Deleted

Prot dps talents

So I'm looking to cheese as much dps as possible on our heroic runs because I'm a "dps whore" and my defense is no issues.

So my main question would be, is AM or ravager best in single target? If anger AM then how many targets are needed for ravager to win?

And when is it worth switching out BB for BS? How many targets do I need and is it worth using it on fights where there's limited cleave like brackenspore or going up the stage on kargath? I've been thinking of using bladestorm on bosses like tectus but I saw the highest dps in my ilvl bracket (661) is using bloodbath on tectus.

Basically I want as much information as possible as my own testing is rather limited. Remember that everything here is solely meant for increasing dps so no need to think defensively here. Before anyone mention it, no I'm not gonna tank in gladiator stance :P

I don't have specific experience for prot tanking dps, but for all other warrior dps specs Ravager is the best talent choice for most scenarios where the boss is going to be stationary for at least a little bit. This may be different if you are frequently rage capped, but most of us don't have that problem yet. (Do you really not need the passive 5% reduced damage from having glad stance?)

In regards to Bladestorm vs Bloodbath, the general rule that I use is 3 or more targets for bladestorm. On tectus BB might be better because you are generally dps racing on single targets, and there is a much larger duration of the fight that really is single target vs aoe.

go for anger management with avatar congratulations u got a dps prot warrior

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wintr View Post
    I don't have specific experience for prot tanking dps, but for all other warrior dps specs Ravager is the best talent choice for most scenarios where the boss is going to be stationary for at least a little bit. This may be different if you are frequently rage capped, but most of us don't have that problem yet. (Do you really not need the passive 5% reduced damage from having glad stance?)

In regards to Bladestorm vs Bloodbath, the general rule that I use is 3 or more targets for bladestorm. On tectus BB might be better because you are generally dps racing on single targets, and there is a much larger duration of the fight that really is single target vs aoe.

Ravager also increases our chance to parry so we get more Revenge procs wich makes it sound like this is the ideal dps talent both single target and AE. I dont see your point about rage capping?

And no, I REALLY dont need the 5% passive on heroics :P

We just cleave tectus the whole fight so basically after you kill him the first time it's all cleave after that.

@Armiger sorry if I sound rude but I will never take advice from someone who recommends Avatar :/

Quote Originally Posted by Dexyn-eu View Post
    Ravager also increases our chance to parry so we get more Revenge procs wich makes it sound like this is the ideal dps talent both single target and AE. I dont see your point about rage capping?
    What I meant was that Anger Management only becomes useful when you are generating a TON of rage to actually take advantage of it. It really is only going to affect your tier 4 and 6 talents anyway, so it probably isn't worth even screwing with.

Deleted
    I see. Might aswell just go by the 3+ targets for switching to Bladestorm and keep Ravager in any situation.