Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Do any Prime Timeline meet their Alternate Timeline version?

So at any point do any Prime timeline characters meet their alternate timeline counter parts? I haven't seen any. And it seems if a "prime character" is active in the alternate Draenor they either:

A. Have their alternate counterpart still alternate Azeroth which hasn't been contacted
    B. The prime timeline character is dead but alterate version is alive (Doomhammer, Duraton, etc...)
    C. Only exist in the prime timeline (Garrosh, Maraad)

Seems there is a great chance for some "Timey Whimy Wibbly Wobbly" stories but Blizzard has avoided that altogether. Only characters I know that exists in both timelines at the same time but don't meet are:
    Velen
    Garona
    Akama
    Lantresor of the Blade
    Farseer/Vindicator Nobundo
    Drek'Thar
    Nazgrel (He's just a baby in the AT)

I haven't played Horde so there might be some there. But what about people that *should* exist at the same time.

Rexxar
    Saurfang
    Rehgar Earthfury
    Zaela

Any other characters I'm missing?
    SWTOR Friend Referral code: http://www.swtor.com/r/DzSdz8
    (You get free stuff, I get free stuff, win/win!)

Deleted
    I don't think there are any and I think thats the reason AU Velen died in Shadoowmoon (Haven't done those quests, I'm Horde). To avoid meetings :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I've read some really interesting fan fic where an npc meets AU self. And no, it wasn't "dirty"
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh darn and I was so excited for a minute :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

7+ Year Old Account
    Nope. Blizzard said they didn't want to mess with that.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The alternate timeline seems designed to remove anybody from our timeline that could cross over. That's why Garrosh was never born, and why Shadowmoon's storyline progresses as it does.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

15+ Year Old Account
    no. because blizzard is fucking incompetent and want to create a expansion where we go back in time without dealing with the ramifications of time travel

"just pay attention to the savage draenor; don't sweat the small stuff ;DDDDD" is what say. who cares about plot holes like durotan not recognizing the doomhammer when you can fight against EPIC an COOL orcz like BLACKHAND THE DESTROYER (so epic lol)

I would really like to see Yrels reaction if she ever met MU Velen......

no. because blizzard is fucking incompetent and want to create a expansion where we go back in time without dealing with the ramifications of time travel

"just pay attention to the savage draenor; don't sweat the small stuff ;DDDDD" is what say. who cares about plot holes like durotan not recognizing the doomhammer when you can fight against EPIC an COOL orcz like BLACKHAND THE DESTROYER (so epic lol)
    There would be no ramifications. This isn't just time travel this is an alternate universe altogether. EVEN BEFORE GARROSH ARRIVED this Dreanor had differences from ours, such as Garrosh never being born and Ner'Zhul never having killed his wife.

As for the Doomhammer, I would chaulk that up to the fact that they were busy trying not to die against Blackhand. Ogrim likely didn't think to pay attention to his allies weapons let alone that there could be another Doomhammer.
    Last edited by Keile; 2014-12-17 at 09:01 PM.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    There would be no ramifications. This isn't just time travel this is an alternate universe altogether. EVEN BEFORE GARROSH ARRIVED this Dreanor had differences from ours, such as Garrosh never being born and Ner'Zhul never having killed his wife.
    are you retarded? i'm talking about ramifications as in MU characters meeting their AU selves. or MU orcs/draenei having to deal with fighting their old clan/fighting to protect family they lost.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    As for the Doomhammer, I would chaulk that up to the fact that they were busy trying not to die against Blackhand. Ogrim likely didn't think to pay attention to his allies weapons let alone that there could be another Doomhammer.
    i never said anything about orgrim, i'm talking about durotan

durotan was best friends with orgrim. there is no fucking way he wouldn't recognize the armor/weapon.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2014-12-18 at 09:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    i just wonder, is the AU azeroth fucked now that the horde hasnt come through? The races arent united now and should fall to their burning legion. amirite ?
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Perhaps I missed it, but where is alternate Maraad or what happened to him?
    Last edited by Matius; 2014-12-17 at 09:38 PM.

There is no Alternate Maraad. Like Garrosh he just didn't exist in the alternate timeline.
    SWTOR Friend Referral code: http://www.swtor.com/r/DzSdz8
    (You get free stuff, I get free stuff, win/win!)

Quote Originally Posted by Huntaer View Post
    i just wonder, is the AU azeroth fucked now that the horde hasnt come through? The races arent united now and should fall to their burning legion. amirite ?
    Not our problem. Really, AU Draenor wouldn't be our problem either if Garrosh hadn't linked the Dark Portals and tried to invade us
    There is no Peace, only Passion
    Through Passion, I gain Strength
    Through Strength, I gain Power
    Through Power, I gain Victory
    Through Victory, my chains shall be broken
    The Force shall free me

Quote Originally Posted by Poshadin View Post
    I haven't played Horde so there might be some there. But what about people that *should* exist at the same time.

Rexxar
    Saurfang
    Rehgar Earthfury
    Zaela

AU Rexxar is in Gorgrond. I would have thought Zaela wouldn't be born yet in the AU?

Yeah AU Azeroth is doomed to fall to the Old Gods at the very least. All those Caverns of Time dungeons let us know what would have happened to Azeroth if the Orcs never came to the planet, and in each scenario Azeroth was toast.
    'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

10+ Year Old Account
    are you retarded? i'm talking about ramifications as in MU characters meeting their AU selves. or MU orcs/draenei having to deal with fighting their old clan/fighting to protect family they lost.
    The retarded part was uncalled for. Thing is no characters have to necessarily meet. In an Alternate universe it's not necessary they'll meet. It's up to the writers themselves if they meet.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

OMG WHAT IF

We hadn't killed Ner'Zhul in Shadowmoon Burial Grounds, and he went into MU northrend and put on the lich king helmet. WHAT WOULD HAPPEN?

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Arugal View Post
    Not our problem. Really, AU Draenor wouldn't be our problem either if Garrosh hadn't linked the Dark Portals and tried to invade us
    Why didn't we just destroy the dark portal on our timeline side, then we would have just effectively trapped Garrosh/Wrathion in the alternate universe.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    The retarded part was uncalled for. Thing is no characters have to necessarily meet. In an Alternate universe it's not necessary they'll meet. It's up to the writers themselves if they meet.
    which goes back to what i said: blizzard wants a time travel expansion without having to deal with the ramifications of time travel. which is fucking stupid, and shows their incompetence.

Rather impossible considering only one timeline was altered. Azeroths timeline was never changed the events leading up to this point already happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post

excusable as this is a game, not a movie/book.