Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Healer situation

It seems to me that we're right back to absorption healers being king, and while people crowned resto druid the top healer during beta, it turns out that it wasn't very sensible to give one of the healing classes no mana recovery skills at all in an expansion that specifically vows to make mana management one of the main aspects of healer gameplay.

What gives?

Quote Originally Posted by Ishoj View Post
    It seems to me that we're right back to absorption healers being king, and while people crowned resto druid the top healer during beta, it turns out that it wasn't very sensible to give one of the healing classes no mana recovery skills at all in an expansion that specifically vows to make mana management one of the main aspects of healer gameplay.

What gives?
    Start doing Mythic. Absorb healers will always seem stronger in the lower tiers of raiding because less damage goes out. No way to change that. In mythic, disc is strong, yes, but druids/MW's have their spots secured if they're good players as well. The only specs that are truly "lacking" right now are resto shamans (due to a big reliance on their set bonus compared to other healers), and *maybe* holy. Paladins are OP because of beacons + tank damage, not because of absorbs.

Deleted
    In my opinion, the healer situation is fine as it is. I don't see any big changes comming, as i believe blizzard also think the situation is fine. I can see your point when raiding Normal / Heroic, absorbs healers as disc priest looks strong, but as Dracodraco said, in mythic things changes, and makes room for every healer.
    I hope you figure out your mana issues, i don't think resto druids usually have issues with their mana, but check out logs.

Good luck.

10+ Year Old Account
    well i'm not raiding mythic anymore (normal for now) but i see logs with druids on top and disc priests rather low (could be the Players fault though). i was healing normal ko'ragh as resto shaman, felt weak but was ahead of the Paladin, but on par with the disc priests. but that could be because of the Encounter (stacked most of the time).

i only healed twin ogron and ko'ragh so far so i cant say for sure how well i could perform, but i hear nothing but negative Feedback from the resto shamans i know

pve raid healing is almost the most balanced it has ever been (sadly), but shamans are a bit shafted, even when their nice tier pieces come in and pallies are the best by a reasonable and not too large margin, and with how fall pally mastery has fallen, they don't even do many absorbs anymore anyways
    Last edited by ryklin; 2014-12-17 at 07:28 AM.

Deleted
    shamans are considered the worse i think. I've found as a druid I suffer on longer fights due to the lack of mana regen but generally I wont complain at where we are, it does seem very balanced with the exception of shamans.

What gives?
    Hey... I can beat that... just yesterday in a HM normal mode PUG:

Derpmage: "So, how come everyone but the disc priest has 25% overheal?"

Me: "Um..."
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Shamans seems very weak atm indeed while Disc Priest and Resto Druid top the meters right next to paladins. As a disc priest myself i must say that going back to the old WotLK healing style with casting Power Word: Shield 86% of the fight is truly a step up from the mindless atonement spam we had last expansion..

Deleted

What gives?
    People crowned resto druids kings during beta because prenerf they were insane. Its not like other healers have mana recovery skills either(outside of priest solace which is op), druids just "seem" to have less mana because Wild Growth is so good and so often used on cd(opposed to other aoe heals).

Shamans are much stronger then people think.Their main weakness is their direct link to mastery, insane in a difficult raiding setup and irrelevant in easy ones.

Disc priest is heavily overrated because PWS. Most of the damage PWS absorbs(and most of the healing you see your priest do) is actually damage that would get healed passively/or would have gotten healed by your other healers instead.

disc priests look sick on the meters but in reality they need a good throughput healing group to top everyone up while disc shields everything. i agree resto druids are in need of a mana buff cuz they go oom so fast compared to other classes(i play holy priest and at 1300 spirit i rarely go oom progressing in mythic)

Quote Originally Posted by Aladya View Post
    Its not like other healers have mana recovery skills either(outside of priest solace which is op)
    Mana Tea says hello.

As for the main topic, you can't stack disc priests anyways, you need throughput healers otherwise disc won't do crap.

Healing is a team effort, not an individual one. You aim for the best team not for the best class.. Disc will only look good when there is nothing to heal.
    Last edited by Spotnick; 2014-12-17 at 03:53 PM.

huh... https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/6#metric=hps

Looks like Disc, Disc, and perhaps some more Disc?

Its not even because they're strong, its literally because disc is super faceroll right now.
    Anyone can play that spec at its best without even trying because all you have to do is spam pws and do the poh archangel thing and then in between you can use penance and solace.

