10+ Year Old Account

Mistdancer set supremely disappointing.

Anyone else super disappointed that our Salvage yard set (the Mistdancer set) is halfway unusable? Particularly the gloves and shoulders cannot be transmogged.

Shoulders are sorta understandable I guess since they 'contribute to a unique silhouette' or all that garbage. As a couple of counterpoints though: Rogues and Monks can transmog to a huge number of shared leather shoulders that don't make them unique in the slightest. Furthermore, can't "no shoulderpads" be a unique silhouette in itself? Ah well.

Gloves, much less so. Doesn't make any sense imo. They're such a minor extremity that are practically invisible in combat anyway. Invisible gloves would offer no conceivable benefits in combat and serve nothing more than making monks (who are typically rather minimalistic anyway...) unique in, well, their minimalism.

The distinction really seems arbitrary to begin with. There exist invisible boots, invisible fist weapons, and the ability to toggle off helmets and cloaks. What possible harm could gloves and shoulders as a unique possible class 'look' be?

As far as I know, every other class (Bar hunters with unmoggable invisible shoulders) have a full, moggable set from the Salvage yard, but Monks are forced to find substitutes that, frankly, don't fit.

It's such a shame, too. The set feels very monk-like to me, and it's not like the class has an amazing selection of unique tier sets to begin with.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

One day, they will stop being anal-retentive about their "creative vision" and let us look how the fuck we want. Today is not that say.

Would have enjoyed a new unique monk art instead of the pyjamas that only ever look good on Pandaren.

Deleted
    Honestly I'm not a fan of the set at all compared to the rest of the class sets. It's interesting how the gear for most classes looks like you've been leveling for a while however the monk gear is the most basic of outfits. The belt is nice. The rest, not as much.

Quote Originally Posted by Mabaria View Post
    Honestly I'm not a fan of the set at all compared to the rest of the class sets. It's interesting how the gear for most classes looks like you've been leveling for a while however the monk gear is the most basic of outfits. The belt is nice. The rest, not as much.
    Agreed. With any other class, when you preview a class, you see the salvage yard gear set, and then when you move into customizing your character, you see their starting gear. For monks, it's the same. We have the same design for our starting gear as the gear we get from the salvage yard, and it's very bland. It just looks like level 1 gear, and the paw print design on the legs looks absolutely awful on my female Draenei... the design is so stretched it's unrecognizable as a paw.

bleh. Absolute bleh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chasavaqe View Post
    We have the same design for our starting gear as the gear we get from the salvage yard, and it's very bland.
    Err...You know that's the whole point right? people wanted the starting gear so Blizzard made it available via the Salvage Yard, it's not suppose to be a stunning new set.

Those transmog limitations are crap.. :/
    Thankfully LFR Fire-Charm Shoulderguards (with greenish glow) look good on that set.. But I still think those limitations should go away. Let us look the way we want :/

Although the main reason, I think, is the fact that if they allowed us to tmog the invisible shoulders - Every.Single.Other.Class.. and their mothers.. would ask for such items as well..
    Which is not a bad thing, to provide us with invis shoulders/chest items (gogo team demon hunters lol), IMHO.. But well, WoW has been known for ridiculous shoulderpads, and Blizz really wants to retain that look.. I guess..
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

I would report it as a bug. The mage set has the same issue with its belt, it can't be used for transmog. My guess is that in the rush to release some of the pieces just were overlooked and not flagged as moggable. Bug reports on the issue could speed up a fix for this issue. But I do agree overall Blizz could stand to be a bit less anal about what we can use to mog and what we can't.

They deliberately set them as untransmoggable, even confirmed via twitter somewhere in (very) late beta.

https://twitter.com/Gurzog/status/520954723340652544

@olandgren Hey uhm, the mistdancer shoulders (monk invisible shoulders) are marked as "untransmogable" intended?
    @Gurzog Yes.
    So here's that..

Also:
    @Enheru @Gurzog Limitation of the current transmog system. No shoulders is OK in this specific look, not ok in perpetuity on all sets.
    Which means nothing.. I mean - limitations of the system? Bullcrap - it's defo possible to transmog and retain ivisible item look (DK belt for example?). Limitation of artisitic visage? Maybe, but it's us who should decide which items we use..
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Deleted
    I wish Blizzard would just give in already, we all know that somewhere down the line we'll have hideable, or invisible shoulders. Or if they could just start making less retarded looking shoulders, I'm not into American Football.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post
    They deliberately set them as untransmoggable, even confirmed via twitter somewhere in (very) late beta.

https://twitter.com/Gurzog/status/520954723340652544

So here's that..

Also:

Which means nothing.. I mean - limitations of the system? Bullcrap - it's defo possible to transmog and retain ivisible item look (DK belt for example?). Limitation of artisitic visage? Maybe, but it's us who should decide which items we use..

There's also "The Emperor's New Cloak", transmoggable but is totally invisible. Also, Handwraps of Meditation (a fist weapon) and Griftah's Authentic Troll Shoes. Both totally invisible and moggable.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Viridiancity View Post
    There's also "The Emperor's New Cloak", transmoggable but is totally invisible. Also, Handwraps of Meditation (a fist weapon) and Griftah's Authentic Troll Shoes. Both totally invisible and moggable.
    Yup.. That's why I call BS on "technical difficulties"..
    They just arbitrary don't want us to get DH-like look, sticking to American Football armor attire instead..
    ^------True story!!

i am thoroughly dissapointed in the mistdancer shoulders and gloves not being transmoggable

it's not like there was 4 expansions where there was no monk gear available at all, making it actually quite difficult to find a decent pandaren monk transmog set. the mistdancer set was the answer to all my hopes and dreams for my happy little monk and then blizz decide to shit all over them.

have posted on the official forums asking for an answer
    have tweeted bashiok asking for answer

nothing - although my post was moved on the official forums, so it's definitely been read by someone, but no blue answer as to why we can't actually use this set.

anyone got any suggestions for alternative shoulders to use? i did see a set of cloth shoulders that had a very minimal "worm" over one shoulder (it looked like a fat blue worm, no other idea how to describe it) but yea, it just didn't jam with the look.

if they can't make the invisible shoulders and gloves a monk only transmog, they need to design a minimalist set of spaulders + gloves that fit the rest of the outfit that are transmoggable. otherwise i might as well just ditch the whole set.
    Last edited by smokii; 2014-12-18 at 04:38 PM.
    <insert witty signature here>

Deleted
    Don't expect this to change, the guys at Blizzard have some weird shoulder fetish and there is no chance for it to be removed...

It's really retarded that they have so little faith in the playerbase, Star wars galaxies allowed you to "transmog" ALL pieces and the people who ran around "Naked" were only a handful, other just had normal outfits on.

Or Lord of the rings online, sure you cant remove the big parts (Chest, legs etc) But you can hide Helmets/shoulders/cloak/boots/gloves... This is just the Blizzard artists being childish and insisting on wearing their stupid looking shoulders.

Quote Originally Posted by Karrados View Post
    Don't expect this to change, the guys at Blizzard have some weird shoulder fetish and there is no chance for it to be removed...

It's really retarded that they have so little faith in the playerbase, Star wars galaxies allowed you to "transmog" ALL pieces and the people who ran around "Naked" were only a handful, other just had normal outfits on.

Or Lord of the rings online, sure you cant remove the big parts (Chest, legs etc) But you can hide Helmets/shoulders/cloak/boots/gloves... This is just the Blizzard artists being childish and insisting on wearing their stupid looking shoulders.
    In Wildstar, not only can you pretty much "transmog" anything, but you can turn off any and all visible armor slots. I had a chua gunslinger who ran around wearing nothing but camo-green shorts. Balanced by the transmogged appearance getting turned off in PVP zones. Which to me sounds perfectly fair.

Eh.

It's a bummer to hear about the salvage yard class sets being less transmoggable than IMO they should be, but I can't say I'm extremely surprised.

I'm just upset we got re colored versions of MoP weapons instead of the weapons from the Wandering Isle like the zig-zag sword and some other ones that were quite unique but were idiotically white quality and can't be transmogged....
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    I'm just upset we got re colored versions of MoP weapons instead of the weapons from the Wandering Isle like the zig-zag sword and some other ones that were quite unique but were idiotically white quality and can't be transmogged....
    Oh yes please, had forgotten bout those.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    You think that is bad? Check the dk armor(spoilers: copypaste of our starter set for the 20th time)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smokii View Post
    anyone got any suggestions for alternative shoulders to use? i did see a set of cloth shoulders that had a very minimal "worm" over one shoulder (it looked like a fat blue worm, no other idea how to describe it) but yea, it just didn't jam with the look.
    I've been using Gahrron's Shoulderguard for my xmog for a long time. There are several diff colors of it available. One bare shoulder is better than none.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just got the shoulders for the monk set, flipped out about having no shoulder mog options, found out I could not mog them, saw the posts here about it...my heart sank. v.v