Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Talking Help with my dps please! Any pointers welcome!

Armory Link: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/proudmoore/skinhammer/simple
    Alternate Specs: none, I'm just focusing on FV/DP
    Warcraftlobs Link: warcraftlogs.com/reports/3fBr2atXnQNxdHMJ
    Questions, Concerns, Expectations: I'm just extremely concerned that I'm not reaching the amount of DPS I feel my gear should bring me up to. When dummy testing, my DPS lines up along my simcraft's theoretical DPS just fine, which means I must be doing something wrong in the game's mechanics during pulls. Any pointers on where my DPS is slacking during a pull would be appreciated!
    Description of Playstyle: I'm a classic DP/FV using 4 tier set, trying to focus on Mastery then Multistrike. I'm weaving constantly regardless if a fight is AOE or single target so that my rotation stays relatively consistent. I have CLCRet as a guideline, but don't follow it to a T since I feel like it doesn't factor in the procs from DP and 4-tier set well enough. My attention isn't the keenest so I don't BOP or HoSac others as much as I should.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!
    Last edited by skinhammer; 2015-03-27 at 09:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leero View Post
    Armory Link:
    us.battle.net/wow/pt/character/azralon/Leero/advanced
    Alternate Specs:
    Prot.
    Worldoflogs Link:
    reports/FJLHY1KhraAbXDmW#fight=17&type=damage-done
    Questions, concerns, expectations:
    low dps anytime, any help is valid.
    I use CLCretr, but nothing has changed
    thx all
    AW has some pretty big delays between uses on a few of the fights, the longest of which pretty much missed an entire usage.

Strength pot usage is inconsistent. 2nd pot should ideally line up with another AW usage.

Rotationally, for not having the 4p, your rotation priority is off by quite a bit. HoW > CS > Judgement > Exo for HoPo builders. It seems you are prioritizing J over CS, which generally is a 5-10% DPS loss.

That log only really includes add/multi-target fights but there's quite a few things you weren't doing that could have boosted DPS output (although they may or may not fit in with your raid strategy).
    -DS Usage seems low. Alternate FV and DS at 2+ targets for max damage output.
    -Multi-dot censure in SoT for 2 long-living targets. SoR for 3+ targets or if adds will die before censure can run its course.
    -HoTR instead of CS at 4+ targets.
    -Glyph of Mass Exorcism and/or Glyph of Double Jeopardy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by VKP View Post
    Armory Link:http://eu.battle.net/wow/ru/characte...D0%BD/advanced
    Alternate Specs/Glyphs:DP/FV, SW/FV for AoE
    Worldoflogs Link:https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Y98KrVA1amxfnXpQ
    Questions, concerns, expectations: I sim at 39k, yet I don't see myself pulling anything even remotely close to that digit. This isn't the first time I am here asking, which saddens me to the point of contemplating forfeiting ret alltogether.
    Description of Playstyle: From another helpful thread on this forum, I (if I understand it correctly) should almost always prioritize DS over FV and prioritize CS over other HP generators (save for the 4p exo). Also, I sometimes intentionally hold my AV burst for some specific phases. I flyх3 on Maidens if it matters

Feedback will be greatly appreciated.
    Flamebender:

AW Usage: Good (3/3)
    Pot/Trinket Usage: Good
    ES Usage: Missed 1 (5/6)
    EDS Usage: 25/25
    Wasted HoPo: 5

Things are looking ok on this fight.

I responded with a blurb about the DS/FV thing earlier. A quick note on it though, in regards to just EDS vs. FV, I've seen two different points of view on which to prioritize.
    A. Burn EDSFV first so that you can have it proc again ASAP.
    B. Wait to burn EDSFV until it has less than 3 sec remaining and you are ideally at 5 HoPo.

