Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
13
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Herald of the Titans PraisetheSun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    The Kingdom of Astora
    Posts
    2,727
    For the love of God, do not use World of Logs. I don't know how we ever parsed that useless piece-of-shit website before we had an alternative.

    For the sake of the sanity of everyone involved, please, please, please, please provide Warcraftlogs logs.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    For the love of God, do not use World of Logs. I don't know how we ever parsed that useless piece-of-shit website before we had an alternative.

    For the sake of the sanity of everyone involved, please, please, please, please provide Warcraftlogs logs.
    Alright, moved the most recent raid over to Warcraftlogs and will continue to use that, thanks for the tip!

  3. #43
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    France
    Posts
    188
    Hi, for the only butcherH log, is it ok or is there evident mistakes ?

    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Sterr/advanced
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    For the love of God, do not use World of Logs. I don't know how we ever parsed that useless piece-of-shit website before we had an alternative.

    For the sake of the sanity of everyone involved, please, please, please, please provide Warcraftlogs logs.
    A few people in my guild still log with WoL, it hurts every time and is also the reason i've started logging again this xpac. WCL FOR LIFE

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by sster View Post
    Hi, for the only butcherH log, is it ok or is there evident mistakes ?

    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Sterr/advanced
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done
    Make sure you enchant your ring, also, i personally go for gift enchants on rings/neck before cloak, since cloak doesn't provide any extra stats (apart from speed) aswell get some 50 stat gems, gold really isn't hard to come by this expac, and gems should only be a couple K per.

    Might get to logs later on, busy in-game atm.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Dastuross View Post
    Make sure you enchant your ring
    Yeah I was going to post this but saw that you only got it recently and thought maybe you just equipped and logged.

    That wep tho.. Should probably either grit your teeth and find a heroic one or put up the cash for a crafted one, at the very least you should be running with the appropriate enchant (Mark of Blackrock really is very cheap, not quite as much as Shattered Hand sure but its easily affordable).

  6. #46
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    France
    Posts
    188
    yeah got ring after butcher, enchanting: will do it, and weapon, well i have a heroic one with bad stats not sure it's useful never thought i d have no luck normal/hero/lfr for the butcher 1h loot.. so no craft , if this timer ther eis no drop, i'll craft it.

    anyway , except armory, any advice based on wcl for the fight ?

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by sster View Post
    yeah got ring after butcher, enchanting: will do it, and weapon, well i have a heroic one with bad stats not sure it's useful never thought i d have no luck normal/hero/lfr for the butcher 1h loot.. so no craft , if this timer ther eis no drop, i'll craft it.

    anyway , except armory, any advice based on wcl for the fight ?
    You wasted 7 HP throughout the fight, should try to use Consecration a bit more, especially when you're sitting at 5 HP for Sera and waiting for it to come off CD (unless it has 5 sec left, in which case you SotR and then build up 3 HP again quickly). I would advise using HA since you have Pol's; they sync together perfectly and give both amazing burst potential as well as nigh-invulnerability when HA+Sera is up, paired with 15-25 seconds of SotR after HA is over.

    I also think you're prioritizing HW over CS and Judgement, thus lowering your overall HP generation. CS should always be your first spender if you have all 4 (with GC proc) up.

  8. #48
    Herald of the Titans PraisetheSun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    The Kingdom of Astora
    Posts
    2,727
    Quote Originally Posted by Avalya View Post
    You wasted 7 HP throughout the fight, should try to use Consecration a bit more, especially when you're sitting at 5 HP for Sera and waiting for it to come off CD (unless it has 5 sec left, in which case you SotR and then build up 3 HP again quickly). I would advise using HA since you have Pol's; they sync together perfectly and give both amazing burst potential as well as nigh-invulnerability when HA+Sera is up, paired with 15-25 seconds of SotR after HA is over.

    I also think you're prioritizing HW over CS and Judgement, thus lowering your overall HP generation. CS should always be your first spender if you have all 4 (with GC proc) up.
    I'd strongly recommend against prioritizing CS over GC from a general performance perspective. The proc chance is quite high at 30%, and refreshing GC procs is a massive waste of DPS. I recommend always consuming any available GC procs before your next CS.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    I'd strongly recommend against prioritizing CS over GC from a general performance perspective. The proc chance is quite high at 30%, and refreshing GC procs is a massive waste of DPS. I recommend always consuming any available GC procs before your next CS.
    Depends whether or not I'm in Seraphim or not; when in Sera I prio it over CS, otherwise it's a bit of a toss-up.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Avalya View Post
    You wasted 7 HP throughout the fight, should try to use Consecration a bit more, especially when you're sitting at 5 HP for Sera and waiting for it to come off CD (unless it has 5 sec left, in which case you SotR and then build up 3 HP again quickly). I would advise using HA since you have Pol's; they sync together perfectly and give both amazing burst potential as well as nigh-invulnerability when HA+Sera is up, paired with 15-25 seconds of SotR after HA is over.

    I also think you're prioritizing HW over CS and Judgement, thus lowering your overall HP generation. CS should always be your first spender if you have all 4 (with GC proc) up.

    When spec'd into SW rather than HA, HW generates HP, and hits harder than both CS and Judgement. With HA, you're right.

