Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeches View Post
    "THIS HAS NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE" *doesnt link a source*

"no, it has, like 2 dozen times and probably more than that" "LINK YOUR SOURCE BRO"

I really like these kind of discussions
    You contested my claim. burden of proof is on you.
    Last edited by mmoc3a779c5103; 2014-12-17 at 09:10 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeches View Post
    glad + prot was nerfed by 7% literally like 15 days ago. You didn't even have to look back that far to be proven wrong
    So first you say "NERFED BY 15% THE OTHER DAY!" Then you say "Nerfed by 7%" and that somehow proves me wrong how exactly?

Also as I said, they nerfed ONLY specific moves, which over the entire course of fighting is not as much as a 15% decrease is ALL abilities.

Protection
    Revenge damage has been reduced by 20%.
    Shield Slam damage has been reduced by 20%.

I'm unsure if you are extremely dense or just enjoy speaking utter nonsense.

Also, I whilst agree that WW was strong in some Aspects of the game to an extent, Blizzard has once again shown they cannot balance properly. Instead of just reducing Monks OVERALL damage in PvE, they could have very well balanced monks out by nerfing SEF for their amazing Cleave and reduced the damage of select moves.

Since if they reduced the damage of a move that was integral to PvE but not as needed in PvP monks could still have our Strength in PvP without getting Nerfed because of in PvE. Blanket nerfing overall damage increasing passives is just bad balancing when it comes to a game with PvE and PvP..

Quote Originally Posted by Karrados View Post
    It's just hilarious that WW monks have to use all of their skills, have perfect keybinds etc while a fury warrior just activates his cooldowns > bladestorm > Dead monk.

edit: Not even kidding, went up against a Fury warrior as a Brewmaster with 210k hp + activated guard (60k~) and he killed me in the bladestorm. what's the cooldown on that thing, 1 minute?
    Maybe you should have used either flying serpent kick or roll to get away instead of being awful?

Quote Originally Posted by Rinnegan View Post

Rinnegan is a liar. Burden of proof is on you to contest it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brianjosel View Post
    Rinnegan is a liar. Burden of proof is on you to contest it.
    I'm not. There you go.

I'm not. There you go.
    I'm gonna need some sources on that.

Its almost like they never should have buffed all monk abilities 20% back when we were still 90....

how is it even possible? the damage of all abilities was nerfed by 15% and still there are WW monks playing at 2400+ in 3s and 2s(!). Voltariux or whatever his name is even has 2500+ rating in 2s!!! wtf?! The damage of our abilities was average in PvP and then it got nerfed by 15%(!!!) because of PvE. HOW in hell does he kill a healer. I play at 2.1 rating and I strugglled killing a healer in 2s PRE 15 nerf. Now it's impossible for me. And still there is this Voltariux going strong at 2500. I wish he wasnt up there because now Blizzard will always say: just play as good as Voltariux. Your class is fine.
    These ppl got there before the nerfs. Reset their rating and watch them never get there again as a WW. Any who do after the nerfs are being carried by their partners damage.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

You're only as good as your team speaking with 3s of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    Those 15-30% were to specific moves, and even out at most to 3.5-5% damage nerf.

Monk have a 15% actual Damage decrease. It is much worse.

Also, Vol is not playing WW, he is playing Brewmaster.
    I was wondering about this. I figured any high ranking Monk right now is probably BrM.

I'm not sure where you're getting your math from, but when did monks get a 15% nerf?

They previously did (100% Base + 20% RSK + 10% Stance) damage. They now do (100% Base + 10% RSK + 5% Stance) damage. 115/130 isn't 15% its closer to 10% (~11.5%)

Like, the damage nerf sucks (and isn't at all target in the right places *cough* SEF *cough*), but its not 15%.

