Baseline Stats for Normal/Heroic Highmaul?

Hey guys. Our Guild is progressing into highmaul, and we're running into some roadbumps. We're stuck on Techtus/Brackenspore, and while we're getting the mechanics down pretty well, we're just not making it happen. On brackenspore we get him within execute range, but the moss just becomes too much to handle and the flamethrowers eventually overheat. On Techtus I believe it's taking us to many upheavals to kill his first/second form.

I'm hoping some people out there could give me a rough idea of where we should be in both normal and heroic both DPS and HPS wise. I know that the cliche response is that it takes the DPS for you to complete the counter and not any more, but let's be real, if everyone is pulling 8k or something you're going to hit enrage timers, etc. I'm just looking for a good number we can look at and see where we are in relation to where we should be so we know where we have to work on things. I'm going to work on doing logs for this next week so I can really flesh out what is going wrong, but this would be helpful in the meantime!

Thanks for taking the time to read/respond.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Calm View Post
    Hey guys. Our Guild is progressing into highmaul, and we're running into some roadbumps. We're stuck on Techtus/Brackenspore, and while we're getting the mechanics down pretty well, we're just not making it happen. On brackenspore we get him within execute range, but the moss just becomes too much to handle and the flamethrowers eventually overheat. On Techtus I believe it's taking us to many upheavals to kill his first/second form.

I'm hoping some people out there could give me a rough idea of where we should be in both normal and heroic both DPS and HPS wise. I know that the cliche response is that it takes the DPS for you to complete the counter and not any more, but let's be real, if everyone is pulling 8k or something you're going to hit enrage timers, etc. I'm just looking for a good number we can look at and see where we are in relation to where we should be so we know where we have to work on things. I'm going to work on doing logs for this next week so I can really flesh out what is going wrong, but this would be helpful in the meantime!

Thanks for taking the time to read/respond.
    Tell your flamethrowers to not let the flamethrower overheat under any circumstance. It will take even longer for it to begin cooling down than if you were to just turn it off.

Do you have any logs i can take a look at?

On tectus he should die on the first upheaval. Pop 2-3 min cooldowns do not bloodlust. 2nd phase both shards should get 1 upheaval each but the 2nd one should upheaval at the same time that the other one dies so it's over when the motes arrive. Make sure to coordinate healing cd's for every upheaval. 1-2 should be enough with effects such as amplify magic and small defensives from your raid team.

Also on Brackenspore towards the end of the fight there will be a lot of Moss. It might be worth to stop running around clearing it out randomly and just clearing moss that spawns like on you/on the boss for the last bit of hp. This will prevent them from overheating the flamethrower and you will always be able to have th boss somewhere. In addition always keep blue shrooms up for as long as possible. you can use CDs for 1-2 AOE dmg things and stay in the blue shroom.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pur1tas View Post
    Also on Brackenspore towards the end of the fight there will be a lot of Moss. It might be worth to stop running around clearing it out randomly and just clearing moss that spawns like on you/on the boss for the last bit of hp. This will prevent them from overheating the flamethrower and you will always be able to have th boss somewhere. In addition always keep blue shrooms up for as long as possible. you can use CDs for 1-2 AOE dmg things and stay in the blue shroom.
    I should have included this in my post aswell. These are some very valid strategical tips. But whatever you do do not let the boss sit in moss or you will have an enrage timer on your ass.

Deleted
    For Brackenspore

Let the Flamethrower person use this macro to quickly start and stop it:

/click ExtraActionButton1

you can test it before the pull if its works or not. We were doing 2x Shadowpriest for the flamethrower. i gues any class with a movement speed buff can do this task pritty good. For Spriest just use feathers before activating and quick kill all green stuff in a matter of seconds before deactivating it. Together with a insane Buff our shadows with flamer were near the Top dps one @23k dps the other with 21k dps. The other dps varied from 16k dps to 22k. i Dont know much about healers but make sure you have your green and blue shrooms ready when you need them. If the persons with tthe flamethrower know what they are doing the fight is already won. We made the kill in 9:13 sec. with an enragetimer of 10 min. Logs for detail information.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/y...=10943&e=11497

if you have any questions about the flamethrower person i can give you a helping hand since i have experience in that category. Average item lv was probly around 640.
    Last edited by mmoc5f5f54ff7d; 2014-12-16 at 03:58 PM.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...ty=3&bracket=1

Just go here and pick a boss from the drop down menu. Go to the "slower" kills and look at their dps to get an idea of whats needed to kill the boss. Most of the stuff people post here is complete bullshit, somehow they all manage to do 20k+ dps in quest greens topping the meters in a underpowered class while semi afk.

