Question New Build List - Final

I have been looking at parts for a bit and I think I have come up with a good build. Please give me any recommendations you have.

• Budget--Around $1000
    • Resolution--1080p
    • Games / Settings Desired--Mostly WoW on Ultra but want something that can play lots of games.
    • Any other intensive software or special things you do (Frequent video encoding, 3D modeling, etc)--Nope
    • Country--USA
    • Do you need an OS?--Yes
    • Do you need peripherals (e.g. monitor, mouse, keyboard, speakers, etc)?--Keyboard suggestions and monitor suggestions.

Here is what I have come up with at pcpartpicker.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($219.99 Amazon)
    CPU Cooler: Antec KUHLER H2O 650 Liquid CPU Cooler ($46.49 OutletPC)
    Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($89.78 OutletPC)
    Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($66.30 Newegg)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($52.99 Amazon)
    Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 970 4GB STRIX Video Card ($349.99 SuperBiiz)
    Case: NZXT Phantom 410 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case ($59.99 Newegg)
    Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($64.99 Micro Center)
    Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer ($14.98 OutletPC)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.98 OutletPC)
    Total: $1055.48
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    So, instead of sticking with incredible advice Kost gave you 4 days ago in your other thread, you decided to make a new one and make a few more poor choices?

To avoid a long explanation of whats wrong, I'm just going to link you to your own thread where this should have stayed:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...nd-other-games

Corsair CX is shit.

If you don't like his case suggestion, change it.

if you would rather have a slow but high capacity storage drive, take the one you linked, if you want fast take Kost's. Or buy both and enjoy both.

Hyper 212 EVO is a cheap cooler for your budget if you want to overclock.

Kost's build is top quality. There isn't much room for change without forcing quality or performance loss.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

Arbiter,

Sorry, didn't mean to post wrong or upset you. If someone could delete this post that would be great.

Also, thanks for the advice. I appreciate it. I will be adjusting my build accordingly.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not upset, there's just not much to say outside of Kost's build minus the comment on storage options and the cooler since Kost didn't add one. I just didn't understand the point in giving up a perfectly good build in another thread and throwing less quality in it just to ask for another opinion.

I did want to note that the CX PSU was shit, but Kost's build already had a better option covered the last time you asked for help. A mod would have to lock/delete this thread I believe, but just in the future it's better to keep to your own thread. Main reason is exactly the case here, so we can easily see what's been suggested and what's been discussed. Saves us time and helps you get the best assistance, especially when you have questions regarding the build.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

arbiter acts like a bad drunk with a beer in his hand. 8}

He's been flaming in the AMD threads pretty hard.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skitszo View Post

Right, the majority of this forum correcting bad information = flaming AMD threads. I'm one of the few people that doesn't result to 10fps on AMD = normal. It's just sad that years of the useless debate leaves us wasting time proving the same points we continue to prove day in and day out.

Thanks for contributing though. Great job. If you payed more attention you would know that this thread has since been picked up in his original thread, but shouldn't you be copy and pasting some long drawn out diagnostic list and posting some mediocre upgrade advice on some other thread?

someone needs some fresh air. or a kitty.....

User was infracted.

- - - Updated - - -

wow... i get busted and arbiter doesn't?...really....just wow...
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2014-12-19 at 12:09 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    someone needs some fresh air. or a kitty.....

User was infracted.

- - - Updated - - -

wow... i get busted and arbiter doesn't?...really....just wow...
    You really just need to stop.

Arbiter wasnt flaming people like you do. He may call someone out, but thats not flaming. Post something constructive instead of snirk remarks, you will actually get along with people better here.

and he's not flaming....ok.

maby poeple jump to conclusions as to tone...when i really wasn't being a prick about it.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

Nope, not being a prick at all.

As I already said, this topic was picked up back in his original thread and since then the OP has found the help he needed, ordered his parts, and is waiting for them to arrive. I'm surprised you don't remember his other thread as in here came here looking for help and you not only suggested he go to TomsHardare for help instead, but also had nothing better to say other than you prefer NVIDIA, with your only reason being some bad experience WAAAYYY back when AMD cards were still ATI.

I suggest you stop wasting time posting in a thread that is no longer active throwing insults and wondering why you're getting infracted. Clearly you're the only one who thinks you did nothing wrong. No one is jumping to conclusions. We're just seeing the obvious.
    Last edited by Arbiter; 2014-12-20 at 12:55 AM.

some poeple get to be arrogant and people don't seem to mind.