Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zonned View Post
    This is America and anyone who works hard is rewarded. It is the lazy people who make excuses and expect hand outs that drag us down in the mud.
    When an argument starts with these 3 words you can safely bet that the person doesn't know what he/she is talking about.

Unless you ask on which contintent you are while standing somewhere in the Americas.

10+ Year Old Account
    If there was talented labor in this country someone like me with a 2.5gpa wouldn't be employed.
    So you suck at your job? What does gpa have to do with your talent at a particular job?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzudzadzo View Post
    Now imagine there is 100 like you but 10 avaiable positions like yours.
    What now?
    You work even harder obviously

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    When an argument starts with these 3 words you can safely bet that the person doesn't know what he/she is talking about.

Unless you ask on which contintent you are while standing somewhere in the Americas.
    Limit that to the US, else you might be in for a surprise.
    lol
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    Work really hard... at being good at killing people and getting away with it.

Wait wait I think I remember this one. You start a company with funding you cannot attain for demand that doesn't exist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Didn't didactic just rail you on anecdotes?
    Didn't I just rail you on excuses?

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    You are aware of an economies product called man hours?
    Do you know how that's composed?
    I'm well aware of man hours it has nothing to do with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabblexthree View Post
    They build up and promote who they like.
    So... life. Shocking!

10+ Year Old Account
    The lazy man is the one who always complains the most.

Deleted
    Dude did you just..

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Oh cool, you called the working poor "lazy".
    Yeah, how dare they attempt to get by with a shitty minimum wage job? Everyone knows they should bust their asses even harder going to school at the same time while working so they can maybe have a chance at something that pays better and works them even harder.

Seriously, if at this point in your life (30s & 40s) you find yourself in a job like that, you're probably just really down on your luck. It took me FOUR YEARS to find a decent full-time job, and in that time I only managed to work part-time and/or go to school. Anything else just didn't work out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait wait I think I remember this one. You start a company with funding you cannot attain for demand that doesn't exist.
    Chinese and Indian people do this literally every fucking day man. This is America. No excuses bitch.

Deleted
    The lazy man is the one who always complains the most.
    Oooh, shut up, you don't have a clue about what you are talking about, you're just repeating conservative bullcrap.

10+ Year Old Account

Ouch.... now you completely lost..
    Since it's the absolute opposite. It has everything to do with man hours. Without them, you wouldn't work..

In order for anyone to have work, someone has to create the man hours for it.
    Your boss did that. He has a company, that company has a product called man hours. To get them covered, your boss hires people. Exactly as many people as he has man hours available.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    Yeah, how dare they attempt to get by with a shitty minimum wage job? Everyone knows they should bust their asses even harder going to school at the same time while working so they can maybe have a chance at something that pays better and works them even harder.

Seriously, if at this point in your life (30s & 40s) you find yourself in a job like that, you're probably just really down on your luck. It took me FOUR YEARS to find a decent full-time job, and in that time I only managed to work part-time and/or go to school. Anything else just didn't work out.
    I juggled school and a minimum wage job and ate nothing but microwave ramen for almost 3 years.

Excuses.

10+ Year Old Account
    I juggled school and a minimum wage job and ate nothing but microwave ramen for almost 3 years.

Excuses.
    Grats. Try it with a kid or two.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium

Excuses.
    I'm working my own full-time job, living on my own, and buying my own shit now. All I said was it was hard and took a LONG time for me to get here. You know why? So maybe you could see through your blinders and realize that sometimes 'pulling yourself up by the bootstraps' takes a lot of time and effort, and just because someone is in a shitty situation RIGHT NOW doesn't mean they're not trying.

Excuses.
    /golfclap

You're bragging about your mediocre GPA and mediocre wage. What - less than $40k take home? That is nothing I'm sorry to say.
    Last edited by Cerus; 2014-12-17 at 05:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by time0ut View Post
    Grats. Try it with a kid or two.
    Yeah well that's their own fault isn't it?

Deleted

Excuses.
    Wow you really are an amazing person. If only more people could be like you, we could avoid all these economic depressions and stuff.

You are derailing a thread that is about a lawsuit where a company failed to uphold basic human rights... this thread isn't about you. Moving up. Salary or whatever not. Stop derailing.

Edit: Before I catch myself derailing it myself, I had written a reply was getting upset:

Walmart is gonna drag this as far as they can just in hopes they can outlawyer them and tbh I can even see them getting away with it - unfortunately that's what big corps can do nowadays, nobody ends up paying for the crime but the people at the bottom.