We just cleared heroic Tectus, Twin Ogron and Brackenspore on our first night of attempts. Our raid is about 645-650 ilevel for the most part, with a few of us closer to 660. The moss is definitely the limiting factor for brackenspore. We found that if given the choice between a green or blue mushroom, we use the blue and use smoke bomb or personal cooldowns or whatever we need to do to survive. Top DPS were doing about 28 or 29k, low end doing about 18-19k.

Tectus was a one shot, he seemed quite easy on heroic, though we were running right up against the enrage timer due to a few early deaths by dps. Ranged have a bit of a tough time since they have to avoid all the red shit on the ground.

As far as baseline stats, I don't really know. I would just make sure you're in the 640 range for normal, then the 650 range in ilevel for heroic. Higher is better. Make sure all dps are pre-potting, using the best flask and food (anyone with a barn churns out feasts). Several fights seem like DPS races, so it's critical your dps bring the pain. As you get more gear, this will ease up of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Varabently View Post
    We just cleared heroic Tectus, Twin Ogron and Brackenspore on our first night of attempts. Our raid is about 645-650 ilevel for the most part, with a few of us closer to 660. The moss is definitely the limiting factor for brackenspore. We found that if given the choice between a green or blue mushroom, we use the blue and use smoke bomb or personal cooldowns or whatever we need to do to survive. Top DPS were doing about 28 or 29k, low end doing about 18-19k.

Tectus was a one shot, he seemed quite easy on heroic, though we were running right up against the enrage timer due to a few early deaths by dps. Ranged have a bit of a tough time since they have to avoid all the red shit on the ground.

As far as baseline stats, I don't really know. I would just make sure you're in the 640 range for normal, then the 650 range in ilevel for heroic. Higher is better. Make sure all dps are pre-potting, using the best flask and food (anyone with a barn churns out feasts). Several fights seem like DPS races, so it's critical your dps bring the pain. As you get more gear, this will ease up of course.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

This goes back to my previous post. You had 5 people on your brackenspore kill lower than what you claimed your low end was. Though your average excl tanks was 21k which is pretty darn good. (I'm not trying to call you out - your post was helpful but its just information tends to be quite inaccurate despite peoples best intentions)

10+ Year Old Account
    My guild originally killed Normal Tectus and Brackenspore with our dps sitting between 13k-21k. Any less and you're going to have some major problems.

I do the flamethrowing on Bracken and first of all, do what this person said:

Quote Originally Posted by Saltshak3r View Post
    /click ExtraActionButton1
    Your flamethrowers ABSOLUTELY need this macro keybound.

Secondly, assign mobile ranged DPS to do the flamethrowing. I personally recommend hunters or frost mages because they can do damage while moving. A speed boost is not required for this task.

Thirdly, do NOT let the flamethrowers overheat at any point or you will quickly be overwhelmed with moss.

Fourthly, the best way to clear moss is to position yourself in a spot where you can rotate your character and hit 2-3 pieces within one second. Simply turn on the flamethrower, rotate (very little actual movement required), and then turn the flamethrower off. All of this must happen within about one second or else you're wasting flamethrower fuel. After that, continue to dps the boss while moving to another spot with 2-3 moss, then flick on the flamethrower for 1 second again. Rinse and repeat.

Edit: Logs of our first kill: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done
    Last edited by Forgettable; 2014-12-16 at 03:44 PM.

Just found that one of our members posted up logs. We ended up getting a brackenspore kill this week but we did so with a lot of help from pugs that were pulling more of their share of the weight.

Here's a brackenspore kill.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ummary&fight=6

Top 2 mages are pugs (friends of guild mates who were in there to help us out) as well as the ele shaman, the rest are ours.

Here's our best effort on Techtus
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ummary&fight=9

Another Techtus
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...mmary&fight=10

Our Closest on butcher heroic
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ummary&fight=1

Sorry, I don't know why we only have our brackenspore kill on there, there were like 15-20 wipes there could have been logs for.

Like I said, we definitely need some work and I think a big reason we cleared brackenspore this week were some pugs stepping in. Input appreciated!