Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

How do you make gold in WoD?

With Mining being nerfed to hell when it comes to making money of it, how do you make money now?

Personally, I don't because you naturally collect gold these days so unless your buying the 100k+ items it's really not relevant.

I do however know a few friends that love collecting mounts etc. They get there millions from just playing the AH... Most run an addon, buy when low > sell higher. Also buying materials and turning them into items then selling the item for a profit... Glyphs sell very well, dark moon cards to... I know a guy that made ~200k just from buying up the cards to make a darkmoon trinket and then selling the trinket.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fitsu View Post
    Personally, I don't because you naturally collect gold these days so unless your buying the 100k+ items it's really not relevant.

I do however know a few friends that love collecting mounts etc. They get there millions from just playing the AH... Most run an addon, buy when low > sell higher. Also buying materials and turning them into items then selling the item for a profit... Glyphs sell very well, dark moon cards to... I know a guy that made ~200k just from buying up the cards to make a darkmoon trinket and then selling the trinket.
    Well, I'm trying to get T3 from the BMAH so, I kinda need gold... Lol.

15+ Year Old Account
    I personally find this expansion to be especially annoying gold-wise. Tons of sinks, very few way of generating real income apart from playing the AH, which I personally can't stand.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    My current main is a skinner so I make quite a bit just farming and selling hides. Unlike other gathered mats (herbs/ore) the leather market seems to be going strong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by g01851 View Post
    My current main is a skinner so I make quite a bit just farming and selling hides. Unlike other gathered mats (herbs/ore) the leather market seems to be going strong.
    When you say "quite a bit" how much is that per stack?

Here's my mainstays so far:

-Daily jewelcrafting quest - 250-300g
    -Nagrand Steamwheedle rares - high chance at 100-500g worth of vendor trash per kill, guaranteed 30g drop (I usually kill one or two of these waiting for Highmaul raid to fill up)
    -Garrison missions - treasure missions from the inn can be worth decent gold
    -Epic jewelcrafting items and enchanting formulas when I have the mats

Now that I have my garrison up and running for the most part (less gold sinks) I'm finding it quite a lot easier to make gold than any previous expansion, especially without playing the AH - which I've done before and don't plan on doing again.
    Last edited by hablix; 2014-12-17 at 04:00 PM.

Questing, follower missions, rares in nagrand, selling prof epics, AH, darkmoon cards.

Those are some of the things I am doing.

Also helps to get BoEs from Highmaul trash and Salvage crates!

I have never been one to save gold. The most I ever had was 5k. With WOD I am at 50k saved, and that is even after building a few full T3 Garrisons. It is super easy to make gold. I loot my herb garden and make flasks. It takes no effort since the herbs grow in my garrison.

I have an enchanting station on 2 characters. Temporal Crystals sell for 500-600g each and I am generating them really quick.

Mine/Herb garden also give primals. Loot each node for a few days on several characters, save primals, buy savage blood. Those are selling for around 1500g each on my server.

I also have tailoring and blacksmith on alts. Save up the gated mats to 100, craft an epic item and sell it on the AH. 7k-10k gold each.

Have a lot of extra resources? Wait until Draenic Dust is 20 resources per 5 at the trading post and buy a bunch to sell. Garrison missions can also add up a bit.

I'd probably have even more money right now, but I have filtered some of the epic crafted stuff to character to use while leveling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Selling Savage Bloods collected via the Barn / Primal spirits. I don't specifically farm for these (except trapping the elite beasts), they just come.
    Selling Hexweave tailoring items + Royal Satchels. Just do the daily cooldowns. The Hexweave bags sell for 6k on my server and Royal satchels are still 2.5k.
    Selling Darkmoon Cards via Inscription. Most cards are around 1000g a piece at this point, some more, some less. Still about 1000g/day.
    Selling Sky Golems at 15k each or so.
    Selling Temporal Crystal Enchants for about 500g/crystal used. Makes around 1000g/day.
    Selling Jewelcrafting gems for 1500g. Makes about 300g/day.

I have 5 level 92+ characters that I just log daily to do the profession/garrison cooldowns. Takes me less than 30mins.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxxtreme View Post
    When you say "quite a bit" how much is that per stack?
    Current average on my realm is 6-10g per item, depending on the time of day/week. So a stack of 20 is 120-200g.

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm making gold same way since Cata:

- Check AH for items I can craft and are selling well (mainly ench/inscr/alch)
    - Check AH for mats to craft those items. Filter items which mat cost is less than the finished item price.
    - Buy mats. Craft items.
    - Post items on AH. Keep reposting them (I have an alt stationed in the AH just for this.)
    - Profit!

Mind you, I use addons to do that (mainly the TradeSkillMaster addon suite).
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    Rolling with the inscription and enchanting tier 1 huts for my garrison, making them Darkmoon faire cards. They have lost a lot of value, but some are still sold for around 1,5k on my server. Im also making those epic gems, temporal crystals, they go for around 400g for one.

Quote Originally Posted by g01851 View Post
    I've been tempted to drop mining and herbing on all my characters as they completely killed them by giving everyone and their brothers a free mine and herb shack that generates a ton of ore and herbs a day. Hell, the nodes out in the world generate the same amount of ore / herbs, so the garrison ones are that much easier. Couple that with the fact that if you're below 600 in either of those professions you get nuggets in the world, but full items in your garrison and it's hard not to sit back and go, "What the hell were you thinking Blizzard?"

The only thing to do with said herbs and ore is to grab other profession buildings on your garrison to actually craft something with said ore / herbs and hope it sells. Even then though, good luck getting the gold to upgrade your garrison to the rank 3 on those buildings to start even thinking of generating income. 5,000 just to get your garrison to rank 3, then 1,000 a pop on the blueprint to level that building to a 3. You'll be lucky to even generate that money back off of one item sold since prices are dropping so fast.

Deleted
    Questing.

Quote Originally Posted by Arganis View Post
    I personally find this expansion to be especially annoying gold-wise. Tons of sinks, very few way of generating real income apart from playing the AH, which I personally can't stand.
    I'd have to disagree entirely. I've never been big on gold making in previous expacs but this expansion is easier than ever, and I don't play the AH at all. Between darkmoon cards from inscription hut, buying savage bloods with primals and selling, garrison missions, 70-154g for LFD and LFR, and salvage yard, I've made almost 300k so far this expansion without trying especially hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhurn View Post
    I'd have to disagree entirely. I've never been big on gold making in previous expacs but this expansion is easier than ever, and I don't play the AH at all. Between darkmoon cards from inscription hut, buying savage bloods with primals and selling, garrison missions, 70-154g for LFD and LFR, and salvage yard, I've made almost 300k so far this expansion without trying especially hard.
    ^This. I have made so much gold without even trying this expansion. My garrison missions give me a bunch (anywhere from 60-200) and my salvage yard is nice too. I got a 665 BoE I sold for 25k last night on top of the profession items i make from JC. I've easily made 150k so far only logging in for a couple hours a night due to working full time.

I've made about 80-100k since the start of this expansion. Not big by some standards but it's the most I've had ever. There are the things I do:
    Blacksmithing: With the forge rolling out work orders and my daily cooldown I've made and sold so far:
    640 shoulders: 28k
    630 2h axe: 18k
    645 2h axe: 65k (cost 35k in mats)

I've purchased several times on the AH weapons that sell for less (versatility items usually), used reroll grinders (found for 200g each) and flipped them for about 2-4k profit.
    I have the enchanter shack and keep the work orders flowing. My gladiator sanctum provides enough trash to disenchant that I never have to search for extra items to d.e. The temporal crystals sell for a reasonable amount and bring in about 2k weekly
    The herbs you can collect in your garrison don't make much, but probably about 1k per week if you collect them each day
    Finally I've noticed that the prices on some big items like savage bloods go up and down regularly enough and have enough demand that you can often pick one or two up for cheep and re post them for a quick 500g profit.

So there is my quick guide to how I got a nice bank account with not too much time sunk into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Arganis View Post
    I've been hovering between 900k and 910k (account-wide) since launch. It slowly builds up from legacy raids, leveling alts and garrison missions. It takes huge dips whenever garrisons are upgraded, or buildings are replaced. The blueprints are too expensive for my tastes and I'd like it if there were more quest chains that gave those free unspecified blueprints as rewards.

Side-note:
    This is without any real AH use. Only sold about 300 gold worth of items so far (two pets). I prefer to stockpile crafting mats for the moment, so I can use them on alts. Same with Primal Spirits. I'd rather stockpile those so I can buy enough bloods when needed. Haven't crafted much so far, since I'm abusing the bunker's quest reward bonus first. Getting Bronze in proving grounds can give a 640 weapon that way.

I also don't farm for gold. Someone who uses AH for basic stuff (selling farmed/crafted items, not re-listing) should make more gold than they use.
    Last edited by Delaios; 2014-12-17 at 09:10 PM.

I get my "extra" gold by clearing old raids for fun and transmogs. Nax25, 30 mins, 1000g. Blackrock Descent (w/ever it's called), 15 mins, 800g. Firelands 25, 25mins, 1300g. Etc. not the most time efficient, but one of the most fun methods.
    Quote Originally Posted by DSRilk View Post
    The true measure of a person is how they act when they know they won't get caught.