Quote Originally Posted by Karrados View Post
    It's just hilarious that WW monks have to use all of their skills, have perfect keybinds etc while a fury warrior just activates his cooldowns > bladestorm > Dead monk.

edit: Not even kidding, went up against a Fury warrior as a Brewmaster with 210k hp + activated guard (60k~) and he killed me in the bladestorm. what's the cooldown on that thing, 1 minute?
    Maybe standing in bladestorm is the issue and not the warrior using bladestorm? Also, how do you get caught in BS as a monk? Roll or flying kick out of it.

Oh and you talk about 2v2 ratings like they matter and omg you can't solo a healer, welcome to WoD pvp, healers are strong. If you are soloing a healer you are A) OP and need a nerf. B) The healer is just bad. C) The healers partner is a scrub who doesn't know how to peel. D) You're not even playing at 2k plus, or E) All of the above.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by larktheslark View Post
    I'm not sure where you're getting your math from, but when did monks get a 15% nerf?

They previously did (100% Base + 20% RSK + 10% Stance) damage. They now do (100% Base + 10% RSK + 5% Stance) damage. 115/130 isn't 15% its closer to 10% (~11.5%)

Like, the damage nerf sucks (and isn't at all target in the right places *cough* SEF *cough*), but its not 15%.
    the only thing not affected by the nerfs are autohits which do marginal damage. so yes it is infact a 15% nerf.

cheers.

the only thing not affected by the nerfs are autohits which do marginal damage. so yes it is infact a 15% nerf.

cheers.
    Wat? Did you even read what he said? Also, auto attacks are not anywhere near marginal. As he proved, it's a 11.5% nerf, but not all of the nerfs affect auto attacks, like you said, meaning it's (again, like he said) closer to 10%.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Wat? Did you even read what he said? Also, auto attacks are not anywhere near marginal. As he proved, it's a 11.5% nerf, but not all of the nerfs affect auto attacks, like you said, meaning it's (again, like he said) closer to 10%.
    yep, still my fof hits for 15% less. RIDDLE ME DAT, brotha!

yep, still my fof hits for 15% less. RIDDLE ME DAT, brotha!
    Do you even know what your talking about? Okay easy explanation certain moves like FoF got a nerf from 130% to 115%. But that is not a 15% damage nerf because 15% of 130 is 19.5 and we only got dropped to 115 not 110.5. Also auto attacks are a major part of our damage and they are not affected by the nerf so it is even less than a 10% Total damage nerf. But individual moves like blackout kick or FoF got an 11.5% nerf. So in fact your FoF does not do 15% less damage...

Usually the burden of proof is on the one making claims.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mcsauce View Post
    Do you even know what your talking about? Okay easy explanation certain moves like FoF got a nerf from 130% to 115%. But that is not a 15% damage nerf because 15% of 130 is 19.5 and we only got dropped to 115 not 110.5. Also auto attacks are a major part of our damage and they are not affected by the nerf so it is even less than a 10% Total damage nerf. But individual moves like blackout kick or FoF got an 11.5% nerf. So in fact your FoF does not do 15% less damage...
    He's gonna need a source on that. Probably to one on how the mechanics are applied, additive or multiplicative.

(So just a tooltip link probably)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Usually the burden of proof is on the one making claims.
    no, because the one making the claim can't know that someone would try and contest the claim.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mcsauce View Post
    but it does. I tested it on target dummy and recount. such knowledge, doe.

lol a monk that gets killed by bladestorm? really funny. pro tip of the day: keybind "roll" or "tiger lust" and press the key, and afterwards press an "move in any direction" key.

Most people would really love to be able to run away from a monks permastunning fist of fury.

7+ Year Old Account
    no, because the one making the claim can't know that someone would try and contest the claim.

- - - Updated - - -

but it does. I tested it on target dummy and recount. such knowledge, doe.
    You have maths in your face and you refute it?

Counter it with math that proves you right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Brolibear!
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    Ladies know and love his caaaaaause! It is the Panda with the Chainsaw claaaaaws!