Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Sathella - Prot Paladin - Moonguard

Hi everyone,

Can you please look over my stuff and point out where I am screwin' up? I am currently in a guild that is just starting to work it's way through mythic. Many times, I will just drop to zero. Naturally, leadership is getting cranky about this. Let me know what I doing wrong/how I can get better. I apologize about the links, first time posting and I had to make them not-URL's for it to post.

ARMORY
    us.battle.net/wow/en/character/moon-guard/Sathella/advanced
    As you can see, currently, I am trying to stack as much mastery as I can for the higher block rating.
    For my talents, I use sacred shield. I didn't really see that much of a difference when I had Eternal Flame, and I figured it would be better to have the absorb as well as the free heal from Word of Glory.
    I also use Holy Prism, I have found it pretty useful thus far and easier to handle than Light's hammer in terms of AoE.

LOGS
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/vYNBPLpamQ37HyZt
    I came into the fight halfway throughout the night, so I won't be in the first hour and a half of logs. The Warrior tank, Lastrion was the guy I replaced.

PLAY STYLE
    I currently have 4 CD's that I rotate (5 if you count armor potion). GoAK and AD, then I have the trinket off Hanz and Franz and finally devine protection, which I try to keep up as much as possible unless I need to save it for a specific hit.

I think one of my biggest issues is I try and save my CD's too much. Also, something that I am doing results in me getting dropped in what feels like one hit, yet when I look at the 'death recap' feature, it shows that I get slowly chipped away by melee. To my knowledge, I'm not doing something stupid like putting my back to my target.

Please take a look and let me know what you guys think I can do to fix some of my issues.

Thanks!
    -Sath

Quote Originally Posted by Zenagia View Post
    Hi everyone,

Can you please look over my stuff and point out where I am screwin' up? I am currently in a guild that is just starting to work it's way through mythic. Many times, I will just drop to zero. Naturally, leadership is getting cranky about this. Let me know what I doing wrong/how I can get better. I apologize about the links, first time posting and I had to make them not-URL's for it to post.

ARMORY
    As you can see, currently, I am trying to stack as much mastery as I can for the higher block rating.
    For my talents, I use sacred shield. I didn't really see that much of a difference when I had Eternal Flame, and I figured it would be better to have the absorb as well as the free heal from Word of Glory.
    I also use Holy Prism, I have found it pretty useful thus far and easier to handle than Light's hammer in terms of AoE.

LOGS
    I came into the fight halfway throughout the night, so I won't be in the first hour and a half of logs. The Warrior tank, Lastrion was the guy I replaced.

PLAY STYLE
    I currently have 4 CD's that I rotate (5 if you count armor potion). GoAK and AD, then I have the trinket off Hanz and Franz and finally devine protection, which I try to keep up as much as possible unless I need to save it for a specific hit.

I think one of my biggest issues is I try and save my CD's too much. Also, something that I am doing results in me getting dropped in what feels like one hit, yet when I look at the 'death recap' feature, it shows that I get slowly chipped away by melee. To my knowledge, I'm not doing something stupid like putting my back to my target.

Please take a look and let me know what you guys think I can do to fix some of my issues.

Thanks!
    -Sath
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...uras&source=59

Dude. Are you not using Shield of the Righteous or is this log broken?

Because like, wow. If you aren't. Wow.

Moving past that point (with difficulty) your casts are very low. You don't generate a lot of holy power, you need to press your buttons more. CD useage isn't too bad really, some room for improvement. You should definitely be gearing for haste, not mastery, and should definitely not be using Holy Prism.

Also you are spamming the hell out of word of glory, which leads me to believe you aren't using SotR as the logs indicate. Which, not to be mean, is flat out ridiculous and I have no idea how your guild has carried you so far.

I can't emphasise this enough. If you aren't using SotR as this log indicates, you are basically not tanking. I'm not surprised you are getting globalled, I am surprised you've managed to clear so far.

EDIT: I checked the resources tab and, as I thought, you are using all holy power on WoG. The boss and adds are tearing through you like paper because you have no mitigation up for the entire fight outside of when you are using cds. That's why you die so quickly.

Good SotR uptime for holy shield is around 55-60%. That's 60% of the fight with ~30% damage reduction that you are missing.
    Last edited by Kanadei; 2015-04-10 at 04:23 AM.

