10+ Year Old Account

Followers gaining XP while assigned to a building?

I seem to remember reading some time ago that Blizzard where gonna change so that followers actually can level up when they are assigned to buildings, but cant find that info again.

Does anyone know if that "fix" has gone live or when it will?

It hasn't. No idea, it was during the AMA or interview.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah ok thanks for the help

Opinion here, I doubt it will go live. They seem to have a thing about nerfing how followers can level. Nerf exp rates on missions higher then the followers is an indication of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

I'd assume this will be implemented when they make the change to work orders where the follower has to be active when the order is completed as opposed to when you pick it up. Since you won't be able to just assign a follower to the building to pick up your mats and get the bonus it seems like the perfect time to apply this part to allow them to level.

Signature Created by Jassinta

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    I'd assume this will be implemented when they make the change to work orders where the follower has to be active when the order is completed as opposed to when you pick it up. Since you won't be able to just assign a follower to the building to pick up your mats and get the bonus it seems like the perfect time to apply this part to allow them to level.
    This would be the sensible thing to do. Does that mean it will be so?

Er... Well, we have hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Waezlur View Post
    This would be the sensible thing to do. Does that mean it will be so?

Er... Well, we have hope.
    Touche. Also and sadly, very true. So likely it won't.

Signature Created by Jassinta

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Opinion here, I doubt it will go live. They seem to have a thing about nerfing how followers can level. Nerf exp rates on missions higher then the followers is an indication of that.
    How did they nerf it? Equal or higher level means 100%, 1 or 2 levels lower is 50%, and 3 or more levels lower WAS zero exp but they buffed that to 10%. Could be wrong but I really think that's how it was. Or do you mean the general concept since it's been introduced on beta/alfa/live? Yeah mate that would make sense. lvl 90 follower popped into a lvl 100 mission that rewards 20k experience. Much balance. Would be just as ridiculous as a lvl 1 character teaming up with a lvl 100 friend and getting full experience from killing mobs.