Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    We're basically just weaker mages
    Nice change from being weaker warlocks all through MoP

I think hunters are in decent spot atm. Just gotta accept that they'll never be too close to top, while it's okay for mages to sit there most of the time. Hunters are (afaik) upper end of the middle pack, get invited a lot for the jobs in highmaul (wether they're the best at them or not, they tend to get asked first anyway), two specs are highly competetive atm with third not far behind. All to ask for is that it stays this way imo.

Hunters are fine. Not topping the meters as much as in Siege of Orgrimmar, but you'll be fine. I top the meters on progression every once in a while. (playing BM). But that's usually on fights with alot of cleave or high movement

nice i had about the same question im currently testing how many quest it takes to level to 100 total 1-100 and im super enjoying hunter thinking about rerolling from paladin/boomkin

In terms of DPS viability? Good enough. But not good enough for being forced to play the abomination that is marksmanship. Now at least SV is getting up there, even though it will still never be taken to to its lack of any and all burst, as well as its generally boring playstyle. The only interesting spec remains the weakest of the three though. Oh well, I was able to play BM in MoP, so obviously now it is crap 'revamped (by way of ability removal)' MM for me for the rest of the xpac.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

Deleted
    I enjoy huntering very much. If you enjoy doing SpecOps-tasks, this is the class for you.

Deleted
    Dps-wise from what i see we are good. WW monks are OP atm (still) and will be brought back a little bit more in a near future i'm sure.

If we dicount OP classes atm, we are top 5 dps normaly. Spec-wise we have 2 good specs(MM & SV) depending on the fight and 1 OK spec (BM) wich means we even have the luxury of choosing the spec we want for each fight.

Talent-wise we are OK, with some talents clearly better than others but close enough that you can choose between 2 options each tier and you won't completely gimp yourself to the point of being hopeless.

I guess from all of this i can say we are in a confortable spot. Stable, reliable and even one of the top choices for "spec-ops" (specific roles that deviate from standard dps focus boss), like other poster has written above me.

All in all, quite happy tbh. Some talent choices for gameplay diferences, more than one spec to choose from, good mobility, good dps, good utility and role assignments. Can't see a mythic raid witout possibly 2 hunters tbh, good value for the spot.