Deleted

Forced to play destro, makes other specs worse.

atm i feel that i'm forced to play destro, even though i would prefer having aff/demo (demo for AoE like tectus, and aff for single/multi target)
    But right now i feel like destro does everything affliction does, but better, maybe with aff having a slight edge on twin ogron cus of constant double target, but that's about it.
    I wouldn't mind this too much if it wasn't because getting crit gear limits me to destro, since the other 2 specs hardly benefit from it compared to mastery.
    And crit is too essential for destro.
    What do you guys do? is there anyone out there who doesn't have destro as one of their specs in mythic? Feel like i'm crippling myself by playing demo on anything else than tectus cus of the dark soul bug (the one where you get an incorrect amount of mastery).
    And if anyone out there is playing affliction with a fairly high amount of crit, how's that working out?

That was a lot of questions at once, sorry about that - any replies are much appreciated.

Nobody is forcing you to do anything. You can play whatever you want.

Heroic Highmaul Speaking I ran Affliction on every fight and did the same if not better against a destro lock with the same skill, 90+ percentiles

Yes there are some fights where destruction shines, but by no means do you have to play destruction

If you're not in the race for world firsts, you should play whatever you want.

OP, all of this that you 'feel' is in your head. You can do what ever you want. It's not even like your guild master told you to play as X spec, you just 'feel' like you have to.

You don't have to go crit to play destro, if you look at the world first gear thier warlock was top dps in his guild on a Kargath fight and he had highest stat in mastery. Certainly he had crit but his highest stat (sparkuggz) is mastery.

When ever you get gear if its a large ilevel boost put it on regardless of secondary stats, if you get a bis in the other spec at same ilevel just keep it in your bag incase you want to switch later.

This is all really just in your head, its shit you made up and some other issue is really whats pissing you off, this is just a convienent but illogical patsy.

Contrary to popular belief, your gear doesn't have to be perfectly optimized to play a spec. The sooner you get out of the MoP mentality of fussing endlessly over secondary stats, the better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skygoneblue View Post
    Contrary to popular belief, your gear doesn't have to be perfectly optimized to play a spec. The sooner you get out of the MoP mentality of fussing endlessly over secondary stats, the better.
    If that were the case, you wouldn't be playing anything with how horribly itemized a lot of Highmaul's stuff is.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    If that were the case, you wouldn't be playing anything with how horribly itemized a lot of Highmaul's stuff is.
    The loot itemization is horrible for everyone, nobody has ever said "lets not invite any of X spec because the loot in highmaul isn't good for thier spec.". There is very little BiS for anyone, the majority is either Good Enough In Slot or bad in slot. There is very little bis for anyone by design, we need room to grow.

In Mop we shaved off good stats to get hit/expertise to an acceptable level when we began, then slowly shaved the hit off for good stats. By the time WoD came around we couldn't shave enough hit off to get all the good stats we wanted unless we got bis. If anything we are better off now because once hit/expertise hit its cap it didn't give you any benefits (besides fury warriors of course) where even the crappiest secondary stat in wod still gives returns the higher it gets.

I play Destruction because it's the spec I'm most comfortable with. I can get (re: there is gear but I dont have it yet) gear that is crit+mastery for most slots in Highmaul which isn't all that terrible if I switch to Demonology. I actually did swap to Demo on Tectus last night to see if I would do better with Cataclysm and using ToC on the run rather than specking KJC and I did equal to my Destro parses.

As long as the boss died and you did the minimum DPS needed to do so who cares which spec you used?

I agree with Unlockmyhrt that Affliction is a more than suitable MS and better in many cases if you have to move. To me in the Highmaul fights Affliction and Demo seem to be too similar in what they excel at and would not make a very wise choice of MS and OS. I believe Destro is less similar and stronger than Demo for most fights however it does not mean that you have to play it. As to secondary stats they are so close together at the moment I don't think it makes a huge difference. As far as I am aware Crit is only much stronger on ST and that is 1/7 bosses. I have a lot of mastery and haste and Destro still does its thing.
    Last edited by SpikeySquad; 2014-12-17 at 11:42 PM.

I have been playing affli as ms since hm opened. The only time I change to destro is when I am on add duty on impregnator. I have been doing really well so don't feel like you have to play destro.

play what you want have both specs i am destro and like affl but learn demo because i never tried it before