Deleted

Help my raid kill margok normal

Hello
    My raid is running into trouble killing margok on normal mode.
    LOGS : https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...Nkx2Yq#fight=2
    Are you able to tell me if its dps wise, healing wise or what is happening? we have around 40 wipes total splited between 2 raids.

Your dps looks incredibly low - our average raid dps was somewhere around 18k to 20k, give or take, and that helped us to keep on top of a lot of the mechanics.

Deleted
    You dont need 20k+ dps but it makes things easyer exspacialy in pugs where every second a mistake could happen. If no one steps in mines you do your killing priority and have your movement 17k dps should do just fine maybe even less if the group play is really good. Execute classes like shadow and warrior dps make the last phase a lot quicker which results more likely in a kill. Everyone who attemps should have at least have guid XP or more otherwise you pritty sure wont kill him.

Deleted
    Thank you, i will make shure that our raid leader will look into that. I kinda had the same thoughts. Also wanted to hear some voices from outsiders :-)!

Deleted
    To compensate for the fact that your DPS is low, try taking more than 3 healers.

Quote Originally Posted by sixteenmiles View Post
    To compensate for the fact that your DPS is low, try taking more than 3 healers.
    They don't need more than 3 healers, they just need their healers to be at 30k or above for the fight, which would certainly help. And as stated, DPS is a bit on the low side. Few performance increases should make the entire fight go smoothly, assuming you're following mechanics.

My 2 cents, copy-pasted from the different thread:

Emperor checks:

Execution:
    Kick anyone who can't do this:
    - Avoid detonating the mines (not now, not ever, no excuses)
    - Switch to Aberration immediately (now, right now, no excuses)
    - Switch to the Adds in the timely manner & in the correct order on intermission
    - Move out of range of Mark of Chaos p3

Warn anyone who can't do this:
    - Keep the Nether Blast (Ogre AOE cast) from the raid when Fixated upon
    - Move as a team (except p4)
    - Correctly pass/take/carry the Arcane Wrath debuff (especially in p2)
    - Running through/avoiding the Arcane Nova
    - Avoiding the Spheres in p4

Tanking
    Kick anyone who can't do this:
    - Not blow up DPS with Mark of Chaos except in p3

DPS
    Hard checks (kick lowest DPS by the adds damage meter until you get this):
    - Aberration dying in seconds (don't remember the exact number), except for the Fortified Aberration who should barely reach the stone circle
    - 2 ogres dead by the Intermission ends
    - Small adds dead before Aberration spawn after Intermission ends

Soft checks (consider kicking lowest dps or adding healers, if you consistently do not meet this):
    - p2, p3 length in healer mana. Hard to get the exact estimate, but 50% of your healers, those specced into non-stacked group AOE should have >50% mana by p4.

Healing
    Soft checks:
    Replace bad healers or Bring more healers or remove DPS until you reliably get 50% of your healers, those specced into non-stacked group AOE, having >50% mana by p4.

And that's how we cooked that particular duck. It literally went through phases:
    Start Learning the fight => Kick and replace people who can't execute => kick and replace low dps for hard checks => balance the healing and dps requirements to meet the soft checks => kill

Adding the important thing:
    - Make sure to make frequent short breaks to let people cool down and get their concentration back
    - Stay hydrated & remind your raid to do the same

Deleted
    Thats really helpfull! We are already making big changes in our group so the baddies get kicked.