Thread: Happy Holinka

Deleted

About Holinka

Basically:

End of MoP: "Players feeling obligated to do RBG to get conquest cap wasn't fun - looking into ways to change that"

Beginning of WoD: "Good news, everyone! You no longer have to do RBGs to get conquest cap! YAY! Now you only have to do Ashran, Highmaul Coliseum and RBG to get conquest gear...wait that doesn't make sense...uhm...shit...oh well, let's just blame it on the community."
    Last edited by mmoc3a779c5103; 2014-12-17 at 03:29 PM. Reason: edit

It smells ripe in this thread

Its the guys attitude, he just really comes off as a jerk.

Ignoring Ashran (very low chance), and Coliseum (absolutely stupid), the Arena/RBG balance seems better now.

Before your RBG rating mattered, since it took a significantly higher Arena rating to overtake the bonus CP from your RBG rating. That meant for most players you were better off focusing on your RBG rating, even if you wanted to Arena.

Now that the two are equivalent, whichever you enjoy (and has more inflation, *cough* 3s) more is the one you can focus on. If you're not a big fan of RBGs, you can just do yolos for 3 wins.

If you hate RBGs so much you never want to step into them I can understand that frustration, but it does seem like some level of incentive is probably generally good for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dak1 View Post
    Now that the two are equivalent, whichever you enjoy (and has more inflation, *cough* 3s) more is the one you can focus on. If you're not a big fan of RBGs, you can just do yolos for 3 wins.
    It was better before. You just had to grind rbg rating once at the beginning of season, then every week win 1 game to finish cap. Now you have to win 3 every week + all this other stupid shit

I don't really mind it now. Everything just has an extra chance at gear, which in a couple of months isn't going to matter.

Before you had to grind like 20 RBGs to get to 2k+ for the higher cap, and then stay there all season. Was pretty damn miserable. Now it only matters for gear, which in a few weeks will be irrelevant.

What if I told you...

You don't have to cap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    What if I told you...

You don't have to cap.
    The point: X
    Your head: O

Holinka's previous statement directly contradicts his new design philosophy. If you want to argue that the new philosophy is good and that we shouldn't hold devs to their word, that's acceptable.

However, generic responses which don't even touch upon the issue at hand are not.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    What if I told you...

You don't have to cap.
    You'd be wrong.