Which is sad because they went from requiring some skill and a LOT of raid knowledge/awareness to just spam super cheap pws without regard for anything.
    Pws is just too strong as a instant ability that absorbs too much damage for it to be this cheap, I don't understand why they let PoH be this shit outside of archangel 100% crit thing.

As for mana managment, it seems that only applies mostly to resto druids and a little to holy paladins, every other healer has some sort of reliable mana regen that allows them to play a lot more recklessly and aggressive, also so far there are really few fights that allow hots to actually tick all the way through, damage still looks burtsy and healers are often required to heal it quick, not as quick as MoP but still way faster than any cheap hot can accomplish.
    Last edited by Zetlizard; 2014-12-17 at 04:25 PM.

As a Resto Shammy I usually heal with a Paly, Druid or Disc, Paly compilation. I am no expert but at a 639 ilvl I don't feel that I am getting kicked around on the meters. I feel pretty competitive for the most part. There are times I do fell like why am I here don't get me wrong. But I think that is because we are only 1/7 Heroic and 6/7 Normal. How do other Shammy's feel about their mana regen?

Resto druids have enough capabilities to burn their mana on burst healing, which means that if you are over zealous with healing raid damage you will burn through your mana. On the other hand, it seems that the mana recovery rate from spirit is pretty decent, so it will take only a little gearing before it balances out. Because those idiots at Blizzard made mana a fixed resource, but recovery something that scales with gear the classes that cannot blast their mana in the first tier will be sucking bigtime in the following tiers.

10+ Year Old Account
    i see a lot saying that shaman are the worst, i would put that on monks.

my shaman is very strong, but because of the skills involved will always perform sub-optimaly untill multiple raid memeber are below 1/2 health.
    my druid is very reliable, but with the exception of 3m tranqs performs very poorly when the raid is below 90% health.

the only challenge i keep finding to my own healing output on either seems to be disc, i have encountered fewer pallies healing so far this xpac but they seem not quite as strong as usual yet.

have rarely seen any monks, only a couple in random dungeons, and i was not impressed by them so i cant really judge the class.

Monks might suck on a few fights but when there is constant raid dmg they're king, last 2 bosses are a great example.

As for mana getting better for rdruids, I just don't see how, most people already have 1 BiS trinket that will probably stay BiS until warforged mythic Foundry trinkets, spirit gained from necks, rings, cloak is negligible, so at best you'll replace hourglass with a foundry trinket and that's as far as mana regen will get.

I don't see how throughput increase via upgrades will help druids with mana, you still have to cast the same amount of spells, making fights shorter as people gear up does not equal fixing a mana problem, that's just sweeping the issue under a rug.

Hey,

I don't know much about druids to be honest but isn't there a talent so you cast for free for like an hour? If it is not skilled in a raid I never said anything

So for shamans I think we are fine mana wise. We have elemental blast and as we are barely casting if we have druids or discs in the raid we don't even burn trough our mana that fast.

So Throughput wise I think shaman feels really weak compared to other clases. Especially on spread out fight(s) like Kargath (and maybe twins) It seems like I could go afk as well. The problem is that even if the group drops, the spells are so random that there is almost no point in casting a chainheal as it will 90% of the time hit the main target and the other targets will be at full life already. We can optimize it with 2 riptides going but this either requires EoE or glyphed riptide (which in my opinion both suck at the current state of the game). Overall I think shamans are the worst healers at the moment but we profit strongly from others failing to doge dmg and other healers not playing their class to the fullest.

For Butcher we are the shit and I think this is one of the few fights that shows how they wanted shaman to be. Sadly there are few fights like butcher making a shaman a lot weaker in most fights.

Overall though I think healers might be a little to strong in comparrisson to the amount of dmgs incoming (not talking imperator) as it seems like we need almost no time to learn a new fight and are able to heal most of HM with very little gear.

I hope you figure out your mana issues, i don't think resto druids usually have issues with their mana, but check out logs.
    Last edited by jasinzhai; 2014-12-18 at 08:45 AM.

Resto Druids as of now have the hardest time with mana.

The standard for us in SoO was mushroom, spam Wild Growth and Rejuv but that isn't doable now because it costs 12k Mana for the Wild Growth and 8k for the mushroom. A lot of druids are still in that mindset that if a bit of raid damage comes our just throw Wild Growth out, in that case you will struggle hard with mana. But even still in long lasting fights we have the hardest time, though with plenty of management and careful & planned Mushrooms + Wild Growths we do fine.