I can't say which is better, just know what I have read from players that are much better than I am.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by skinhammer View Post
    Armory Link: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/proudmoore/skinhammer/simple
    Alternate Specs: none, I'm just focusing on FV/DP
    Warcraftlobs Link: warcraftlogs.com/reports/3fBr2atXnQNxdHMJ
    Questions, Concerns, Expectations: I'm just extremely concerned that I'm not reaching the amount of DPS I feel my gear should bring me up to. When dummy testing, my DPS lines up along my simcraft's theoretical DPS just fine, which means I must be doing something wrong in the game's mechanics during pulls. Any pointers on where my DPS is slacking during a pull would be appreciated!
    Description of Playstyle: I'm a classic DP/FV using 4 tier set, trying to focus on Mastery then Multistrike. I'm weaving constantly regardless if a fight is AOE or single target so that my rotation stays relatively consistent. I have CLCRet as a guideline, but don't follow it to a T since I feel like it doesn't factor in the procs from DP and 4-tier set well enough. My attention isn't the keenest so I don't BOP or HoSac others as much as I should.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!
    Gruul:

AW Usage: 3/3. Delay on pull, between 1 and 2, and between 2 and 3 cut 3rd usage's uptime short (45 of 59 sec possible).
    Pot/Trinket Usage: 0/2
    ES Usage: Good (5/5)
    EDS Usage: 21/21. Overuse of DS.
    Wasted HoPo: 1

I'm weaving constantly regardless if a fight is AOE or single target so that my rotation stays relatively consistent.
    I'm going to be blunt when I say this, but this is a terrible thing to do on ST fights. On 2 cycles:
    FV + FV = 240% + 240% ~= 480% Weapon damage
    FV + DSFV = 240% + 160% ~= 400% Weapon damage
    FV + EDSFV = 240% + 240% ~= 480% Weapon damage

If DS isn't empowered, you are sacrificing 17% of your finisher damage vs. using 2 FV's or FV + EDSFV.

Quote Originally Posted by wtfzerg View Post
    Looking for some critique on my Gruul parse last night because I'm a little confused as to how I did so poorly compared to other ret paladins in my bracket.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...vereign/simple
    Basic summary checks out ok:
    AW Usage: Good (2/2)
    ES Usage: Good (4/4)
    EDS Usage: Missed 1 (11/12)
    Wasted HoPo: 4

Biggest thing that stands out: Low HoW count.
    Potential uses:
    6 CF outside of AW/-35%
    7 During first AW
    3 During second AW
    ~13 During final 35%
    ~=29 available HoW over the fight.

Your total usage: 16. HoW should be your top priority HoPo builder in addition to taking full advantage of the 4p bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by xentropa View Post

Potential uses:
    6 CF outside of AW/-35%
    7 During first AW
    3 During second AW
    ~13 During final 35%

Your total usage: 16. HoW should be your top priority HoPo builder in addition to taking full advantage of the 4p bonus.

Appreciate it. I went through it my self this morning and realized that I pretty much just played really poorly. Was falling asleep at my desk all night. Thanks though, I really appreciate the breakdown.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wtfzerg View Post
    Appreciate it. I went through it my self this morning and realized that I pretty much just played really poorly. Was falling asleep at my desk all night. Thanks though, I really appreciate the breakdown.
    Something else i noticed is that while you have better gear than me your average HoW and FV damage was significantly lower (and it wasn't due to crit, it was mostly multi which is weird cause i dont have the maidens trinket yet). RNG was definitely not with you in that fight.

Yeah you have hwf weapon yet your abilities average hits seem low, are you missing augment rune and good mastery food? Is your raid missing a buff type.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey everyone,

I recently rerolled from Prot to Ret and we got our Thogar kill last night. I'd appreciate it if someone had a look to see how I did.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&source=6

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ebula/advanced

Thanks a lot!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebulagamingtv View Post
    Hey everyone,

I recently rerolled from Prot to Ret and we got our Thogar kill last night. I'd appreciate it if someone had a look to see how I did.

Thanks a lot!
    Just a few minor things.

You're wasting a few procs here and there (missed 4 EDS procs).

Your priority seems a bit off. CS > J and your HoWs are a bit low despite getting a LOT of Crusader's Fury procs (you're not using enough HoWs during AW it seems).

