones / seeds to gatherers so that whoever has the gathering profession gets more out of these buildings - that would be logical, no? Doing it this way also wouldn't have ruined material markets, but I guess this is a side effect. But nooooo, everyone should have mine / garden - and it just begs the question: why? "Because bots" seems the most likely answer.

What do you think?

This can have far-reaching consequences. What else are they going to do because they can't deal with bots via regular means (watch / take reports / ban)? Remove honor rewards from BGs? Nerf drops in old instances? Nerf xp from mob kills?
    Last edited by rda; 2014-12-16 at 11:59 AM.

they already nerfed the xp from mob kills, if u spamkill in the same place for 10 min, u start getting xp loss

Deleted
    Pretty sure that's the main reason. They tried other approaches, so instead of fighting bots they now are taking away the 'need' to bot. Which I as a legit player fucking love.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's because literally every recipe requires either an herb or an ore in Warlords, so, I blame the horrible profession system that decided to go to.

Quote Originally Posted by Erzengel View Post
    Pretty sure that's the main reason. They tried other approaches, so instead of fighting bots they now are taking away the 'need' to bot. Which I as a legit player fucking love.
    The price is no market for materials, having to log in every day to do profession cooldowns in order to craft anything, and very limited crafting output even after you log in every day. All that because they can't or won't fight bots... Meh.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    The price is no market for materials, having to log in every day to do profession cooldowns in order to craft anything, and very limited crafting output even after you log in every day. All that because they can't or won't fight bots... Meh.
    But you can only have 3 crafted warlords items per character... soooo, it ends quickly.
    ------------------------------------------
    Graybeard AH Junkie

Deleted
    For me that's a trade-off I'm willing to make in the blink of an eye.

What killed professions is the BoP mats for everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

I think because casual bs is a more legitimate answer but well. But well the whole profession system wasn't particularly good before and is now total shit anyways. Gating everything and their mother behind daily cooldowns is still fucking retarded.
    Actually combating bots would mean not banning them every few months "to catch as many as possible" but in a rather fast manner but that would require money.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2014-12-18 at 05:51 PM.

I am sorry if this has been brought up before, it just occurred to me:

Do we have garrison mine / garden plus maybe the profession design where everything is on a cooldown because of bots???

Ie, did Blizzard do this because they wanted to get rid of gathering bots?????

I am starting to think this is the case, and, if so, the fix appears to be worse than the disease. Otherwise, why not make mine / garden small buildings, similarly to other professions, and restrict stones / seeds to gatherers so that whoever has the gathering profession gets more out of these buildings - that would be logical, no? Doing it this way also wouldn't have ruined material markets, but I guess this is a side effect. But nooooo, everyone should have mine / garden - and it just begs the question: why? "Because bots" seems the most likely answer.

What do you think?

This can have far-reaching consequences. What else are they going to do because they can't deal with bots via regular means (watch / take reports / ban)? Remove honor rewards from BGs? Nerf drops in old instances? Nerf xp from mob kills?
    kind of. It's more of trying to fight the main reason flying is so important. Without the need to go out of your garrison and farm mats you won't be as angry flight pathing/ground running to your destinations as you would running in the same path over and over and getting angry at the geography. But you are correct because people would probably flat out refuse to do this and bots would become extremely prevalent.

Back inn vanilla wow recipes was hard to get. Spwans from vendor, world drops, long rep grinds etc.

Raid mats, so you had to be raiding or be rich. And raiding didnt get you mats always = had to have some "rep" inn the guild, like when I got naxx40 mats for my gloves enchant I was told to link to officer right away when it was done. It was a trust given to me, that I got thoes rare mats.

Since TBC getting recipes for your proffesions has been cake walk. Thats why Im proud off my LW recipe collection, having only missed 4 TBC recipes (Witch I farm for all 3) and now UBRS recipe that is gone 4-ever...
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO