7+ Year Old Account

What if the Burning Legion tries to corrupt the Draeneir instead.

According to the Burning Legion Missive:
    Archimonde: You have failed, Kil'jaeden. The orcs did not drink of Mannoroth's blood as you promised.
    Archimonde:I care not for your vendetta against the draenei... but their souls may still prove useful to us.
    What if Archimonde meant that they plan to control the Draenei instead now that the Orcs refused?

We already have seen several Draenei forces pledging allegiance to the Shadow Council, and by extension, to the Burning Legion.

In several time travel stories, you can only change details from the past but the outcome is almost the same. What if Garrosh was wrong and times can't really change, and Draenor is doomed to genocide and destruction?

What's your thoughts on that?

Quote Originally Posted by frangeek View Post
    According to the Burning Legion Missive:

What if Archimonde meant that they plan to control the Draenei instead now that the Orcs refused?

We already have seen several Draenei forces pledging allegiance to the Shadow Council, and by extension, to the Burning Legion.

In several time travel stories, you can only change details from the past but the outcome is almost the same. What if Garrosh was wrong and times can't really change, and Draenor is doomed to genocide and destruction?

What's your thoughts on that?
    He's talking about Teran'gors plan to use the souls in Auchidon. That missive is just showing that Archimonde is supporting that plan.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    He's talking about Teran'gors plan to use the souls in Auchidon. That missive is just showing that Archimonde is supporting that plan.
    Then what about this?:

Archimonde: The draenei's souls will empower us. Any living orcs and draenei will become our puppets.
    Archimonde: Nothing can stop your might. Pour into this world... and feast!

Iam not that much of a Lore geek. But afaik, the Burning legion DID try to corrupt the Dreanei.

You know, Archimonde and Kil´jeaden were Dreanei before.
    And it is significantly harder to Corrupt people who did refuse in the First place.

I imagine thats why they approached the Orcs instead.

Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post
    You know, Archimonde and Kil´jeaden were Dreanei before.
    That is not exactly true.
    Archimonde and Kil'Jaeden have never been Draenei.
    They have been Eredar (as any Draenei was an Eredar before they left Argus).

After the split, the corrupted Eredar became the Man'ari, while the exiled ones (following Velen) have become the Draenei.
    "Our greatest glory is not in never falling,
    but in rising every time we fall."
    - Kong Fuzi

Quote Originally Posted by frangeek View Post
    Then what about this?:
    Well, I dunno, but the souls thing is definitely Teran'gor's plan for Auchidon.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    The only reason why i can see legion trying to recruit draenei is them trying to learn a secret technique of "Running the fuck away". Which, given the legions streak of victories, may not be a worst idea after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaani View Post
    That is not exactly true.
    Archimonde and Kil'Jaeden have never been Draenei.
    They have been Eredar (as any Draenei was an Eredar before they left Argus).

After the split, the corrupted Eredar became the Man'ari, while the exiled ones (following Velen) have become the Draenei.
    Well, yeah, but it still means that the draenei are leftovers who specifically fled the Legion. It's not a sure thing obviously, what with the Sargerei, but I think they'd be hard-pressed to find enough draenei to convert at this point to really make a difference.

Well to be fair who exactly did you think the sargerai were working with :P.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    The only reason why i can see legion trying to recruit draenei is them trying to learn a secret technique of "Running the fuck away". Which, given the legions streak of victories, may not be a worst idea after all.
    /10 char
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Well Eredar and Draenei are basically the same race. They were already corrupted, they are called Eredar.

Quote Originally Posted by fzhfzh View Post
    Well Eredar and Draenei are basically the same race. They were already corrupted, they are called Eredar.
    I dont think so.
    From Rise of the Horde book:
    Sargeras had told them that the eredar were exactly what he had been searching for. A strong, passionate, proud people, who would serve him... He would enhance them... change them... make them better...
    Man'ari. The eredar word for something horrifically wrong, twisted... This, then, was what Sargeras planned to do to the eredar. This was the "enhancement" he had spoken...

The Burning Legion was created after Sargeras corrupted the Eredar. Eredar was a very powerfull race living in Argus, with 3 leaders: Velen, Kil'jaeden, Archimonde.
    Then Sargeras came with promises of ilimited power, etc. Only Velen refused. He fled with some of his people, while Kil'jaeden, Archimonde and all others Eredars became corrupted, turning in a Man'ari.
    Draenei means exiled one, the eredar renamed themselves after they fled. And Draenor was named by them, since the orcs had no name for the world.
    So Draenei are pure Eredars, and Man'ari are corrupted Eredars.

Answer to OP question: the Draenei was already corrupted by Sargeras, and they are the base for the BL creation.
    Last edited by Diograo; 2014-12-18 at 03:50 PM.
    Don't make funny of me, If you don't understand what I said.
    I'm just a guy with poor studies, that don't have english as first language

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Diograo View Post
    Answer to OP question: the Draenei was already corrupted by Sargeras, and they are the base for the BL creation.
    Yeah I understand that, but I meant the Draenei on Draenor, the ones who escaped from the Legion. Although that question is already answered though because of the Sargerei.

Pretty sure Draenei means exiled ones and they renamed themselves, and named Draenor after themselves because the orcs had no proper noun name for the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Malzra View Post
    Pretty sure Draenei means exiled ones and they renamed themselves, and named Draenor after themselves because the orcs had no proper noun name for the world.
    yeah, my mistake
    edited my post to reflect it
    thanks
    Don't make funny of me, If you don't understand what I said.
    I'm just a guy with poor studies, that don't have english as first language

I don't think that's what Archimonde meant, but I could see it happening. We already have the Sargerei. That shows some Draenei willing to turn on their people / join the Legion are out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Malzra View Post
    Yeah. The Orcs just called it "world" and had no real name for it. They even decided that Draenor was a good name and decided to use it themselves after they learned of it from the Draenei.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    they already are
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"