Macro your trinket and AW together, it's especially apparent in the last usage where it's 11sec out of sync.

I have a level 21 Draenei Paladin and I'm still on the Bloodmyst Isle quests and the class seems to be like a weak warrior with healing abilities so the DPS could need some buffing for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefytaco View Post
    Just a few minor things.

You're wasting a few procs here and there (missed 4 EDS procs).

Your priority seems a bit off. CS > J and your HoWs are a bit low despite getting a LOT of Crusader's Fury procs (you're not using enough HoWs during AW it seems).

Macro your trinket and AW together, it's especially apparent in the last usage where it's 11sec out of sync.
    Thanks! I do prio CS > J but there was a lot of boss movement and spent a lot of time chasing the boss.

I'll try to focus more on using those CF procs.

Yes my ES macro has trinkets in it which I meant to remove.

Deleted
    Armory Link: eu.battle/wow/en/character/uldaman/Ellanilh/simple ( can't link full link ) ( Sorry for my mistakes, i'm french
    Alternate Specs: I follow basic build, FV / DV
    Warcraftlobs Link: /reports/VBFHcAN1nhWpPRMx/
    Questions, Concerns, Expectations: I think i'm not doing the damages i've to do with my gear / stuff / build.
    Description of Playstyle: Following normal playstyle without 4 parts, i trained first with CLCRET but now playing without.

Thanks for your help

Potential uses:
    6 CF outside of AW/-35%
    7 During first AW
    3 During second AW
    ~13 During final 35%

xentropa,

I was wondering how do you do that analysis on the posts? Do you have a quick guide on how you are checking AW usage, pots/trinkets, empowered divine storm, etc...?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cayder View Post
    xentropa,

I was wondering how do you do that analysis on the posts? Do you have a quick guide on how you are checking AW usage, pots/trinkets, empowered divine storm, etc...?

Thanks
    Heya. I wrote up a basic log guide a while ago and posted it here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/16491859093#1
    That should include how I'm doing the calculations as well as which sections of Warcraftlogs the data can be found in.

Keep in mind the aCD CS metric sort of goes out the window with the 4p and gets skewed slightly by DP and the 2p. I have done a compensation metric for DP and CF procs but I don't think I posted the final version of that. The aCD thing seems to draw quite a bit of criticism but it's also a very easy way to check for rotation issues. e.g if someone is running SW with no tier and are pulling an aCD on CS > 6.5 seconds, they are usually over-using J and Exo vs. CS.

Humbly requesting a Mythic Gruul review - not happy with 40k and would love to know where I'm falling short or if it's just procs. I did my own review and I'm pretty sure I just got proc screwed.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ht=8&source=77
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Darot/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by MarshallX View Post
    Humbly requesting a Mythic Gruul review - not happy with 40k and would love to know where I'm falling short or if it's just procs. I did my own review and I'm pretty sure I just got proc screwed.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ht=8&source=77
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Darot/advanced
    A lot didn't go right from a proc standpoint. These are on the low/unlucky side for the fight length:
    11 CF procs outside of AW/35%
    16 DP procs
    3 Ring procs

About the only thing I could find that I would recommend changing up is trying to get your ES casts off immediately before AW rather than after on the later uses. I know that's very minor, but getting that extra GCD for a HoPo builder or finisher during AW can help a lil.

A lot didn't go right from a proc standpoint. These are on the low/unlucky side for the fight length:
    11 CF procs outside of AW/35%
    16 DP procs
    3 Ring procs

About the only thing I could find that I would recommend changing up is trying to get your ES casts off immediately before AW rather than after on the later uses. I know that's very minor, but getting that extra GCD for a HoPo builder or finisher during AW can help a lil.