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...narie/advanced
    Warcraft logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...mmary&fight=11

Question / Concerns: No major concerns to be raised here or anything, I'm just curious if there's anything I can do to perform even better for Orgorger Mythic. We managed to get it down yesterday for the first time. During the roll phase I realize I have very little optimal rotation useage / uptime and all, but is there something I can do to produce better logs for this encounter? Mostly during the rolling phase I'm smashing judgment on Orgorger whenever possible to have increased movement / my various abilities on crates to help get them down quicker.

Not anything that needs to be critically and extensively looked over, just if there's any immediate things you notice. I realise my Divine Protection useage might be a bit low, but I generally try to time having it available for the Acid Torrents rather than popping it during rolling phases as well. Been using trinket and pot with sotr to soak one of the Acid Torrents in case I don't time my DP properly to be up for the 2nd and 4th (I soak 2, 4, 6).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferbian View Post
    Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...narie/advanced
    Warcraft logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...mmary&fight=11

Question / Concerns: No major concerns to be raised here or anything, I'm just curious if there's anything I can do to perform even better for Orgorger Mythic. We managed to get it down yesterday for the first time. During the roll phase I realize I have very little optimal rotation useage / uptime and all, but is there something I can do to produce better logs for this encounter? Mostly during the rolling phase I'm smashing judgment on Orgorger whenever possible to have increased movement / my various abilities on crates to help get them down quicker.

Not anything that needs to be critically and extensively looked over, just if there's any immediate things you notice. I realise my Divine Protection useage might be a bit low, but I generally try to time having it available for the Acid Torrents rather than popping it during rolling phases as well. Been using trinket and pot with sotr to soak one of the Acid Torrents in case I don't time my DP properly to be up for the 2nd and 4th (I soak 2, 4, 6).
    Use HA on Oregorger. Always. The effective SotR uptime it gives you is unparalleled. Macro trinket to it. You never need CDs in roll phase unless you're being a mong so realistically you can soak 2nd with AD/HA/trinket/pot, 4th with GoAK, 6th with DP, and you should be able to HA/DP/2nd pot the next time you take 2nd, then AD 4th, then GoAK 6th. Since you're using HS there's absolutely no way you should need CDs for just tanking Oregorger unless your healers are mentally disabled or something.

And for the love of God call for externals if you don't have your own CDs.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenagia View Post
    Hi everyone,

ARMORY

LOGS

PLAY STYLE

Thanks!
    -Sath
    lol

do you have wog maro'd into every keybind you have?

11 wipes in that log, you casted sotr a total of 8 times. you had a higher total uptime of armor potion than you did sotr.

you casted wog 641 times.

stop pls :O wog is for emergency's, use sotr with 99% of your holy power.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm looking for some help to decipher the tanking capability of our Paladin tank. While I know my way around Holy and Ret, paladin tanking has always eluded me. Any help would be appreciated.

The main issue I think I am seeing is that our Paladin tank is a lot squishier than our Bear / Monk (and sometimes DK). I personally have a feeling this is because the defensives aren't used properly but I don't have any hard evidence. It's something I've been seeing over the course of our progression through both Highmaul and BRF, so it's not something that suddenly popped up either. Monk and Bear survive most things. Paladin sometimes gets splattered across the arena in similar circumstances.

Armoury link of our tankadin.

Clicky this link for the logs of our final attempts on Blackhand Heroic last night.

Could anyone shed some light on whether or not I'm crazy/seeing things, or if we could find some points to improve on?

Do keep in mind we're not a super hardcore guild (we only killed Blackhand HC last night, going to start on Mythic soonish), and we're not expecting uber play from any of our raiders

Thanks in advance

Couple of things.
    - SW talent isn't any good, the other 2 beat it on any possible way
    - 40% SotR is bit on the low end.
    - CS:J ratio is more in favor of judgement than CS. It should be 2 CS for each J
    - 5 DP usage on a 6 min and a bit fight.

This is what I can see quickly from my phone. Someone else might be of more assistance or you have to wait till tomorrow before I can take a good look again

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ansekh View Post
    - CS:J ratio is more in favor of judgement than CS. It should be 3 CS for 2 J
    fixed

/10char

Hi guys, after some help for gruul mythic.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ummie/advanced
    So the guild i am in have killed him once so far, and they did a 3 tank strat for that, however they got lucky with beating the enrage timer by a hunter popping deterance as last man standing to kill him. So on my first raid with them they decided a 2 tank strat, now i obviously overkilled my first set of strikes soaking as i popped dp and had ironbark for 1st, ad for 2nd, GoAK's for 3rd and bubble for 4th. This was all fine untill it reached my 2nd round of soaks, everything was still on cd accept dp ofc. Could any1 be so kind as to tell me what cd to use on which strike, i start tanking the boss and the dk was taking the first 3 of the 7 and i took the 4 after him.

- - - Updated - - -

Think i figgured it out myself, need externals to survive every 2nd strike so that i always have AD or GoAK's up for 3rd on every round.

We lost a tank just as we were moving into Mythic, and our Ret said he preferred Prot anyway, so we're trialing him as our OT. Unfortunately, I couldn't be there for his first trial so he was tanking with the guy he was replacing.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/tPWB6T3x7GqHaYFM

I'm looking for help with Pananda. Our previous Prot tank had said that 45% uptime on SotR was pretty good and we didn't see any real issues with his tanking until Heroic Blackhand (where he'd get killed by a few AA's). Then I found one of Treckie's logs that showed 80% uptime, so I figured it was time to ask the experts.

Is there a thread somewhere that breaks down optimal talent usage by fight? I'm pretty sure both paladins are using SW/HS for 100% of the fights.

Thanks for any help!
    Last edited by eksdra; 2015-04-28 at 06:06 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eksdra View Post
    We lost a tank just as we were moving into Mythic, and our Ret said he preferred Prot anyway, so we're trialing him as our OT. Unfortunately, I couldn't be there for his first trial so he was tanking with the guy he was replacing.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/tPWB6T3x7GqHaYFM

I'm looking for help with Pananda. Our previous Prot tank had said that 45% uptime on SotR was pretty good and we didn't see any real issues with his tanking until Heroic Blackhand (where he'd get killed by a few AA's). Then I found one of Treckie's logs that showed 80% uptime, so I figured it was time to ask the experts.

Is there a thread somewhere that breaks down optimal talent usage by fight? I'm pretty sure both paladins are using SW/HS for 100% of the fights.

Thanks for any help!
    Treckie plays EmpS/DP on basically every fight (which, if you ask the majority of the paladin community here including Astur, Lazel, myself, etc, is very far from the optimal way to go, even if it sort-of-works) which inflates his SotR uptime far, far above what you'll see from the logs of someone playing HS or Sera. 50-55% is realistic with Seraphim and 60-70% is achievable with HS/DP. Now, on to what Pananda is doing right and wrong:

He seems to have a pretty solid understanding of the fundamentals bar one rather crucial thing; he's favouring Judgment over Crusader Strike. This is wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, oh-so-wrong. Not only is CS on a shorter CD and thus provides more HoPo over the course of a fight when given priority; it also procs Grand Crusader, which means even more lost HoPo by prioritizing Judgment. Tell him to stop doing this ASAP.

Other than that all of his issues are classic "afk-not-filling-globals" issues. Going by his logs I'd wager he plays with the incredibly shitty standard UI and thus has very little more than a rough idea of when things are off CD, when buffs are expiring, when on-use trinkets are ready, etc. Tell him to shit-can his UI and get a new one with all the bells and whistles that actually tracks stuff properly for him; you can't realistically tank in this day and age without a good UI that actually gives you the information you need without having to look down at bumfuck-nowhere-bottom-left-corner-of-yourscreenistan all the time.

Thanks. I'll definitely pass along that info along. I usually tank on my monk and I think it covers up bad play by allowing the healers to focus on the bad tank, so even though last week was stressful to everyone there, it was useful to get a true feel for our trial.

I really appreciate the help!

As PTS says above, needs to press more buttons and use more cds (DP practically on cd, AD should be used more often also).

Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...BCblime/simple
    Alternate Specs/Glyphs: N/A
    Worldoflogs Link: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/guilds/59121
    Questions, concerns, expectations: I'm currently the raid leader of our 9/10H Guild. We don't have a lot of issues and are pretty casual but are trying to move into mythic soon, our biggest issue seems to be our protection paladin dieing to abilities our warrior tank does not seem to have a problem with. I'm pretty convinced its either his lack/usage of cooldowns or the way he is itemizing but i'm not a protection paladin or know any others that I can turn to at the moment. Any help in solving this would be greatly appreciated!
    Description of Playstyle: N/A

Amory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ikkjj/advanced
    ALternate Specs/Glyphs: Consecrator Glyph and Lights Hammer
    Warcraftlogs Link:

Guilds General https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ummary&fight=7
    Damage Taken https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-taken&fight=7
    Personal https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ht=7&source=10

Questions, concerns, expectations: We have just started out Mythic due to our lack of players. We used to have 16-18 people show up from our 22 man squad but recently got in a lot of people from another guild that we have started to take in on trials. We got the kill on our first night and this is the numbers. I got few questions about my own performances:

First - Today I took a lot of rend and tears. Our other night (we had one with socials in just to see how it was) I was able to more or less not get hit by anyone as the Cruelfag / Dismounted tank. RL want me to tank him at the edge of the pen, facing inside - If ranged stays to close and he "jumps bad" its impossible for me to get enough space to move despite quick reflexes. Anything to do here from my side?

Second - I did run EmpS cus I really like it. Some what I feel that my DPS is quite low - I am not on addsduty, normaly I just HotR if its of CD (CS when off cd and not focusing on the adds really/not waiting for it) and drop the hammer when they comes to the boss but I also used hammer to eas some of the healing when there was fire fire fire...

Third - DK takes Faultline first in the left far away Corner. I taunt and drop the next epi in the right. Then he taunts backto overlap and I drop the forth , overlaping as much as possible near the add pen. When Faultline dies I am tanking the boss untill the kill. I try to heal with the epics as good as i can, useing Hand of Freedom, face so I got "poked" in the right direction etc. According to the umbers - how does it look?

Forth - Anything in general I could do better? We are progressing Gruul now and we just got hold of how we want to do it but DPS is a bit behind for a 3 tank strat so we might have to rearrange or swap in some others.

Description of Playstyle: I do run Seraphim as well but for this one I just felt more comfy with Seraphim. I feel I have some DPS issues but not Surrvival issues. Maybe I am to defensive, but I assume theres a lot to work on.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelonis View Post
    I'm currently the raid leader of our 9/10H Guild. We don't have a lot of issues and are pretty casual but are trying to move into mythic soon, our biggest issue seems to be our protection paladin dieing to abilities our warrior tank does not seem to have a problem with. I'm pretty convinced its either his lack/usage of cooldowns or the way he is itemizing but i'm not a protection paladin or know any others that I can turn to at the moment. Any help in solving this would be greatly appreciated!
    He's in ret gear but I can respond to the logs.

First I looked at Kromog, and wow that is a horrible log. 9% sacred shield uptime, same amount of judgements as crusader strikes, 26% SotR uptime. Really sloppy play. And yeah, doesn't use cds often enough, altho the SS and SotR are bigger issues.

He did better on Gruul, 65% SS uptime and 45% SotR, wasting a bit of holy power but thats negligible. Thing is, on this fight he popped literally one cd. Like, one shitty cd, once. Divine Protection is a 30s cd and he gets it off once in a fight which has possibly the most obvious place to pop cds ever (HINT: ITS THE INFERNO STRIKE).

Also he seems to believe using a strength prot gives more dps than a bonus armor pot, since he always prepots one. This is wrong.

Summary: SS time needs to be as close to 100 as possible, 9% and 65% are not good enough. Needs to prioritise crusader over judge, waste less holy power and he will have more SotR uptime. But yeah, cds. Tell him to pop divine protection on cd (work it into your rotation if you have to, its a 30s cd spell), AD and GOAK should also be used EVERY FIGHT if only to save healers mana.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkej View Post
    I haven't tanked mythic so very little I can really add to this one.

I'll start by saying its a pretty great log, uptimes good, not wasting resources much, 80cpm, popping cds and pots properly. Good stuff.

You could use AD a lot more, twice in 10 minutes for a 2 min cd is a bit low but I guess if you were saving for "oh fuck" then thats negligible.

If you want to do more dps, use a TTT either with or without seraphim, even without sera you can time TTT for Holy Avenger/Hammer of Light and notice a sizeable increase in dps, especially on beastmaster.

Seraphim is a great talent if you are anywhere near adds though, not sure about mythic but on heroic Call of the Pack is almost exactly every 30 seconds so you have it + dp up for every pack.

Thanks for input.

Il post a log from our Gruul wipefest night (I run Sera here)

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...=33&type=auras

From one of our longer pulls (We wiped up a lot of tries, I failed CD usage at one pull, etc etc.)

Anything out of the log above you could say smt about?

I post another Seraphim log here :

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...88&end=2151892

Its from a HC PUG And a different encounter.

Regarding AD I tendenser to use it wrong, just save it for biggie stuff just ås you say. Thanks for the advice and I hope you or someone else will get a min over to check my Sera loggs.

Cheers and again thank you.

After some feedback for my 1st night of Kromog progression if u would be so kind
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/wpPVX7GhcbJCaHmT
    Thats the log for our best try (typical last pull of the night), up untill a few pulls b4, i had spent the night in empowered seals and switched to holy shield to see if i felt less squishy. Did'nt notice much difference tbh, but as our best try was a wipe due to lack of boss dps i am debating going sera, is this viable for Kromog? any tips for squeezing some extra boss damage would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkej View Post
    Thanks for input.

Il post a log from our Gruul wipefest night (I run Sera here)

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...=33&type=auras

From one of our longer pulls (We wiped up a lot of tries, I failed CD usage at one pull, etc etc.)

Anything out of the log above you could say smt about?

I post another Seraphim log here :

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...88&end=2151892

Its from a HC PUG And a different encounter.

Regarding AD I tendenser to use it wrong, just save it for biggie stuff just ås you say. Thanks for the advice and I hope you or someone else will get a min over to check my Sera loggs.

Cheers and again thank you.
    This all looks good to me tbh, the only thing is that you are wasting a bit more holy power but thats likely waiting on 5 hopo when Sera is 1-2s off cd so you don't delay using it, which is a smart move.

CD useage on the heroic fight could be improved, but I'd assume thats because its a heroic fight and you dont have to worry as much really.

Maybe someone can do a bit more of an in-depth analysis for you but you tick all the boxes to me, if you're struggling at all I'd look at your healers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Brummie View Post
    After some feedback for my 1st night of Kromog progression if u would be so kind
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/wpPVX7GhcbJCaHmT
    Thats the log for our best try (typical last pull of the night), up untill a few pulls b4, i had spent the night in empowered seals and switched to holy shield to see if i felt less squishy. Did'nt notice much difference tbh, but as our best try was a wipe due to lack of boss dps i am debating going sera, is this viable for Kromog? any tips for squeezing some extra boss damage would be appreciated.
    Few quick notes:
    -I don't see any reason you should be using holy prism, but I don't tank mythic so if there is a reason let me know
    -Using A LOT of judgements, about equal to your crusader strikes, I know there is a fair bit of running around but I still feel this number could be lower
    -Not using enough cds. DP is up for every Slam on heroic, I assume it is on mythic also, even if not you should be using it as close to every 30s as possible. One ardent defender in 10 minutes is also pretty bad.
    -Wasting a bit of holy power, which if you are running holy shield there isnt much reason to do

If you use your cds a bit more, judgement a bit less and maybe swap out prism as you are likely losing some HoPo generation from that should be pretty spot on.

In terms of increasing extra boss damage, if its damage to the boss you want then running Sera/Avenger is viable I'm pretty sure and would help a lot. Losing your stamina trinket would help too but I know paladins are in a weird place for stamina, maybe you can just swap to a dps flask instead? Also Execution Sentence is the go to talent for boss damage single target, or if you want more aoe on the hands you could take lights hammer.

Deleted
    To Echo Kanadei's post, Holy Prism just isn't the play on Kromog. It doesn't really do anything particularly relevant in terms of healing (in the sense that if you're relying on Holy Prism to make the difference on a fight with a damage pattern like Kromog's then you're in deep shit - you're better off with the burst heal from ES, plus ES isn't worthless for Pillar damage, etc) and you generally don't really have the globals to spare if you're not playing EmpS.

Secondly, you're just not timing SotR well. It's completely self-evident when you look at the average damage you're taking from melee hits and Fists of Stone; you're taking way, way too many hits that are completely unmitigated. You really have to think about when you're going to cast SotR (apart from obvious cases such as a generator coming off CD and already being at 5 HoPo) on Kromog, which means whether or not you pay attention to the little things like not casting SotR until the very end of Stone Breath makes a MASSIVE difference. On top of that, your raw SotR uptime, disregarding timing completely, is way too low. You're playing HS and should be able to manage the mid 50-60s in terms of percentage uptime depending on DP procs at the very least, and you're consistently sitting below 50% uptime. That's just not good enough.

Lastly, I'd completely abandon any thoughts of playing Seraphim on Kromog. You're not even doing the basics correctly on a reliable basis; Seraphim is asking for a disaster.