How much crit for fire?

Right now I got 35.07% crit unbuffed with 632 ilvl. How much can I sacrifice for more int/2nd stats in the future?
    My armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...yrasa/advanced

Simcraft still says that crit is my second stronges stat after int but it feels kinda pointless to go for even more

Even with my gear level and itemization, I believe i'm right around 30% unbuffed. I do, however, have the trinket with stacking crit and the expensive weapon enchant that stacks crit, and I've topped many meters on highmaul fights doing 22-25k.

I want to say that you are sacrificing too much dps elsewhere if you are THAT high unbuffed, but then again, I just don't know a lot yet, because so many people are choosing to either not raid fire, or not raid fire on the high end fights where logs get posted publicly...

Either way, Combustion still has an awful tooltip and poor design, so learning to optimize that is your first step if you actually want to play fire, because messing up a combustion or two, could end up being a 2-5% dps loss over the course of a fight.

My .02
    "Half the people in this room are mad at me, and the other half only like me because they think I pushed somebody in front a bus, so that's not good."

Mess with the best, Die like the rest ... Crash Override & Zero Cool

10+ Year Old Account
    How much crit for fire? All of it. Get more, look at how much you have, divide by 3, multiply that by 6%, subtract out the remainder of 23 divided by 17, and then go get more crit.

Crit was Fire's best stat in SoO, when we had secondaries piling up left and right. Its certainly still the best stat now that secondaries are scarce.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is enough crit for Fire. I would aim between 30-35% self buffed at a minimum. Just don't expect to be topping charts all the time unless its extended cleave or AoE.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LocNess View Post
    That is enough crit for Fire. I would aim between 30-35% self buffed at a minimum. Just don't expect to be topping charts all the time unless its extended cleave or AoE.
    That's reassuring. I was up to 38% self buffed but noticed that I was not doing as well as when I was closer to 35%. This was because I had focused too much on crit and not enough on mastery (and to a lesser extent, haste) I am at 36% self buffed now, and still find myself a bit lacking in mastery/haste, but my numbers are looking better and my crits are a bit more reliable.

I'm happier with where my stats are now, though I know can still make a few more improvements.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...hixor/advanced

10+ Year Old Account
    It seems to me that his post is asking if he should prioritize other secondaries over Crit with how much he has reached, not if he has enough to play as Fire. The answer to that would be no, never sacrifice Crit for other secondaries for Fire.

The only time as fire that you sacrifice crit for is Tectus if you're doing the 8 mote strat, or when you get 4pc tier, both cases in favor of mastery. Once you get around 950ish crit rating with 4pc you start stacking mastery.

I'm running with almost 40% crit on my mage in fire in raids atm. I'm doing well enough to be competing on the dps with my guild as well. Granted we may not be the most hardcore raiders, and we are carrying a few people along with us, but if I can have fun in fire and not be dead weight for my guild then I'll be fire for as long as possible.

This here is the logs for our raid this Wednesday with me as fire. *Side note*I forgot to use my Shards of Nothing trinket the entire raid because I forgot I had it equipped.

I was on Flamethrower duty on Brackenspore which is why my dps is so high there. The up to 100% damage increase + blue shroom + add cleaving = Insane ignite / combustion damage spread. Also on Twin Ogron our tanks still haven't learnt to stack all that well yet, so there's not nearly as much cleave damage as there should be. Pared with a few missed meteors because tanks panicking over fire and that's the reason for the dps.

I'm not sure if it's worth mentioning that I'm also not using the combustion glyph, since I'm aligning every Combustion up with Meteor and a big Pyroblast crit. Not sure if it's worth doing, but it seems to be working, and it's super fun for adds / cleaving.

I don't see any point in not continuing to stack crit past a certain point to be honest. Maybe once you start to hit ~70% it might be worth considering because of the Enhanced Pyrotechnics, but I'm not sure.

how much crit for fire.. more crit, thats how much.

10+ Year Old Account
    For Highmaul, it is just straight going Crit, however with Enhanced Pyrotechnics, having extremely high crit is not as important, and Mastery will overtake it come BRF. There is already a significant increase in Combustion damage with just getting a Mastery raid buff, and I foresee it becoming extremely important to maximize for our DPS as it was back in SoO.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

10+ Year Old Account
    For Highmaul, it is just straight going Crit, however with Enhanced Pyrotechnics, having extremely high crit is not as important, and Mastery will overtake it come BRF. There is already a significant increase in Combustion damage with just getting a Mastery raid buff, and I foresee it becoming extremely important to maximize for our DPS as it was back in SoO.
    Don't you worry! I'm 100% sure that once we start favoring mastery over crit in BRF they will revert the recent crit% buffs.

Just like always..
    Last edited by Deztru; 2014-12-21 at 06:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Up 'till 50% i would say, after 50% it is less effective
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deztru View Post
    Don't you worry! I'm 100% sure that once we start favoring mastery over crit in BRF they will revert the recent crit% buffs.

Just like always..
    More likely to happen in 6.1 imo. Unless it turns out we (or any other class) are broken beyond reason with set bonuses, i don't think we'll see any other balance changes...which, according to simcraft, is great news for mages