Thanks dude, along the same lines of what I thought. 3 ring procs I think was probably the worst. Just waiting for us to kill something during a jesus-proc pull

Deleted
    Armory Link: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/frostmane/Helmine/advanced
    Alternate Specs/Glyphs: Due to having 4set Always DP and FV, glyphs Hand of Sacrifice - Mass Exorcism - Double Jeopardy
    Worldoflogs Link: ofcourse the only ret pala in the guild :P but to make it easier name is Helmine
    Oregorger Mythic : warcraftlogs.com/reports/pPAhj6cmfXnrQ9JY#fight=1
    Flamebender Mythic: warcraftlogs.com/reports/pPAhj6cmfXnrQ9JY#fight=34
    Questions, concerns, expectations: Since 4 set I have been struggeling to get good dps. And in order for me to keep my raidspot I really need to improve. On mechanics during that raid I failed quite a bit aswell because I focused on the dps to much. >.< stupid stupid stupid.
    However figured I'd link a relative 1 target and multiple target fight since I tank on Gruul. I have a feeling I am making a mistake somewhere but I cannot figure out how to fix it or what it even is. If someone of you would like to go over one of the logs it would be awesome<3
    Description of Playstyle: Pooling to 3 or 5 depending on exorcism proc and trying to use FV before using DS on AoE and trying to keep FV+ FV on single target unless DS proc is up.

Sorry not allowed to post links yet!

Quote Originally Posted by Helmine View Post
    Armory Link: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/frostmane/Helmine/advanced
    Alternate Specs/Glyphs: Due to having 4set Always DP and FV, glyphs Hand of Sacrifice - Mass Exorcism - Double Jeopardy
    Worldoflogs Link: ofcourse the only ret pala in the guild :P but to make it easier name is Helmine
    Oregorger Mythic : warcraftlogs.com/reports/pPAhj6cmfXnrQ9JY#fight=1
    Flamebender Mythic: warcraftlogs.com/reports/pPAhj6cmfXnrQ9JY#fight=34
    Questions, concerns, expectations: Since 4 set I have been struggeling to get good dps. And in order for me to keep my raidspot I really need to improve. On mechanics during that raid I failed quite a bit aswell because I focused on the dps to much. >.< stupid stupid stupid.
    However figured I'd link a relative 1 target and multiple target fight since I tank on Gruul. I have a feeling I am making a mistake somewhere but I cannot figure out how to fix it or what it even is. If someone of you would like to go over one of the logs it would be awesome<3
    Description of Playstyle: Pooling to 3 or 5 depending on exorcism proc and trying to use FV before using DS on AoE and trying to keep FV+ FV on single target unless DS proc is up.

Sorry not allowed to post links yet!
    Basic analysis
    Flamebender:
    AW Usage: Good (3/3)
    LH Usage: Missed 1 (5/6)
    EDS Usage: Missed 2 (27/29)
    Wasted HoPo: 2

A few notes from that:
    Only use HotR if it will hit 4+ targets. You averaged 3 hits per use.
    CS+HotR count is a bit low. The event log has a few stretches where it seems you were going Judgement ahead of CS. Not sure if you were out of range at those time, but something to look at.

Sorry I don't really have more input here.

Deleted
    Thank you Xentropa
    I'll try to CS before Judgement more.

Could there be any other reason apart from what you have pointed out why my dps is so low?

Quote Originally Posted by Helmine View Post
    Thank you Xentropa
    I'll try to CS before Judgement more.

Could there be any other reason apart from what you have pointed out why my dps is so low?
    You can feel free to take this with a grain of salt since I'm not a great player and am on a weak realm and not doing mythic, but I have a log of a Heroic Flamebender kill that is within 2 seconds of your mythic log.

You
    5:26 kill time
    HoPo Builders: 124
    Finishers: 98
    DC/DP Procs: 52
    HoW Count / CF Procs: 33/29

Me
    5:24 kill time
    HoPo Builders: 139
    Finishers: 96
    DC/DP Procs: 38
    HoW Count / CF Procs: 36/25

I had 15 additional builders and only 2 fewer finishers even though you had 14 more free finisher procs in approximately the same timeframe. I know the Mythic version is a lot more demanding than Heroic, but if I had to guess, your best bet to boost DPS may be to just try to use more abilities per fight, especially HoW.
    Last edited by xentropa; 2015-04-03 at 06:55 PM.