  11. #51
    Herald of the Titans PraisetheSun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    The Kingdom of Astora
    Posts
    2,727
    Quote Originally Posted by golfinguy View Post
    When spec'd into SW rather than HA, HW generates HP, and hits harder than both CS and Judgement. With HA, you're right.
    CS potentially procs GC which makes the average HoPo gain from CS higher than the gain from HW. For pure HoPo/s purposes, CS is ahead of HW even when specced in SW.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    CS potentially procs GC which makes the average HoPo gain from CS higher than the gain from HW. For pure HoPo/s purposes, CS is ahead of HW even when specced in SW.
    Interesting, I thought that was changed towards the end of Mists (only proc'd by dodge and parry) - at least the tooltip says so.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by golfinguy View Post
    Interesting, I thought that was changed towards the end of Mists (only proc'd by dodge and parry) - at least the tooltip says so.
    And you'd be somewhat correct. They changed GC to have a 30% proc chance off CS a few patches ago. They probably haven't gotten a chance to change the tooltip as all class tuning "patches" have just been hotfixes.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Blargenshmeh View Post
    And you'd be somewhat correct. They changed GC to have a 30% proc chance off CS a few patches ago. They probably haven't gotten a chance to change the tooltip as all class tuning "patches" have just been hotfixes.
    Well son of a .... ignore the things I said then

  15. #55
    Dreadlord Fayenoor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Land of Far Beyond
    Posts
    860
    I am a fairly new Prot Paladin tank. I generally help tank my guild's offnight alt runs. However, I am keen on improving and becoming a more viable backup tank when required for progression

    Armory Link:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...astha/advanced
    Alternate Specs/Glyphs:
    Glyph of FS over Consecrator on Butcher.
    Logs Link:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...3089609/latest
    Questions, concerns, expectations:
    Besides the obvious Resource Wasting, my Seraphim and SoTR uptime doesnt seem perfect.
    Description of Playstyle:
    If I am running with guild healers, I use Harsh Words. For PuGs, I dont use Harsh Words

    Thanks in advance!

  16. #56
    What are the lvl 75/100 talents have other paladins used to tank mythic Brackenspore? I read that HA/HS was good for the fight but I just got demolished during a breath even with glyphed DP and the SotR buff being up.

    I'm pretty sure Purity was not on myself during any necrotic breath.

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by jon041065 View Post
    What are the lvl 75/100 talents have other paladins used to tank mythic Brackenspore? I read that HA/HS was good for the fight but I just got demolished during a breath even with glyphed DP and the SotR buff being up.

    I'm pretty sure Purity was not on myself during any necrotic breath.
    Do you have logs?

  18. #58
    Hey guys.
    First of all i would like to say, that i have been following the forums for a long time, but i only just created an account, because i am in need of serious help.

    Armory Link: eu.battle . net/wow/en/character/stormscale/Tegalad/simple

    Alternate Specs/Glyphs: I bounce between divine protection, hand of sacrifice, consecration, final wrath and alabaster shield, and for talents i use seraphim or holy shield

    Worldoflogs Link: warcraftlogs . com/guilds/52404/

    Questions, concerns, expectations: I am getting my ass whooped by our prot warrior. He is doing at or above 22k dps while im usually sitting at 15k. I feel like my dps should be atleast 20k, but i cant seem to figure out whats going wrong.

    Description of Playstyle: I try to follow the priority list on icy veins. My cd's are used when i feel like i need them

    I cant analyze the logs myself so i was hoping someone could help me. I really appreciate any feedback you can give me.

    Tegalad
    Last edited by Tegalad; 2015-02-02 at 09:23 PM. Reason: Formatting was bad

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Tegalad View Post
    Hey guys.
    First of all i would like to say, that i have been following the forums for a long time, but i only just created an account, because i am in need of serious help.

    Armory Link: eu.battle . net/wow/en/character/stormscale/Tegalad/simple

    Alternate Specs/Glyphs: I bounce between divine protection, hand of sacrifice, consecration, final wrath and alabaster shield, and for talents i use seraphim or holy shield

    Worldoflogs Link: warcraftlogs . com/guilds/52404/

    Questions, concerns, expectations: I am getting my ass whooped by our prot warrior. He is doing at or above 22k dps while im usually sitting at 15k. I feel like my dps should be atleast 20k, but i cant seem to figure out whats going wrong.

    Description of Playstyle: I try to follow the priority list on icy veins. My cd's are used when i feel like i need them

    I cant analyze the logs myself so i was hoping someone could help me. I really appreciate any feedback you can give me.

    Tegalad
    On my phone so may be a bit weird but here it goes.

    For your dps problem (on you last try) you cast hammer more then crusader strike which on 2 targets is a Dps loss.
    Assuming you logged with the same talents you were on the fight with your using SW which ain't great from a dps standpoint, even more so that you have pols trinket. You should macro that trink in with HA for massive burst every 2 minutes.
    You only used 1 pot - like I say I'm on my phone so can't see where the bosses HP is but on twins and FW glyph you really wanna be using HA/Sera/LH/Pot/pols trink all once phemos gets back from his charge and they are sub 20% hp.

    Did you use all your Grand Crusader procs? 20 procs and AS used 24 times? Seems low to me but again can't compair logs with mine atm.

    Is that the single target HW glyph you got In your minor? On twins they go down even HP so it's not needed.

    Anyways, I'll try have a better look when I'm at my pc for you but hats just some food for thought for now
    Now as Blood Elf
    My Youtube Channel

  20. #60
    Hey, I'm posting about our off tank as she seems to be squishier than expected and dies a lot more than I do (DK Tank). I've looked over the logs some but I'm not that knowledgeable about Paladains, though this is helping me learn.

    Armory Link:
    us.battle . net/wow/en/character/stormrage/Sunna%C3%A9/advanced
    Alternate Specs/Glyphs:
    She was running HS but I suggested Seraphim if she can have good uptime. She seems to be alright with it but we had her go back for M Brak.
    Worldoflogs Link:
    warcraftlogs . com/guilds/31416/
    Questions, concerns, expectations:
    It seems her SoTR uses are lower than expected. It also looks like she might be wasting holy power.
    Description of Playstyle:
    Not really sure how to fill in this section.

    Thanks for any help you guys can provide. :]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •