Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Armory Link:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/fr/characte.../Såzio/simple

Questions, concerns, expectations:

Hi guys, so I'm currently starting to Tank in raid, I've always Tanked since WotLK but rarely in raid so I've never thought too much about it. But now I'm starting HM et want to go in MM with my mates. So I'm seeing some problems in my UI etc and I wanted to now more about yours?

How do you parameters your DBM? What are the spells your tracking and how do you make it so it stands out? Because right I see a lot of information and I'm having trouble tracking everything avoiding voids and not being oneshoted ^^.

What are you tracking with weak aura? I'm kind of a noob on it and I wanted to now if we can track attacks from mobs like DBM does it but with a better visual on spell that can OS. because atm I see spells when they're casted and I don't have time to put a shield and an other CD. So to clarify, I want something to pop like 2 to 3 sec before the actual spell is casted.

Description of Playstyle:

I'm using the cycle on Icyveins, in terme of DPS it looks good for the moment, in terme of surviviability I feel a little weak, I feel like one single mistake OS me, so here is my last question, I've looked at the stat priority and there is what I get: Versatility => Haste =~ Mastery => Crit, with something like Versatility=1 Haste=0,93 and Mastery= 0.9 (I'm not too sure about this so if someone can confirm it?)

So from what I see Versatility isn't so much in front from Haste and Mastery so when I got an Item like Versatility>Crit ilvl840 and an item Haste>Mastery ilvl 845 I would go for the 845 but now I'm not to sure about this and I feel like I should prioritise on having Versatility on every piece of gear but I don't know if it will really be relevant?

Armory Link:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...elashar/simple

I am considering switching back to versatility on my enchants/gems but haven't committed to that as of yet.

Alternate Specs/Glyphs:

None, I use these talents for all fights.

Worldoflogs Link:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/ZtYy1jn3afQmKcAN

I would love help in figuring out why Xavius, in particular, is wrecking my face. I tried saving my big CD's for when I had to tank him plus the big add, but in general I was taking a massive amount of damage and struggled to stay alive.

I tend to play conservative. Unfortunately, that sometimes leaves me dead with a CD to spare.

Thanks in advance for the help! I love constructive feedback.

Deleted
    I think it comes down to : cast more shields of the righteous. It's stronger than your "big CDs" and you should (almost) never sit at 3 charges. Your first SoTR cast was 1 min into the fight.

1) Try to have better uptime on consecration
    2) Cast more SoTR, especially when tanking. No reason to sit at 3 charges. Casting in consecreation buffs SoTR by 20%, which is why 1) is important
    3) You only used bastion of light once in a 8 min fight, could have been 3.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by belashar View Post
    Armory Link:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...elashar/simple

I am considering switching back to versatility on my enchants/gems but haven't committed to that as of yet.

Alternate Specs/Glyphs:

None, I use these talents for all fights.

Worldoflogs Link:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/ZtYy1jn3afQmKcAN

I would love help in figuring out why Xavius, in particular, is wrecking my face. I tried saving my big CD's for when I had to tank him plus the big add, but in general I was taking a massive amount of damage and struggled to stay alive.

I tend to play conservative. Unfortunately, that sometimes leaves me dead with a CD to spare.

Thanks in advance for the help! I love constructive feedback.
    Like what the above poster said, you didn't use shield of the righteous for like a minute, and after that the uptime was still super low.
    Don't take this as me being rude but by not using shield of the righteous regularly you could not be playing the spec more fundamentally wrong.
    Keep the ability recharging at all times and you should have a huge improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Willus View Post
    Like what the above poster said, you didn't use shield of the righteous for like a minute, and after that the uptime was still super low.
    Don't take this as me being rude but by not using shield of the righteous regularly you could not be playing the spec more fundamentally wrong.
    Keep the ability recharging at all times and you should have a huge improvement.
    On the contrary, both of your tips on SotR are very helpful and I didn't take offense at all.

How do I find my up time on SotR and what should my goal be? Going thru the data all I could find was the % of casts broken down by spell, but I couldn't find up time.

*Edit* I THINK it's 11.73% up time for SotR, but unsure if I found the correct number.

Any comments on my gear setup?

Thanks!

Deleted
    You can find your buffs uptime here :
    /reports/ZtYy1jn3afQmKcAN#source=16&type=auras

For SotR in particular :
    /reports/ZtYy1jn3afQmKcAN#source=16&type=auras&ability=132403

(Sorry can't post full links. You can copy/paste or find the same info if you click on the "buffs" tab in the logs and filter with your name and the name of the ability)
    I don't know about a specific %uptime you should be aiming for because it depends on your haste and crit. I think if you're not using seraphim, ~50% would be good for a start ? Remember that judgement reduces the recharge time of SotR by 2 sec (4 on crit) so if you want to increase your uptime (as you should), prioritize judgement in your rotation if you're not already doing it. SotR is off the GCD.

For your gear I'm personally going for haste > vers > crit > mastery because I like having a lot of haste but apparently vers sims better than haste.

Quote Originally Posted by belashar View Post
    On the contrary, both of your tips on SotR are very helpful and I didn't take offense at all.

How do I find my up time on SotR and what should my goal be? Going thru the data all I could find was the % of casts broken down by spell, but I couldn't find up time.

*Edit* I THINK it's 11.73% up time for SotR, but unsure if I found the correct number.

Any comments on my gear setup?

Thanks!
    The SotR uptime will show under the "Buffs" tab. You had a 26.4% uptime (for reference, I usually have 52% uptime.) When I'm not tanking, I'll sit on two charges and float the 3rd. Once we tank swap I will use my charges one at a time just as they are about to wear off. This prevents any of my charges from going to waste if the boss casts or phases change. I'll use "Templar Knight" talent to fill in the gaps where SotR is down. Its not nearly as strong as SotR but its a very nice filler. (12 seconds of 20% DR with a very fast recharge.) If you have your Argent Defender artifact traits, using it helps fill gaps as well. (Another 20% gap filler, with the added benefit of +damage)

I also notice you arn't using your Avenger's Shield very much. Reguardless of talent choices, I use this thing every chance I get. (Which is ALOT, you cast it 26 times on an 8 minute fight, I cast it 46 times on a 6 minute fight) With both golden traits, it ends up dealing and soaking a ton of damage. From my experience so far, I soak 15-25% of the total damage done to me doing this.

One thing I really strugged with when changing over to Paladin from Guardian, is using my DR's properly. I use LoH and GotK for emergencies, but the rest of my DR's I use nearly on CD. I mean whats the point of waiting 5 minutes when the DR has a 1-1.5 min recharge. You have them, make sure you use them! They make you one of the strongest mitigation tanks.

Your gear looks fine for the most part. I personally try to have haste on every piece as the main stat. Rest kinda fall in line. Haste > Vers > Crit/Mastery (last one is preference, i value crit higher because i have a mythic warforged withering heart of darkness trinket which i love btw lol)
    Last edited by Stevie; 2016-09-29 at 07:59 PM.

Armory: For some reason Armory wont load character.
    Spec: Prot (Dizneymaster)
    World of logs: warcraftlogs.com/reports/JfHqm28LFTaCnvYD

Question: My raids healers are always complaining that our pally tank is just getting face rolled with damage (like hes tanking with his back to the boss) If anyone can give me some advice that i can pass along to him that would be fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevie View Post
    The SotR uptime will show under the "Buffs" tab. You had a 26.4% uptime (for reference, I usually have 52% uptime.) When I'm not tanking, I'll sit on two charges and float the 3rd. Once we tank swap I will use my charges one at a time just as they are about to wear off. This prevents any of my charges from going to waste if the boss casts or phases change. I'll use "Templar Knight" talent to fill in the gaps where SotR is down. Its not nearly as strong as SotR but its a very nice filler. (12 seconds of 20% DR with a very fast recharge.) If you have your Argent Defender artifact traits, using it helps fill gaps as well. (Another 20% gap filler, with the added benefit of +damage)

I also notice you arn't using your Avenger's Shield very much. Reguardless of talent choices, I use this thing every chance I get. (Which is ALOT, you cast it 26 times on an 8 minute fight, I cast it 46 times on a 6 minute fight) With both golden traits, it ends up dealing and soaking a ton of damage. From my experience so far, I soak 15-25% of the total damage done to me doing this.

One thing I really strugged with when changing over to Paladin from Guardian, is using my DR's properly. I use LoH and GotK for emergencies, but the rest of my DR's I use nearly on CD. I mean whats the point of waiting 5 minutes when the DR has a 1-1.5 min recharge. You have them, make sure you use them! They make you one of the strongest mitigation tanks.

Your gear looks fine for the most part. I personally try to have haste on every piece as the main stat. Rest kinda fall in line. Haste > Vers > Crit/Mastery (last one is preference, i value crit higher because i have a mythic warforged withering heart of darkness trinket which i love btw lol)
    In regards to Avenger's Shield usage.. the 'priority' that I'm trying to follow is:

1. Judgement (on CD)
    2. Blessed Hammer
    3. Consecration (on CD)
    4. Avenger's Shield

..with every second ability generally being Blessed Hammer (Judgement -> BH -> Consecration -> Judgement -> BH -> Avenger's Shield -> etc) so the AS usage is fairly low. I have heard that if I want to prioritize damage over survivability then I can swap Judgement and AS in priority. Is this more or less what you are doing as well? Where do you value a Grand Crusader proc relative to everything else?

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Chaoslock View Post
    Armory: For some reason Armory wont load character.
    Spec: Prot (Dizneymaster)
    World of logs: warcraftlogs.com/reports/JfHqm28LFTaCnvYD

Lets has a look at his defensive CD as you say about taking to much damage

In a 4.39 fight

SOTR - 17
    Conc (boost SOTR ) 9
    AD - 1
    GK - 1
    Eye of Tyr (Weapon) - 0
    Serp - 1

I raid heroic myself and here is a link to our last ursoc kill https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...rce=14&fight=8

In a 3.59 (I am far from perfect in this fight)

SOTR - 23
    Con - 17
    AD- 3
    GK - 1
    Eye - 3

Apart from GK he should have more them me on all of them as your fight is lasting longer. So straight away he is just not using his damage reduction abailites anywhere near enough he should have at least 4 AD, and 4 Eye close to 30 SOTR and his Conc should be in the 20's

His talents as well I just don't get them espcially the first tier choice why would you take Consentrated Hammer, blessed hammer is just better in everyway and will reduce his damage taken, the others you can agrue a case for and against, and he has taken Serp which has it merits when you our gear content or you want to push DPS as much as you can, for me I prefer RP for more self healing and more AW and I prefer to use my SOTR charges on flat DR rather then serp, but gieven that he has taken Serp and used it once in the fight that is just a waste talent point right there

Also his AS and AW usage is low but that is more dps
    Last edited by grippo; 2016-11-15 at 12:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by siyX- View Post
    In regards to Avenger's Shield usage.. the 'priority' that I'm trying to follow is:

1. Judgement (on CD)
    2. Blessed Hammer
    3. Consecration (on CD)
    4. Avenger's Shield

..with every second ability generally being Blessed Hammer (Judgement -> BH -> Consecration -> Judgement -> BH -> Avenger's Shield -> etc) so the AS usage is fairly low. I have heard that if I want to prioritize damage over survivability then I can swap Judgement and AS in priority. Is this more or less what you are doing as well? Where do you value a Grand Crusader proc relative to everything else?

Cheers!
    1. Judgement
    2. Avenger's Shield
    3. Blessed Hammer
    4. Consecration

I don't use consecration on CD. Assuming you have "Consecration in Flame" your consecrate lasts 3 seconds longer. I typically wait until its almost up before casting again, or if I have an empty GCD. I value GC procs as top priority, to avoid wasting a proc. In situations where I'm fighting more than one target, AS takes top priority over judgement.

Review'd my logs for Cenarius, who I solo tank until last phase. His average melee hits me for 400k. My average AS hits for 300k. So assuming 20% of the damage is a absorb, I'm absorbing 15% of the damage of his next melee vs 15% from blessed hammer. My average blessed hammer hits for 96k, assuming two hits from the hammer, I'm 100k ahead on dps for that GCD with the same mitigation. I'm by afar no "guru" or statistician, but I typically parse 90-95%+ in damage for my ilvl. My DTPS is 253k, with a 54% uptime on SoTR.
    Last edited by Stevie; 2016-11-15 at 01:33 PM.

1. Judgement
    2. Avenger's Shield
    3. Blessed Hammer
    4. Consecration

I don't use consecration on CD. Assuming you have "Consecration in Flame" your consecrate lasts 3 seconds longer. I typically wait until its almost up before casting again, or if I have an empty GCD. I value GC procs as top priority, to avoid wasting a proc. In situations where I'm fighting more than one target, AS takes top priority over judgement.

Review'd my logs for Cenarius, who I solo tank until last phase. His average melee hits me for 400k. My average AS hits for 300k. So assuming 20% of the damage is a absorb, I'm absorbing 15% of the damage of his next melee vs 15% from blessed hammer. My average blessed hammer hits for 96k, assuming two hits from the hammer, I'm 100k ahead on dps for that GCD with the same mitigation. I'm by afar no "guru" or statistician, but I typically parse 90-95%+ in damage for my ilvl. My DTPS is 253k, with a 54% uptime on SoTR.
    You should link logs that put your average blessed hammer hit at 96k, and your average AS at 300k. lol.

You really should use Judgment and Cons on CD. AS is not our top priority at all when it comes to survivability.

Quote Originally Posted by sage View Post
    You should link logs that put your average blessed hammer hit at 96k, and your average AS at 300k. lol.

You really should use Judgment and Cons on CD. AS is not our top priority at all when it comes to survivability.
    Your right, my mistake. Was looking at "Avg Cast" not "Avg Hit."

Log: /reports/Bvf1Ha47kQtwVhrj#type= damage-done&source=6 (I cannot post links yet.)

Does casting Cons while its still active, refresh the duration or actually count as two different effects? If it refreshes and I'm still keeping it up 100% (outside of movement) whats the benefit of overlapping? Is your up time on SoTR that much different than mine?

Your right, my mistake. Was looking at "Avg Cast" not "Avg Hit."

Log: /reports/Bvf1Ha47kQtwVhrj#type= damage-done&source=6 (I cannot post links yet.)

Does casting Cons while its still active, refresh the duration or actually count as two different effects? If it refreshes and I'm still keeping it up 100% (outside of movement) whats the benefit of overlapping? Is your up time on SoTR that much different than mine?
    They overlap as far as damage goes, but you only get the buff once.

Avenger shield doesnt do a ton defensively, judgment should always always be your top priority.

I'll look at your logs when I get to a pc and edit this post.

Here is my heroic cenarius log. I am exactly your same ilvl. I am using seraphim and only have 34% sotr uptime, but my DTPS is lower than yours. My kill was slower as well. I did pre pot and 2nd pot old war and you only used one prolonged power, so there's a difference, but other stuff is comparable. Also I have no neck enchants because I'm a shitter.

reports/qM2DwQt1Y7KHX9rc#fight=11&type=damage-done&source=2
    Last edited by Cyzin; 2016-11-16 at 11:07 PM.

Is there a rotation that maximizes seraphim damage on large packs (M+?) cause the damage increase does not seem THAT much =(
    zug zug

what is it paladin, one zug is not enough for ya?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    lore should be voluntary to the game. not obligatory.

Deleted
    Hi,
    I'm having some massive issues vs. my co-tank keeping threat on mythic krosus. He is a really solid warrior pushing high DPS using the devastator build (and the right legendaries) and I am just not following his dps - so he rips threat, and refreshes his stacks and we wipe from the dot (mythic)

I am certaintly geared to match him in dps but apart from my seraphim uptime being aweful - is there something you guys see wrong with my rotation? I think I have a bad habit of pressing HoTR/BH too often?

our logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

Thanks

Hi,

Me and my tanking buddy are still looking to improve,
    But I know nothing about prot paladin so I figured I'd ask more experienced players.
    I was wondering if you had any advice for my co-tank.
    Armory Link: eu. battle .net/wow/en/character/frostmane/Bahar/advanced
    Warcraftlogs Link:
    warcraftlogs . com/reports/N3KY8L1f67zBDgwW#fight=29
    warcraftlogs . com/reports/gP7jWth1rD9yTRvJ#fight=9

I don't think she struggles on any particular mechanics or something,
    we were just wondering if there's anything she's missing or giving the wrong prio.
    (As I said before, I've never played palading so it's very hard for me to tell)

Thank you all in advance,
    and sorry for the 'vagueness' of my question because I can't pinpoint what's going wrong exactly.
    and sorry for the links

Quote Originally Posted by SantaMaria
    ... aggro problem ...
    1. You're using Crusader's Judgement on first tier. I'd advice using blessed hammer.
    2. Try to align wings with seraphin. Is ok delaying seraphin a bit in order to do so.
    3. Spec ito bastion and dump the carges for dps on pull with wings+seraphin. That does a shitton of damage.
    4. Yeah, your seraphin uptime could be better. Use weak auras to improve its uptime.
    5. Use your 3secs-taunt-window. There you generate 3x threat. Taunt+AS+Sotr+Sotr sould grant you a shit ton of threat, enough for keeping aggro for the time needed before your cotank needs to tank.
    6. I've heard that NH trinkets are 50% nerfed for prot specs. Prolly Skorpiron one is not-so-good for you. Good dps trinkets are Eye of Command, Chronoshard, Memento, stat stick (haste/crit).
    7. If you're not feeling threatened, you can drop versatility in favor of crit for better dps. Avoid mastery like plage.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Akiresu View Post
    Hi,

Me and my tanking buddy ...
    Any particular issue? Low dps? Does she die?

Quote Originally Posted by Kethmil View Post

Any particular issue? Low dps? Does she die?
    She dies quite often and it doesn't seem to be from messing up mechanics.
    when I die, I can pinpoint what went wrong most of the time (missing a mechanic, underestimating a big hit etc...).
    but she seems to be on low health more often than me.
    dps is also low, but we want to focus on survivability first.