Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    That's what gets me, too. Why create such loopholes? IMO the collection drops should be sellable on the TP. People who want to do the JP's can profit, and people who don't want to have another path to getting it. Even for all the crap you have to do to get a Legendary, they can be sold on the TP. The only point I can see to it is artificial inflation of participation stats to game activities.

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    Even for all the crap you have to do to get a Legendary, they can be sold on the TP.
    The funny thing with legendaries is that the only thing you're paying for is map completion/karma.

Let's say that it takes the same amount of time (theoretically) to complete the map and to get the required karma (1mil). This means that 1mil karma and 50% map completion is worth around 800g-1k.
    The cost of this is absolutely insane so once you make one legendary it's incredibly easy to make another one.

If you're smart about it you can thus get a legendary for as little as >=500g but people act like legendaries are super rare for some reason.
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

Feels like "Trinket Wars 2". Every patch has two things: 1. gem store items 2. trinkets/baubles to collect from candy/snowflakes/aetherblade screws/lily pads.

Just really insipid 'content'. I'll just continue to not actively loot anything, delete whatever sprockets are overflowing in bags this week and generally ignore asinine event going-ons.

My routine is just deleting all ascended crafting mats because that's literally the only thing they are for and I don't need it.

They need to be less dropped by everything and more "pick your reward" because ugh.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    I ditch them a stack at a time as they pile up, myself.
    It's so annoying. Nothing else to use them for yet they shove it in our faces every chance they get. Something new comes out it's part of the reward - not like they could give us an alternative reward or something else to use them for except for that one backpack that is a pain to make and only eats dust.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

The new item for your home instance from Winterday will consume Empyreal Fragments, but you'll have to do JP's to get it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was talking to my GM about these ascended material consumers last night, and we're both waiting for the dragonite ore one. His thought is that they're planning to add some other way to make use of the mats after that, so there's some kind of actual "choice" involved instead of "Are you making ascended equpment? No? /delete".
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!

Well, how about they make it a choice that isn't some obnoxious bunch of hoops to jump through in order to USE IT...that might maybe, possibly be an idea, oh grand geniuses of ANet?